The Venture Brothers: The Best Half-Hour On TV

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Re: The Venture Brothers: The Best Half-Hour On TV

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:47 am

The only problem I've had with this season is that we're past episode 3 now, and we've been shit out of luck with any real Hank and Dean action.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:57 am

It is nice to see them spread the love around focusing on others though.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:10 am

Retardo_Montalban wrote:The only problem I've had with this season is that we're past episode 3 now, and we've been shit out of luck with any real Hank and Dean action.

concur...but, and it's not like I'm some superfan who stalks his favorite creators and scours the web searching for news and analysis of his favorite show or anything, but over @ the Livejournal page of Jackson Public, it's been revealed that this episode was supposed...well, I'll let JP (we're tight, I can call him that) say it...

"The Invisible Hand of Fate" was the first episode to be written and produced for season 3, mainly because I originally planned to write it as the penultimate episode of season 2...before the finale got away from us and turned into a two-parter.
For the record, I wouldn't have aired this one third in an ideal world, but production deadlines forced our invisible hand. While I'm quite proud of the episode, I worry that throwing another secondary character/flashback-heavy episode at you guys so soon after our Monarch-centric premiere"

'yup, I'm not a sycophantic stalker, no sir.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:14 am

It would have been a great season opener - it's the ep I've laughed at loud at the most so far, not that the Monarch's backstory, with generous helpings of Doctor Girlfriend was bad, it just seemed like an odd pick-up point, despite carrying on from the end of season two.
It is a little out of wack -I think Pete's new wave hairdo and ageless pink skin throws me too - but with Brock's pigtail and Rusty's suit, it's got to be early to mid-eighties...

I'm sure the boys will be back soon, but I'm quite happy to spend as much time in the past with the supports as they want to produce.

I'm also trawling through the Season one dvd features at the moment - there's one short where you see both Publick and Doc Hammer in a how-to sequence where they they explain the animation process in some of the most outlandishly misleading ways possible - I get the feeling these guys don't really dig motion capture technology...
There's also these very odd 'cartooned' interviews with the 'live action characters' in costume - let me just say seeing Dr Girlfriend in the flesh is disturbing, to say the least, although Urbaniak adds a certain grinning charm, and perhaps an even more demented edge to Rusty I read his blog sometimes too...
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby MonkeyM666 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:26 pm

I've just sat down and watched all of the eps this season and even though Ep1 was weak, I think that there's a much larger story that the boys (thanks tape) may well need every ep this series to spell out. Love Eps 2-4 classic Venture Brothers. Love the reintroduction of Dr. Henry Killinger and his mystery murder bag. :lol:

.... No you are the magic man!!!
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:28 am

Retardo_Montalban wrote:The only problem I've had with this season is that we're past episode 3 now, and we've been shit out of luck with any real Hank and Dean action.

GOOD! The more time this show spends on Brock Sampson and secondary characters, the better it is. Episodes that are Hank/Dean centric are BORING! The only ones that I really enjoyed were the one where they're on a double date in the restaurant and where Baron Underbite is marrying Princess Leia. And those are mainly good IN SPITE of Hank/Dean. Sorry, but the namesakes of this show are the weakest point.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:16 pm

I love the fact that Sgt. Hatred is only arching Dr. Venture to piss off The Monarch. Telling the Monarch that he's going to treat him like a king had me rolling.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:15 am

while I'm still a mite disappointed with the new season overall, I gave that episode a pass for the brilliant usage of "A Town Called Malice"...not only for dropping The Jam into their ever expanding nods to quality music, but just an overall solid example of how when they (i.e. Publick & Hammer) go all pop-cultural referencing, it not only fits in with the show, but seems effortless. Of course a supervillain community would be called Malice...in fact, to not have used it would have been a let down.

the ever more murderously inclined Moppets hating on "Nell" was also a hoot - and Kevin (or Tim-Tom's) line about 24, "damn, even his Data's fat", just killed it. And it was subtle, but the black-box shrinkage gag was sublime.

