THE ZONE'S MMA (MIXED MARTIAL ARTS) THREAD!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: THE ZONE'S MMA (MIXED MARTIAL ARTS) THREAD!

Postby papalazeru on Wed May 14, 2008 5:24 am

CeeBeeUK wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
papalazeru wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:I have touched her!

The dirty, dirty things I would do to this girl..

If she couldn't kick my ass, I would go complete QUEST FOR FIRE on her!

You are so lucky.....

getting to actually touch Bastard_Robo. I hope you think your lucky girl.

heheh!

YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT!

How many times must we explain the rules to Rock-Paper-Scissors? Sigh!

;)

So what?

You never heard of Smell my finger and guess where it's been?

It's quite well known.

and it looks like she guessed right so that makes it obvious that Robo's outta luck and something which sounds similar to luck.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed May 14, 2008 9:01 am

Well, she's definately got the genes. She's the daughter of former Dallas Cowboy QB Glenn Carano. Yes, she's pretty tasty looking.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Peven on Wed May 21, 2008 5:13 pm

any of my fellow MMA fans going to be watching the Penn vs Sherk card this saturday night? not only is the main card a great match-up but the undercard has some excellent pairings as well. should be well worth the money......if you're into that sort of thing

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby bastard_robo on Wed May 21, 2008 11:36 pm

I'll be watching a replay when I get home.

Im going to a indy Wrestling show that night, and will miss the live broadcast
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Peven on Thu May 22, 2008 12:08 am

bastard_robo wrote:I'll be watching a replay when I get home.

Im going to a indy Wrestling show that night, and will miss the live broadcast

and what about the Uriah Faber vs Jens Pulver match on June 1st? eh? eh? i think they may have to carry Pulver out on a stretcher when Uriah is through with him, as tough as Jens is.

who do you like to win the Penn vs Sherk fight? i am really pulling for Penn, and i think he is the more talented fighter, but against Hughes it was his conditioning that failed him and Sherk is known for having phenomenal conditioning. if it goes 5 rounds i think it favors Sherk, but if the fight is ends early vie KO/TKO then i predict it will be Penn's being raised after the fight.

can't wait to see Machido kick Tito Ortiz's ass too.... :D
Last edited by Peven on Thu May 22, 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby bastard_robo on Thu May 22, 2008 12:16 am

Tito's a bitch!

Penn will retain.. Unless something really wacky happens.

I'm looking forward to Jardine vs Silva though..
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Peven on Thu May 22, 2008 12:20 am

bastard_robo wrote:Tito's a bitch!

Vanderleigh will stop him.......you'll see ( in best Heath Ledger's Joker voice)

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby bastard_robo on Thu May 22, 2008 4:23 am

Peven wrote:

Vanderleigh will stop him.......you'll see ( in best Heath Ledger's Joker voice)

He better..

Wandy need to break the fucking PRIDE curse...

The only two guys that wernt affected by it were Anderson Silva and Quinton Jackson.. and look at those two, UN FUCKING STOPPABLE!

Which really irks me when people talk shit on the Pride guys, saying that they cant hang and bang with the UFC guys.. Fuck, when Pride was still open, it was the other way around..

Look what happened to CHUCK when he went to PRIDE.. Ass on a silver platter!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Peven on Thu May 22, 2008 8:40 am

bastard_robo wrote:
Peven wrote:

He better..

Wandy need to break the fucking PRIDE curse...

The only two guys that wernt affected by it were Anderson Silva and Quinton Jackson.. and look at those two, UN FUCKING STOPPABLE!

Which really irks me when people talk shit on the Pride guys, saying that they cant hang and bang with the UFC guys.. Fuck, when Pride was still open, it was the other way around..

Look what happened to CHUCK when he went to PRIDE.. Ass on a silver platter!

anyone who says that the Pride guys can't hang with UFC don't know Pride, imo. i am just disappointed that when UFC bought out pride that the whole Pride crew didn't come over to UFC. Anderson Silva is a fucking inhuman monster, a fighting God. what he did to Rich Franklin, one of the toughest, best fighters in the world, was brutally astounding. and he did it twice. best lb for lb fighter in the world, imo.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby bastard_robo on Fri May 30, 2008 12:35 am

So, did anyone catch the PPV last weekend.

WADY IS BACK BABY!

And now some shit is about to be fucked up!

And Elite XC is this weekend, and already DANA WHITE Is talking shit on it.

