THE SHIELD (Spoilers)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:55 pm

Just finished season 6! Awesome show. Can't wait to see how it all ends.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby travis-dane on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:58 pm

FUCK,here in Germany I am stuck with season3...
I got 1-3 on DVD and watched them all with pleasure,I hope season 4,5,6 come anytime soon....
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:15 am

Yesterday I had a Shield-athon and caught up with all of last season. Last season wasn't as tense as the prior season, but it was still very good.

Shane = fucktard

My only complaint is the end of the finale. How convenient was it that Vic bailed on his hearing only to find the exact leverage he was looking for that same night? A bit too pat, if you ask me.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Re: THE SHIELD (Spoilers)

Postby The Selecter on Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:34 am

The beginning of the end...September 2nd.
The Selecter
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby C00L DUD3 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:01 pm

Ugghh...I know...so bitter-sweet...

I can't believe that it's been over a year now...sheesh.

And, The Shield's won a fair amount of awards, but I still don’t know how Michael Chiklis doesn’t win in the dramatic/Emmy category. The guy is one of the greatest bada$$es I’ve seen on TV, especially when contrasted with The Commish...haha.
---WURD!
C00L DUD3
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby John-Locke on Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:56 am

Finally the end is here, just a reminder that it's back tonight.

Can't fucking wait.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby travis-dane on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:40 am

Just finished season four.......good stuff.
Glen Close fits in great, she's as tough as Vic and knows what she wants. Sad that she's gone again...
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:16 pm

First episode back was awesome but this weeks was a bit lackluster.

The problem was that it was very easy to figure out the end result of all the plot lines this week. Rezian would not die this episode, but maybe down the line he will.

The biggest suprise this week was Cassidy.

Ohh and who would want a Billings and Dutch spin-off? The case was a bit weak but their pairing is awesome.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby travis-dane on Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:29 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:First episode back was awesome but this weeks was a bit lackluster.

The problem was that it was very easy to figure out the end result of all the plot lines this week. Rezian would not die this episode, but maybe down the line he will.

Ohh and who would want a Billings and Dutch spin-off? The case was a bit weak but their pairing is awesome.

Yeah, Dutchboy needs his own show!
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:36 pm

travis-dane wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:First episode back was awesome but this weeks was a bit lackluster.

Yeah, Dutchboy needs his own show!

I have been hoping for one since the Mamet directed Dutch centric episode.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby John-Locke on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:25 pm

Jay Karnes (Dutchboy) is also going to be in Sons of Anarchy playing some kind of Law Enforcement Agent (I'm hoping a dirty one).
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:41 pm

John-Locke wrote:Jay Karnes (Dutchboy) is also going to be in Sons of Anarchy playing some kind of Law Enforcement Agent (I'm hoping a dirty one).

I didn't know that! I'm gonna have to watch it now.

I hope you're right, I want to see him play the dirty bad guy (not the sympathetic but sorta creepy catkiller but you still kinda like him anyway...guy)
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby John-Locke on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:39 am

This season has been fantastic so far, last nights episode really set things up nicely, Dutch & Claudettes stories were nicely done too.

8 episodes to go (I think), where does everyone think this is heading? Who's going to survive and who's going to become collateral damage?

I think Aceveda is going to end up dead and Vic is going to survive and keep his job but his daughter is going to end up dead or something.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:07 pm

John-Locke wrote:This season has been fantastic so far, last nights episode really set things up nicely, Dutch & Claudettes stories were nicely done too.

8 episodes to go (I think), where does everyone think this is heading? Who's going to survive and who's going to become collateral damage?

I think Aceveda is going to end up dead and Vic is going to survive and keep his job but his daughter is going to end up dead or something.

I want Dutch to be involved in Vics fall.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:42 pm

I think Vic is in for some hurt (directly or indirectly) and it'll be by Shane's hand. Vic will finally realize the error of his ways.

Either that or Billings is going to take him down in a blaze of glory. :lol:
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby John-Locke on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:49 pm

I want Billings to have his own show...

and so forth
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby John-Locke on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:31 pm

Tavon is back, shame it took them so long to bring him back into the fold, I always liked his character.

Can't wait to see where the Vic/Shane thing is going to end, my money is on Vic kills Shanes wife, Shane kills Vic, Ronnie kills Shane, Julian rapes Ronnie, Aceveda kills Julian and Dutch boy then strangles Aceveda whilst Claudette falls down some stairs breaking her neck. The series ends with Billings finding the suitcase with the 100k whilst smiling and so forth.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:15 pm

John-Locke wrote:Tavon is back, shame it took them so long to bring him back into the fold, I always liked his character.