But I'm kinda torn on Hatred...I mean, he's a fucking pederast. And while I'm certainly not one to shy away from a Pedo Bear joke, I dunno...I mean, does Brock know he touched Hank inappropriately? Did dig though how Rusty blamed the boys for being buzzkills...when it's Hatred who's the pedo.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:05 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:

GOOD! The more time this show spends on Brock Sampson and secondary characters, the better it is. Episodes that are Hank/Dean centric are BORING! The only ones that I really enjoyed were the one where they're on a double date in the restaurant and where Baron Underbite is marrying Princess Leia. And those are mainly good IN SPITE of Hank/Dean. Sorry, but the namesakes of this show are the weakest point.

I don't know if they're the weakest point (Ahem....Triana) but I do totally agree with you. The supporting characters are fantastic and a truly strong part of the whole series.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:35 pm

since it's not nearly mentioned enough, I'm going to mention how J. G. Thirlwell's music for the show is an unappreciated secret to the show's success.

whether he's outright homaging, parodying, or just coming up with some new little ditty, his score is a constant delight - the last two episodes have featured some of his better creations to date.

and this week's episode, while it may not please Nacho, was, for me, the best of the season.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:44 pm

In terms of the music, I love how everyone knows Brock jams to Led Zeppelin without ever hearing it. The riffs that they come up with that aren't quite the same, and the lyrics that are a tad off but close enough, make me smile. Nice job with the music there.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:58 pm

[quote="Keepcoolbutcare"]since it's not nearly mentioned enough, I'm going to mention how J. G. Thirlwell's music for the show is an unappreciated secret to the show's success.

whether he's outright homaging, parodying, or just coming up with some new little ditty, his score is a constant delight - the last two episodes have featured some of his better creations to date.

and this week's episode, while it may not please Nacho, was, for me, the best of the season.[/quote]

DITTO that comment...
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:28 am

Nobody cares, because everybody who would care has already imported the DVDs and/or used BitTorrent, but The Venture Brothers will finally hit German (Pay-)TV on July 23. (Sat.1 Comedy)
I hope they did a good job with the translation, now that the guy who ruined The Simpsons, Futurama and Family Guy (yes, Family Guy can be worse!) in their German versions for years died a while ago.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby John-Locke on Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:13 am

Without a doubt the best episode of the season so far.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:47 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
and this week's episode, while it may not please Nacho, was, for me, the best of the season.

bastard_robo wrote:while it may not please Nacho,

WTF!

I should hold seminars on how to piss people off or something. I haven't watched the episode yet. I'll let you know if it pleases me or not. Quick question... does it come with like a free blow job or something? I could see that pleasing me quite a bit. Or at least some Dr. Girlfriend nudity or something?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby tapehead on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:06 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:since it's not nearly mentioned enough, I'm going to mention how J. G. Thirlwell's music for the show is an unappreciated secret to the show's success.

One of my favorites was his vamp on the Doors 'The End' from 'assasinanny 911', although, from what I've read, Doc and Public often write the musical parodies.

JG Thirwell is Australian, and goes, at various times, by the names of Frank Want and Clint Ruin or Foetus, Steroid Maximus and Manorexia, among others - I know of him through his connections to Nick Cave (I think he, like quite a few No Wave Melburnians, followed Cave and The Boys Next Door to London in the late 70's), and his releases on Mike Patton's Ipecac label.

His releases as Steroid Maximus and Manorexia probably best reflect his work scoring The Venture Brothers.

Here's his website - there's some cool stuff featuring his programming for instrument-playing robots and a live version of the Venture Brothers theme from a concert last year (though I can't find any audio, Damnit!). There are torrential amounts of his music available online, if you're willing to look. I found the series
opener on his website forum, for instance, which why it's now the ringtone on my phone.

He's quite the imposing and enigmatic musical genius.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby bastard_robo on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:07 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:
Keepcoolbutcare wrote:

bastard_robo wrote:while it may not please Nacho,

WTF!

I should hold seminars on how to piss people off or something. I haven't watched the episode yet. I'll let you know if it pleases me or not. Quick question... does it come with like a free blow job or something? I could see that pleasing me quite a bit. Or at least some Dr. Girlfriend nudity or something?

"we like hugging you in your new costume Mummy!"
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:42 am

John-Locke wrote:Without a doubt the best episode of the season so far.

Seconded.

Twas a fantastic episode.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:16 pm

I don't know why everyone thought I'd hate that episode. Yes, it had more Hank and Dean, but it also had some great stuff from the secondary characters.

Also, I remember saying that it would rock if ...

Or at least some Dr. Girlfriend nudity or something?

And did you see that new costume? Yes, that's what I call an upgrade.

All that being said, I liked last week's episode better, but this one was ten times better than the first episode.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:I don't know why everyone thought I'd hate that episode. Yes, it had more Hank and Dean, but it also had some great stuff from the secondary characters.

All that being said, I liked last week's episode better, but this one was ten times better than the first episode.

Im torn between this episode and the last one as b eing the best so far this season. Ive watched each 2 or 3x now and depending on the viewing I think one or the other is superior. Atleast it can be agreed that the past 2 episodes are the bar of quality for this season and if they can keep the episodes this good for the remainder of the season we will be in in VB heaven.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:00 pm

I think my absolute fave from this season is actually the quizboy one. There were several things in that one that made me laugh audibly, not just smile.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:36 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:I don't know why everyone thought I'd hate that episode. Yes, it had more Hank and Dean, but it also had some great stuff from the secondary characters.

I hope to God that isn't Dr. Girlfriend's permanent costume. She needs to experiment a bit with a few new looks and then finally come to a decision, and then return to the pill box hat.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby hackett on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:45 am

holy crud... this episode was near amazing.... When the kleenex fell out of the bra i was rolling around the floor
http://vimeo.com/pandachase - now in technicolor
hackett
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:07 pm

I'll call it now. That woman is Dr. Ventures sister and those hot little niblets are Hank and Deans Cousins.

Great ep though, it is turning out to be a stellar series.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:33 pm

I liked the Lara Croft handstand bit. That was funny...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:13 am

MonkeyM666 wrote:I'll call it now. That woman is Dr. Ventures sister and those hot little niblets are Hank and Deans Cousins.

Great ep though, it is turning out to be a stellar series.

DAMN you beat me to it!

I was thinking the same thing too!

Hell, they really egg it on with the fact that Dr. Venture had been plowing Colonel Horace Gentleman's wife for a while as it seems..

But the Tissue bit was classic

And is it just me, or did the animation in this ep look more akin to the animation of season 1?
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby MonkeyM666 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:15 am

It's must just be you.... I actually thought that this was one of the better looking eps of the whole series. Really nice and clean, and very similar to some of the jungle cutaways that were used in ep 1 of season two's opening sequence.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:51 am

MonkeyM666 wrote:It's must just be you.... I actually thought that this was one of the better looking eps of the whole series. Really nice and clean, and very similar to some of the jungle cutaways that were used in ep 1 of season two's opening sequence.

it's also a bit visually reminiscent of the jungle scenes that top and tail The 'testicular torsion' ep, (Are you there God? It's me Dean) from back in series, so I see what Robo is saying.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:22 pm

If any of you are going to con....

5:30-6:15 [adult swim]’s The Venture Brothers— Jackson Publick (creator and voices of Hank Venture, The Monarch, Henchman 24, Pete White and Sgt. Hatred) and Mike Sinterniklaas (voice of Dean Venture) speak about [adult swim]’s original series, The Venture Brothers. Now in its third season, the show picked up after the explosive wedding of The Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend from the season two cliffhanger. Room 6B
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:05 am

Wow.... ok new favorite ep. I've watched it three times already. There's so much to it, Muther was a fantastic touch and the old dialup chugging along in the background of a couple of scenes really made me chuckle. I don't know what movie/s a lot of this ep is mirroring (Futureworld maybe?) but I do recognize a heap from some old sci-fi. oh, oh...and so many good lines...

...Brimstone,

No I think that it's sulfer...

Pants, do you like have any... um... spare pants.

and

Hello Rusty ...Today I want to talk about personal hygiene

:lol: love it....
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:39 am

MonkeyM666 wrote: I don't know what movie/s a lot of this ep is mirroring (Futureworld maybe?) but I do recognize a heap from some old sci-fi.

Looked a bit like The Forbin Project, as well as the reference to Alien obviously.

I was wondering why all the Rustys were dressed like music video stars....then liked the "they only had access to VH1 Classic down there" line at the end.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Hatred has become a job,
I had true Hatred with Venture
I didn't have to fake it
that sweet loathing just poured out of me everytime I saw his pathetic face
I just, I just, I just wanted to kick his ass...
I wanted to build a machine to kick his ass...
I wanted to build an empire to house the machine, to kick his ass!

Then by God, lets go take a dump in his pool!
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:56 pm

I loved all the Bond references in the last Episode.
Go fuck yourself.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:00 pm

Last nights ep was THE BEST YET!

I really thought for a bit that JJ was going to be shown what kind of a Struggling Background Artist that his Dad really was.. But the direction was for not...

Still great ep!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:47 am

I finally was able to catch up with season 3 so far and while I pretty much hate (or...hate is such a strong word. Let's just say 'dislike')...uhm, I mean dislike the show for its constant popculturising humor (as in "Hey look, we make a reference to an old actionfigure or a movie from the 80's. It's cheap when Family Guy and Shrek do that but when we or South Park do this, everyone loves that and calls it smart!"), I'm still impressed by how serious the creators take the show. Unlike so many other cartoons for "adults" they just don't rely on sex, violence and popculture, but write interesting stories and make you really care for the characters. (Well...some of them.) Even if this season didn't caught me as much as the first two did, I think the show is still pretty much in the same league as Futurama and the early episodes of the Simpsons.

One note about the German dubbing of the show (since it has started two weeks ago here on Pay TV): Damn, everybody sounds so bored, that it makes me sad!
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby John-Locke on Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:26 am

This weeks episode was hilarious, "Arrrr, like getting sucked off by an angel, an angel with a tranq dart" LMAO, add to that the Henchmen and their invincibility and all the other stuff and you've got one hell of a strong episode.

This season has been the best yet.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:35 pm

GODDAMNIT!

How, HOW CAN THEY DO IT!!!!!

How can this show keep getting better and fucking better by the episode!!!!!!!

I dont know how they're doing it. I'm thinking ritual sacrifice of babies to a volcano god, but what every they're doing is working!

The Voltron gag had me on the floor... I couldn't breath!

21 and 24's deconstruction of Henching.. BRILLIANT!!!!

Brock's jealousy of JJ's cannon..

Its truly a little bit of heaven!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:23 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that 21 & 24 should get their own series? (Or at least aone episode that's just about them?)
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:33 pm

That Voltron gag with the pirate getting crushed in his chair as the robot was swinging the sword almost killed me.
Go fuck yourself.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:52 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that 21 & 24 should get their own series? (Or at least aone episode that's just about them?)

Haven't they already done that? It was kind of a Hidden Fortress type deal.

(Note: I may be imagining this, or getting mixed up with another show)
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:28 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:I finally was able to catch up with season 3 so far and while I pretty much hate (or...hate is such a strong word. Let's just say 'dislike')...uhm, I mean dislike the show for its constant popculturising humor (as in "Hey look, we make a reference to an old actionfigure or a movie from the 80's. It's cheap when Family Guy and Shrek do that but when we or South Park do this, everyone loves that and calls it smart!")!

That's because when Venture Brothers or South Park do it, it is smart. They actually manage to build three-dimensional characters and situations around their reference points, creating something new in the process.

When Family Guy does it, they expect you to just automatically laugh because you recognize the reference. "Hey, they've recreated the opening credits from The Great Space Coaster! I remember that show! Haw haw!"
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:46 pm

buster00 wrote:
DerLanghaarige wrote:I finally was able to catch up with season 3 so far and while I pretty much hate (or...hate is such a strong word. Let's just say 'dislike')...uhm, I mean dislike the show for its constant popculturising humor (as in "Hey look, we make a reference to an old actionfigure or a movie from the 80's. It's cheap when Family Guy and Shrek do that but when we or South Park do this, everyone loves that and calls it smart!")!

That's because when Venture Brothers or South Park do it, it is smart. They actually manage to build three-dimensional characters and situations around their reference points, creating something new in the process.

When Family Guy does it, they expect you to just automatically laugh because you recognize the reference. "Hey, they've recreated the opening credits from The Great Space Coaster! I remember that show! Haw haw!"