The little Struggling Background Artist can't deal with other press besides UFC or WEC (of which he claims has put on far superior shows than PRIDE ever did.. WHAT???)
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:59 pm

Elite XC did fantastic Numbers!

Good fights too!

Gina Carano beat the crap out of her opponent.

Kimbo busted open an ear with his fist.

All good stuff!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Peven on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:26 pm

bastard_robo wrote:Elite XC did fantastic Numbers!

Good fights too!

All good stuff!

dude, sorry but that card last night was a joke. took waaaaaaaay too long between fights, the announcers were tools who obviously don't know shit about the sport, and Kimbo Slice was exposed as nothing more than a musclebound brawler with little skill and would be taken apart easily by any of the top 10 or 15 heavyweights in the UFC. that was more like a carnival sideshow than a real MMA fight card. at least imo

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Peven wrote:

Good fights too!

All good stuff!

dude, sorry but that card last night was a joke. took waaaaaaaay too long between fights, the announcers were tools who obviously don't know shit about the sport, and Kimbo Slice was exposed as nothing more than a musclebound brawler with little skill and would be taken apart easily by any of the top 10 or 15 heavyweights in the UFC. that was more like a carnival sideshow than a real MMA fight card. at least imo

Besides Nogaria.. UFC has some of the WORST Heavyweights in the world

White knows this and thats why he talks shit on past PRIDE events and wont sign FEDOR.

Cro Cop had some bad luck, but he had a total of 3 fights, won one, lost one by a freak knock out, and one by decision.

Kimbo is still a rookie. I say give him time..

And as for announcing, I'm curious as to why they didn't go with their usual team of Bill Goldberg and Jay Glazer. But thats just me.

While, yes, some of the decisions were kinda bunk on the outcome of the matches, it was because of the state doctor.

I also liked their entrance too, wasn't PRIDE, but it reminded me a bit of it.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Peven on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:01 am

bastard_robo wrote:
Peven wrote:

Good fights too!

All good stuff!

Besides Nogaria.. UFC has some of the WORST Heavyweights in the world

White knows this and thats why he talks shit on past PRIDE events and wont sign FEDOR.

Cro Cop had some bad luck, but he had a total of 3 fights, won one, lost one by a freak knock out, and one by decision.

Kimbo is still a rookie. I say give him time..

And as for announcing, I'm curious as to why they didn't go with their usual team of Bill Goldberg and Jay Glazer. But thats just me.

While, yes, some of the decisions were kinda bunk on the outcome of the matches, it was because of the state doctor.

I also liked their entrance too, wasn't PRIDE, but it reminded me a bit of it.

heavyweights are not the marquee division, and not even close to the best fighters. still, the UFC has a decent stable of heavies that is as good as any league/organization, especially after buying out Pride and bringing their heavies over, like Cro Cop.

now, a REAL MMA card was held last night, on Versus channel, with Jens Pulver vs Uriah Faber headlining and it was great. real fighters, real refs, real anouncers. the undercard was pretty damn good and then the main event was about as good as a fight could be without a KO, and that includes the respect they showed each other after the fight was over too.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:06 am

Peven wrote:now, a REAL MMA card was held last night, on Versus channel, with Jens Pulver vs Uriah Faber headlining and it was great. real fighters, real refs, real anouncers. the undercard was pretty damn good and then the main event was about as good as a fight could be without a KO, and that includes the respect they showed each other after the fight was over too.

I ended up watching most of the main event last night for some reason... not the kind of sports I'm into. but i was genuinely enthralled by this match. Althought pulver really never gave much of a fight, he held his own remarkably well.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:35 am

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:now, a REAL MMA card was held last night, on Versus channel, with Jens Pulver vs Uriah Faber headlining and it was great. real fighters, real refs, real anouncers. the undercard was pretty damn good and then the main event was about as good as a fight could be without a KO, and that includes the respect they showed each other after the fight was over too.

I ended up watching most of the main event last night for some reason... not the kind of sports I'm into. but i was genuinely enthralled by this match. Althought pulver really never gave much of a fight, he held his own remarkably well.

glad you got to see it, so sorry, and if you had seen the fights where Faber has totally demolished quality fighters you would have been even more impressed with Pulver's performance, man. did you see those shots that Faber landed and Pulver not only stayed on his feet but came back to hurt Faber with a few shots of his own later in the same round. Pulver pushed Faber harder than anyone has and took him the distance, which no one had done either. that Faber is such an incredible physical specimen, though, that Pulver couldn't break through and get any momentum going his way, even though he did land some good shots here and there throughout the fight.

as is obvious, i am a Pulver fan. the guy is a legend in the sport, has been through it all, and he has grown from it, he has faced it down and is still plugging away to be his best in this world, not just as a fighter but as a man. that crowd booed the hell out of him last night at the introductions, it was Faber's hometown, and in response he bowed to them respectfully. after the fight, even though he lost, he thanked the fans for supporting the fight. great stuff

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby buster00 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:15 am

It's taken this long for someone to post the footage of Kimbo Slice popping James Thompson's ear like a water balloon?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:32 pm

Elite XC tonight!

Kimbo vs Shamrock is off, Shamrock injured and not cleared to fight, Kimbo faces replacement!

Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobold!!!

Andrei Arlovski vs. Roy Nelson

Jake Shields vs. Paul Daley

Good card!

For anyone who thinks that UFC is the only game, Check it out! You might not like Kimbo, but the rest of the card looks good!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:17 am

Kimbo lost! It was on at the bar I was in tonight but I just missed it. At 14 seconds that wasn't hard to do.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby travis-dane on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:47 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Kimbo lost! It was on at the bar I was in tonight but I just missed it. At 14 seconds that wasn't hard to do.

Here is the "full" fight in HD....

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=5Al89g7z-5c
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:23 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Kimbo lost! It was on at the bar I was in tonight but I just missed it. At 14 seconds that wasn't hard to do.

I'm not saying that Kimbo is unstoppable or is the best, but it was more or less a lucky hit. Kimbo got tagged, Petruzelli capitalized... its what anyone would do. It didn't make Kimbo look bad, nor dose it really prove much on Petruzelli's part. Kudos to Petruzelli though.. thinking you're going to be fighting on the under card, then up to main even and winning.. good on him. I do expect a rematch.

Kimbo is 3-1, only 4 fights in, he's got Brock Lesnars record going now..

My girl Carano rocked the house!

It was a good show over all!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Chilli on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:22 am

Just watched it. DAMN!

Aside from my geeky side being annoyed at the Rocky references (as any film fan should know, he went the distance first time, he didn't punch the Hell out of Apollo and win in 14 seconds), I think that's probably the best result they could've had. It sets up a rematch which'll get a lot of views for two opposing bits of intrigue:

1) What is Kimbo going to do to avenge his loss?
2) Can Petruzelli hang in a longer fight with Kimbo?
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby papalazeru on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:29 am

Chilli wrote:Just watched it. DAMN!

Aside from my geeky side being annoyed at the Rocky references (as any film fan should know, he went the distance first time, he didn't punch the Hell out of Apollo and win in 14 seconds), I think that's probably the best result they could've had. It sets up a rematch which'll get a lot of views for two opposing bits of intrigue:

That was interesting to watch.

To me it looked like Kimbo made a mistake and Petruzelli got in a lucky shot.

The battering on the floor looked like a poor show, his punches seemed more out of desperation to keep Kimbo on the floor. But, it worked and he won. I'm sure Kimbo will be back to claim his throne.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:28 am

papalazeru wrote:
Chilli wrote:Just watched it. DAMN!

That was interesting to watch.

To me it looked like Kimbo made a mistake and Petruzelli got in a lucky shot.

The battering on the floor looked like a poor show, his punches seemed more out of desperation to keep Kimbo on the floor. But, it worked and he won. I'm sure Kimbo will be back to claim his throne.

Bingo!

There are a lot of people on other boards that are calling it THE END OF KIMBO. but these are the same people that have been waiting for Kimbo to lose. This is more of a GONZAGA over CRO COP wing.. Lucky shot, and capitalized.

There will be a rematch.. This in the end could be better for ELITE XC, as they have no real RETURN FIGHTS to offer anyone.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Fievel on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:52 am

I love how the ref starts the fight.
So much flair.

What a lucky shot!!!

Hell of a gouge in Slice's brow, though!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:40 pm

I loved the fact that they kept replaying FEDOR vs SYLVIA over and over again last night!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby bastard_robo on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:36 am

Your new UFC HW CHAMP!

My room mate about shit himself when brock KO'd Randy. I had my doubts, but when I saw Randy walk out before the fight, he looked old and beaten.