Can't wait to see where the Vic/Shane thing is going to end, my money is on Vic kills Shanes wife, Shane kills Vic, Ronnie kills Shane, Julian rapes Ronnie, Aceveda kills Julian and Dutch boy then strangles Aceveda whilst Claudette falls down some stairs breaking her neck. The series ends with Billings finding the suitcase with the 100k whilst smiling and so forth.

What an ending!

I am, also, a Tavon fan. I hope he's around more this season fuckin' up some stuff for Shane.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:21 pm

I think this last episode cemented Vic's tragic fate. He'll either be killed by Shane shortly after he realizes the monster he created or he'll find himself all alone in the end (no partners, no family, no job, nothing). Either way, it's going to suck for Vic, I think. I can't imagine him coming out on top of things.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby bill blake on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:17 am

three episodes left. i'm amazed at how everything is coming together. killer writing.

what is good? what is justice? what would you kill for? how far will a forced fellatio rape follow you?

this show has been amazing from the start. it could go on forever, but i'll bet it is exhausting coming up with all the twists and turns. especially recently.

i'm actually rooting for vick.
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:24 am

RogueScribner wrote:Either way, it's going to suck for Vic, I think. I can't imagine him coming out on top of things.

And if there's any real justice in this world, he really shouldn't. That's why I feel so strange about rooting for him.

It's strange how much suspense they can get out of just telephone calls and talking to each other on this show. How many bullets have been fired in the last few episodes, and yet how good have the last few episodes been?
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Cattypie on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Erg! Only 2 eps left, right?

And, if you believe Entertainment Weekly 4 characters will die in the last episdoe.

My friend and I are going to put our predictions in an envelope after next week's episode and seal it. Then after the last show, see how we did.
Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Ask me about a fabulous career in bitching!

Wooka, wooka
Cattypie
The Dork Avengerette

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:00 pm

Cattypie wrote:Erg! Only 2 eps left, right?

And, if you believe Entertainment Weekly 4 characters will die in the last episdoe.

My friend and I are going to put our predictions in an envelope after next week's episode and seal it. Then after the last show, see how we did.

Ha, I was just going to say "Me, too!" but then I saw who posted it. ;)
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Vegeta on Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:16 pm

I am an infrequent watcher of The Shield. I usually catch about four episodes a season and basically know whats going on. Caught last nights episode and it rocked my fucking socks off! Wow! I caught it on the replay at 11 pm, and was wired from it until about 2 am. Loved how it ended... Fed: "Do you know what you've done to me?", Vic: "I've done worse". I am so watching the ending... I bet Claudette has a freaking coronary.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:56 pm

I can't believe there is only one episode left!!!

I foresee tragedy of epic proportions!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby John-Locke on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:20 pm

That was certainly one of the best episodes of the shield ever. Walton Goggins deserves an Award.

It's hard to really express why this show is so good, it all just kicks ass.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Vic's admission to all of his wrong doings had me in stitches laughing. I want his bust to fail so he goes down!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Vegeta on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:05 pm

It was certainly fun watching the blood drain out of the Feds face.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:55 pm

That scene was certainly a highlight of the series!

And Claudette's reaction, too. :lol:
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby bill blake on Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:38 am

the way vic flipped certainly seems to seal his fate. but as most of us have learned through seven seasons of this rivoting series nothing is what it seems. vic always finds a way out. maybe death is his only way out at this point.

although the confession was unbelievably intense, shane's story line kept me on edge this whole episode. it's excruciating. that opening was death, literally. is marta the best secondary character in the history of television or what? well, second best. we all know huggy bear was the best.

come on tuesday.
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:36 pm

I finally saw the second to last episode last night when they reran it, and it was pretty amazing. Walton Goggings is great, but I think I get more out of Chiklis' performance. Seeing him going over everything in his head before he started to confess, just fantastic. And when she asks him "is that all?" after he says like two things, the "How much memory does that thing have" bit was great. I think that Vic will either be dead or alone at the series' end, and if he does die, it'll be by Ronnie's hand.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:50 am

Everyone's ending was perfect, except Mackey's. True justice for him would have been nothing short of death. Shane's whole deal was horribly tragic, but it could have come out so more painful for all of them. I loved that note he wrote, I wish he could have finished it. I am SO glad that Dutch didn't die.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby bill blake on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:02 am