Well, I wouldn't call South Park-episodes like "Make Love, not Warcraft" or "Imaginationland", which basically only consists of geek-approved, copyrighted material, smart. Neither would I say Venture-episodes like "Ice Station Impossible" a.k.a. "Look, Mr Fantastic is an ass and The Thing is mentally disabled" or the episode where the Scooby Doo characters all act like famous serial killers, smart.
But I pretty much agree about the three-dimensional characters. Like I already mentioned: "Unlike so many other cartoons for "adults" they just don't rely on sex, violence and popculture, but write interesting stories and make you really care for the characters." That's pretty much the only reason why I didn't gave up on the show.
I remember watching season 1, because it seriously made me laugh most of the time, but suddenly, when the end credits for the finally episode rolled, the Monarch was in jail and Dean & Hank were roadkill, I realized that I really wanted to know what happens next and how much I care for everybody on that show!

You will probably here me from time to time complain about the popculture references on that show, because it just make me cringe, everytime they do stuff like "Look, Johnny Quest is a drug addict now!" or "Look, it's Voltron with an Ice cream cone!", but everything else is so great in that show, that I can't be mad at its flaws for too long. :)
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby MonkeyM666 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:31 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that 21 & 24 should get their own series? (Or at least aone episode that's just about them?)

aka the Brak Show..... oooohhhh yes please :D
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:19 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:
buster00 wrote:

Well, I wouldn't call South Park-episodes like "Make Love, not Warcraft" or "Imaginationland", which basically only consists of geek-approved, copyrighted material, smart. Neither would I say Venture-episodes like "Ice Station Impossible" a.k.a. "Look, Mr Fantastic is an ass and The Thing is mentally disabled" or the episode where the Scooby Doo characters all act like famous serial killers, smart.
But I pretty much agree about the three-dimensional characters. Like I already mentioned: "Unlike so many other cartoons for "adults" they just don't rely on sex, violence and popculture, but write interesting stories and make you really care for the characters." That's pretty much the only reason why I didn't gave up on the show.
I remember watching season 1, because it seriously made me laugh most of the time, but suddenly, when the end credits for the finally episode rolled, the Monarch was in jail and Dean & Hank were roadkill, I realized that I really wanted to know what happens next and how much I care for everybody on that show!

You will probably here me from time to time complain about the popculture references on that show, because it just make me cringe, everytime they do stuff like "Look, Johnny Quest is a drug addict now!" or "Look, it's Voltron with an Ice cream cone!", but everything else is so great in that show, that I can't be mad at its flaws for too long. :)

You're right about the build.. this last weeks ep, were we learn how Dr. Venture might of died and Brock possibly following the same path! The end, after Rusty and Billy find the orb and Venture realizes how much he's missed doing the old stuff of being a science adventurer and Billy goes for the GO TEAM VENTURE pose, just solidified this show up there with seasons 4-10 of simpsons... Just brilliant works.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:27 am

Shit, the last episode was definitely one of the best things I've ever seen on TV! And I'm not just talking about cartoons! I'm 100% serious when I say that they should send a screener of it to the Emmy-jury! It was hilarious as hell (THE SHARK!!!) and had more action than a whole season of 24! I just hope part 2 is able to hold up to this.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:15 pm

That episode was really good.

I didn't think much of the previous episode...it seemed to lack something, something to pull the story together properly.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:41 pm

I think that this last episode (with all the hitmen coming after Brock) was one of the best episodes ever. I think the it's around my third favorite of all time. Awesome stuff.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:04 am

SO many cliff hangers in that episode. What will ever become of Helper? Will Brock ever get his left nipple re-attached??¿
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:10 pm

Almost off-topic: I began to include the Venture Bros theme (Okay, a loop of the first few seconds of it) into my DJ-sets.
Did I mention before how much I love the theme? But the whole score of the show is great. I hope they release a CD one day.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Vegeta on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:18 pm

Have been getting into the Venture Bros. just recently. Very twisted and hysterical in a quirky way. Like a more adult version of the Tick. Unfortunately, there is buttloads of backstory... so off to netflix.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

PreviousNext

Return to Animation