I think this win will be short lived though, after Nogeria and Mir go at it, which Im calling Nog ftw, I doubt that Lesnar cant beat Nogeria at this time.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby TheButcher on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:38 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Peven on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:46 pm

bleh...the best fighters are in the UFC and the only reason "name" fighters stay in Strikeforce is because they are afraid of the level of competition in the UFC

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:12 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:11 am

This Trailer Has Me So Fucking Amped To See Some Jiu-Jitsu
Metamoris 3 OFFICIAL TRAILER #2
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu & Lethal Weapon

Postby TheButcher on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:24 am

“Interview with Rorion Gracie,” by James Williams and Stanley Pranin
AJ: Would you describe how it was that you came to America?

Rorion Gracie: I first came here in the late 60s. I was seventeen or eighteen years old. Then I went back to Brazil and stayed there for a couple of years, but I started missing California very much. So I came back again for a few more months, then returned to Brazil and entered law school, then graduated after five years. I never practiced law, but I have a bachelor’s degree. At the same time while going through college, I also got married in Brazil, had two kids, and got divorced. I felt I had to go back to the United States. In the late 70s, at twenty-seven, I decided it was a perfect time for me to go back. The Gracie family is popular because during the 1930s my father was the first Brazilian sports legend. He had taught people from all walks of life including a former Brazilian president, state governors, and others.

Coming here and starting out from scratch with nothing but self-confidence was a challenge I had never had in Brazil. There I was born famous. Everyone was there to help us. We never had to stand in lines. We just went around and got in everywhere for free. The Gracie name was a tremendous door-opener. It was different from being the family of a politician since a politician may be very liked by some people and hated by others. But because my father was a sportsman, everyone regarded him as a national hero.From my previous trips to the United States I knew there was no teaching method that came close to the kind of Jiu-Jitsu we do. I was looking for adventure and wanted to start something here. The Jiu-Jitsu here was taught quite differently and was not very popular at all. I came here and spent the first ten years really struggling. I had to do everything from panhandling to sleeping on the beach. I was absolutely broke. Of course, nobody knew of the Gracie family. I got myself a house and made a couple of friends. We put a mat in the garage and every person I met I brought to the house for a free introductory class.

Everyone, of course, fell in love with the art. Then I started teaching a few classes here and there while cooking hamburgers, working in construction and cleaning houses.

I ended up getting a job as an extra in the movie business when I started doing some cleaning chores for people. I was cleaning the house of a lady whose husband was then an assistant director for the “Starsky and Hutch” series. She said, “How come you’re not in the movie business? Since you’re from Brazil, you’re an unusual type.” I expressed an interest in the idea so her husband took me to a casting office. I ended up getting the job and I did everything from “Fantasy Island” to “Hart to Hart.” I worked as an extra on many different television shows for ten years.

A production assistant for the movie “Lethal Weapon” had seen one of my fights against a kickboxer. The script had a big fighting scene and the director needed a fight coordinator. The man who had seen me told the director: “Look, you’ve got to meet this guy. He’s the best.” So the director hired me to choreograph the fight and teach Mel Gibson and Gary Busey for “Lethal Weapon I.” A couple of years later I worked with Rene Russo on “Lethal Weapon 3.” I not only trained her, but also when it came time for the fight scene, they hired me as a stunt man.

As I said, for the first ten years I was teaching Jiu-Jitsu in the house. I had about one hundred and twenty students coming to the house and eighty people on a waiting list. We couldn’t handle the number of students anymore, so we moved to our present location about mid-1990. Of course, success breeds competition, so now you have many people claiming to teach Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and have been trained by the Gracies. Everybody comes in from Brazil hoping to work with us, but my standards are very high. They say, “Gosh, you’re just like your father. Everything has to be exactly right; everything has to be perfect!” So they do their own thing and go on misleading the fans and the public who want to learn the Gracie method. It’s very easy for these imitators to say, “Oh yeah, I’ve trained with so-and-so who’s trained with a Gracie,” even though they are not certified by the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy.

So now all of those people claim to have some kind of involvement with the Gracies because that’s their claim to fame. That’s a good way to fool the public. There are a whole bunch of these guys who may be black belts but they don’t have any teaching training. That’s why these people can’t stand to work with me because I’m too picky in the way I want classes to be taught. It has to be one way. If they’re not willing to teach the way I want it, which is to do what is best for the student, I can’t work with them because my goal is not to get money from students. My goal is to help students and money is a consequence of my work. It’s not the reason for my work. That’s why I’m starting a certification program. I’m training instructors now. I do not endorse anyone who is not certified by the Gracie Academy.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Gracie Jiu-Jitsu vs The World

Postby TheButcher on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:50 am

Royce Gracie confronts Eddie Bravo after grappling match
Elias Cepeda wrote:Original UFC champion Royce Gracie had no interest in letting bygones be bygones with grappler Eddie Bravo after Bravo's match with Royce's brother Royler at the Metamoris 3 submission grappling main event Saturday. Royler, 48, is one of the most decorated submission grappling champions in history and a respected MMA fighter who fought some of the very best fighters in the world in his fight career.

Bravo, 43, has never won a world title or fought MMA but did beat Royler in a grappling match back in 2003 at the ADCC world title tournament. After that submission win, the previously unknown Bravo (who is a black belt uner Gracie cousin and grappling legend Jean Jacques Machado) retired and became one of the most successful Jiu Jitsu coaches in the world.

Bravo also routinely made critical and disrespectful remarks about Royler and other Gracies over the years. After Bravo and Royler grappled to a draw Saturday at Metamoris 3, Royce went backstage to confront the 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu leader.

"I told him that I liked what he said after the fight, but didn’t like the fact that he always talked trash about Royler and my family," Royce told Guilherme Cruz in a recent interview.

"He stood up and started yelling, so I also raised the tone of my voice and told him I didn’t like it...He said he always gave my family credit, but I know it’s not true," Gracie went on.

"He always talks trash about my family. Enough with this [expletive]. He said he never talked bad about my family and he always gave us credit. He kept raising the tone of his voice, and I told him to shut up, so Jean Jacques [Machado] came in, said we didn’t need this and asked [Bravo] to leave."

It does not appear as if Royce's actions were an attempt to create hype for a possible grappling match between he and Bravo in the future since Gracie went on to say that he's a fighter, not a grappler.

"I’m a vale-tudo fighter," Royce explained.

"I’m not a fighter to score points of fight with time limit. Let’s [fight] with no time limit and with punches allowed. I’m a vale-tudo fighter, I don’t compete in [grappling] tournaments."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Wanderlei Silva

Postby TheButcher on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:37 am

Wanderlei Silva - Breaking News
Wanderlei Silva Retires From UFC
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Wanderlei Silva

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:00 am

Wanderlei Silva reacts to NAC lifetime ban:
‘War is just beginning, sons of b-----s’
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:02 am

Oh yeah.. this is still going...

Problem is Dana has run my enthusiasm for the sport into the ground with the 90 fucking shows a month... Unlike ECW, UFC obviously can't make it as just a brand. And with star power stretched thin, I find it hard to watch these days.

not toe mention a lot of the fighters are just phoning it in or just dancing in the cage..
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:33 am

bastard_robo wrote:Oh yeah.. this is still going...

Problem is Dana has run my enthusiasm for the sport into the ground with the 90 fucking shows a month... Unlike ECW, UFC obviously can't make it as just a brand. And with star power stretched thin, I find it hard to watch these days.

not toe mention a lot of the fighters are just phoning it in or just dancing in the cage..

Yeah, the UFC has become over saturated.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:17 am

It's amazing my enthusiasm when I started this threat back in 07 to my humdrum care over the product today.

IFL and Pride are dead. Strikeforce went with ti in that time as well.

Well, one day, maybe Bellator can be a decent competitor one day
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Peven on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:21 pm

try tuning in this saturday, and if that card doesn't do it for you then you aren't a real MMA fan anyway, just walk away :)

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:56 am

Guy Mezger Shares the Legacy of “17 Years of Being Hit in the Head”
As a long time fan of MMA and other combat sports I feel past, current and future athletes are owed a fair and sober discussion of the realities of traumatic brain injury. Yes a bit of common sense tells us these sports have inherent dangers and yes being hit in the head is not good for ones health. That said, the legacy of traumatic brain injury usually builds slowly over time and can be a near invisible problem that deserves its ever increasing attention.

To this end I recently came across a video and medical case study from storied MMA veteran Guy Mezger who has been left with a legacy of traumatic brain injury after ‘17 years of being hit in the head.’

Here is Guy’s story along with a case study detailing his symptoms. I’m not sharing this to bash the sport, simply pointing out an ugly byproduct that can come with a career in MMA.

Guy presented with:

daily bouts of severe dizziness

was not able to perform normal daily activities due to lack of balance

difficulty tracking written word

difficulty walking

daily mental fatigue

memory loss

Profound reduction in his balance on a normal surface, even with his eyes open.

Severe reduction in balance on a flat surface, with eyes closed.

Profound reduction in balance on an unstable surface with eyes open.

Profound reduction in balance on an unstable (foam) surface with eyes open.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:15 am

Duh
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Previous

Return to Coaxial