Heyoucantlaughatthat wrote:Everyone's ending was perfect, except Mackey's. True justice for him would have been nothing short of death. Shane's whole deal was horribly tragic, but it could have come out so more painful for all of them. I loved that note he wrote, I wish he could have finished it. I am SO glad that Dutch didn't die.

there are fates worse than death. chiklis' performance hammered that home for me. i agree with you on the rest — at least on principle. it goes deeper for me. i'm a freak.

the sheild was amazing.
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:09 pm

The best part of the episode was that GUTWRENCHING phone call between Vic and Shane. I'm so happy Walton Goggins is getting his own show. I'm pretty sure that was the final straw for Shane. I should have seen the signs when he was acting all happy and tipping the clerk $60, but I was still shocked.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby The Vicar on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:37 pm

The resolution of the Shane story line was powerful shite. Didn't see that coming.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:22 pm

What's the worst thing you can do to Vic Mackey? Take away his team. Take away his badge. Take away his family. Parade his betrayal right in front of his face. And then make him work a menial desk job for 3 years or else go to prison. On the surface of it, it looks like Vic came out on top, but he really didn't. The only thing worse for him would be death.

The EW story was bullshit. Four major characters die? Whatevs. Though when Shane tipped that clerk I knew he wasn't long for this world, but I couldn't believe he'd actually do what he did. Fucking A.

This was a more than satisfactory end to the series. My only gripe is that they didn't show that serial killer kid getting nailed to the wall; that was kinda left up in the air.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:22 pm

That was a shocking statistic that Dutch threw out at the end. 50% of the world's serial killers have spent a portion of their life in southern California? Can anyone verify?

I agree with whoever said that they should have let Ronnie yell down Vick longer, too. He definitely got the raw end of the deal, although he deserved it.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:29 pm

How long do you think Ronnie will be in prison for? Do you think if he ever gets out he'll hunt down Vic? Do I smell TV reunion movie? :-P
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:24 pm

It might be interesting. I found myself wishing that Ronnie and Lem switched places, I always liked Lem better.

A TV movie would be cool, but I just want the actual show to keep going!
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby The Selecter on Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:48 am

As someone who picked up the series beginning with the pilot, I was more than satisfied with the finale. A series with the main protagonist painted in shades of grey shouldn't have ended with handcuffs, or a blaze of gunfire.

My only misgiving is that I'll have to find something to fill the void. I'll miss these well-played characters and the words coming from their mouths. There has always been something to look forward to for the past 8 or so years, but now what?

Thought I'd surely watch if they revisited this universe, in whatever form, I'd rather they didn't.
The Selecter
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Hermanator X on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:59 am

I picked up season 1 of this on DVD towards the end of december.
I just got done watching the season 7 finale last night.
It has rocked mine and my fiances socks off. Such a brilliant show, and then ending was ace.
Scanned over the thread a bit, and noticed the same conflicted feelings of rooting for vic and the team, while still not being able to stomach the heinous things they had done.
It was a total shock for the show to really hammer home just what a horrible human being he really was, and his punishment was superb.
Pretty much delivered to limbo, but with hell much closer than heaven at either side.
Either break his terms, and go to jail (more than likely dying in jail, or in the process of getting their), or reinvent himself as an office drone living saint. Cant see the latter happening.
But his survival above all else is what matters to him. Powerful stuff.

Gonna really miss Dutch boy and the rest of the gang, and I was totally gutted for poor Ronnie. Not that he was clean himself, but he was nowhere near the monster Vic was.

Anyhoo, I loved it. So very glad that I picked up the first season on a whim not knowing too much about it (I was actually worried it was some sort of shitty CSI type show). Sure there was a fair amount of cheese, and convenience in some of the plotting, but only to keep the show speeding along. Enough to keep me grinning, and not rolling my eyes I guess.

And a funny thing happened, when the last ep finished, after chatting about it for a bit with the missus, we stuck the TV on, and their was the first ep of the first season starting a complete re run...... spoooky!
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:03 pm

I know I missed the water-cooler shelf-life of this show by years (and years and years), but I just finished watching The Shield and felt it my duty to say that it had one of the best series finales ever.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Ribbons wrote:I know I missed the water-cooler shelf-life of this show by years (and years and years), but I just finished watching The Shield and felt it my duty to say that it had one of the best series finales ever.

Did it involve Bob Newhart and Suzanne Plachette?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Yes, they're both murdered
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:41 pm

"hi, i'm Larry, this is my 'ho Darryl, and this is my other 'ho Darryl."
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger