Wolverine and the X-men

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Wolverine and the X-men

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:23 pm

http://www.cyber-animation.com/wolverine/wolverine.htm

Just viewed this clip from the new series and I have to say I'm kind of shocked at how dark this series looks. Assassination? Torture? The kiddies are going to love this show!

Having a Foo Fighters song in the mix did help. ;)[/url]
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:47 pm

It does look cool.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby bamf on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:25 pm

Somone had fun cutting that together for sure.
bamf
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:48 pm

Wow, I totally think the trailer is shit, and the movie doesn't look too good either. The one liners were all lame, the animation was choppy and no where near as cinematic as the DC stuff. Quick Silver's face was so out of proportion that he could double as the Hunch Back of Notre Dame. You know, back in the nineties it was Marvel that was doing everything right and DC was playing catch up, but I think the tables have turned.

The music was okay, but I'm severely disappointed in how everybody mentions the Foo Fighters, but nobody is going to give props to the Sound Garden song. Foo Fighters can release a thousand albums, but they will never come close to the greatness that is Superunknown or Bad Motor Finger.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Looks more mature than the "target audience" listed.

-The cry of "Wolverine!" near the end gave a definite Red Dawn flashbck.

-Bad Rogue? I haven't read a current X-Men comic in almost 20 years, so if this happened there it's new to me.

Looks cool.

Edit- Retardo... Superunknown is one of my favorite 90's albums. Black Hole Sun and Fell On Black Days are definite musical bookmarks in my life.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:30 pm

Does anyone on the intraweb have a LINK THAT WORKS?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:34 pm

It took me two times and a lot of patience on the second try for the page to finally load. I felt like it was 1996 and I had dial-up again.

Gadzooks!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:45 pm

Didn't see the vid yet. The question is: who's voicing Wolverine? Is Mark Hamill going to do it again?

Well for the English version at least.

EDIT: JESUS CHRIST, THE SLOWEST PAGE EVER!

EDIT #2: Much like Parisians in World War II, I too surrender. Anyone got a YouTube link or something?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:06 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:Didn't see the vid yet. The question is: who's voicing Wolverine? Is Mark Hamill going to do it again?

EDIT #2: Much like Parisians in World War II, I too surrender. Anyone got a YouTube link or something?

Scott Blum. He's probably best known as the english voice actor for Spike in Cowboy Bebop and the robot host on Toonami. I think he also voiced Wolverine in the Marvel Alliance video game too.
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
AIRWOLF

Wolverine and the X-men

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:10 am

IM jazzed. This looks like it took what was best out of Evolution and the original series and put them together..
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:14 am

Spifftacular SquirrelGirl wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:Didn't see the vid yet. The question is: who's voicing Wolverine? Is Mark Hamill going to do it again?

Scott Blum. He's probably best known as the english voice actor for Spike in Cowboy Bebop and the robot host on Toonami. I think he also voiced Wolverine in the Marvel Alliance video game too.

Ahhhhhh! That's where I recognized it from!

See you space cowboy.....
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:50 am

one word...
Yuck
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:03 am

youtube link

Trailer looked good, but not great. But it can't be any worse than X3, right?
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby TheButcher on Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:54 pm

Spifftacular SquirrelGirl wrote:

Didn't he voice Wolverine in Evolution also?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby The Garbage Man on Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:05 pm

Nope, that was Scott McNeil. Very similar voice though.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Anybody else thing they're trying to recapture the glory they had in the mid to late 90's with this kinda stuff?

Maybe it's just memories, but the last few comic book cartoon series i've seen have been shit compared to the 90's stuff, including the trailer for this show.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Wolverine and the X-men

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:27 pm

king_of_nowhere wrote:Anybody else thing they're trying to recapture the glory they had in the mid to late 90's with this kinda stuff?

Maybe it's just memories, but the last few comic book cartoon series i've seen have been shit compared to the 90's stuff, including the trailer for this show.

The 90's series was the shit! But going back and watching it now, the stories were great, but the animation sucked for the most part.

Thats why Im jazzed about this series, as it looks like they took the storytelling from the 90's and combinded it with the animation of today.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Re: Wolverine and the X-men

Postby Fievel on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:57 pm

I've been watching this... and thoroughly entertained by it.
Spike Speigel's voice as Wolverine is a little odd... but it works.

But the stories are very cool so far. Me like.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:59 pm

Fievel wrote:I've been watching this... and thoroughly entertained by it.
Spike Speigel's voice as Wolverine is a little odd... but it works.

But the stories are very cool so far. Me like.

When the fuck did it come on? I've been looking for it on my TV guide, but Time Warner dosnt list it...
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Fievel on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:55 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wow. I've seen the first 7 episodes via "one of those places that shall not be named".
I figured I was just missing them when they aired.
They're not set to debut until next year..... ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:55 am

Fievel wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wow. I've seen the first 7 episodes via "one of those places that shall not be named".
I figured I was just missing them when they aired.
They're not set to debut until next year..... ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh good, you scared me there for a moment.

i called one of my buddies last night to see if he"d seen it on tv, because nick toons is already whoring this thing along with the Iron man cartoon. He said he"s just been doing the same naughty sinful thing you"ve been doing too..
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Coldfire24 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:39 pm

Update.....I watched this show on OnDemand last night........

Holy shit. This is as good as the old x-men cartoon. Next friday it's premiering on T.V with two parts of the three parter opening storyline I guess....

The first episode is just Wolvie wondering around and dealing with the the situation he's in and of course he gets into trouble. This show works. I season passed it on Tivo immediately......The best part is I looked at an episode list on wikipedia and episode 7 is titled "Wolverine vs Hulk" also in the first season I think 3 mutliparted storylines. I'm pretty stoked about this show.
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby BuckyO'harre on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:20 pm

The show is pretty good. I especially love all the Marvel and X-verse cameos they included in the first season.
Story lines are pretty top notch and the animation is.... fair.
There are some flaws though. The voice acting is probably it's biggest fault. Not so much Wolverine for me as much as Magneto and Xavier.
Now and then the writing calls for a quick fix or stretch of believability.Like Wolverine finding the exact mountain range from a memory on the first results page of a google search. :? But hey, it's still mainly for kids after all. Atleast it doesn't approach 'Heroes" level or anything. :-P

One more minor and personal peeve... Colossus misses the team cut yet again. Maybe that'll change in the second season.

Overall a solid work, and I'm looking forward to more.
Last edited by BuckyO'harre on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Coldfire24 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:40 pm

He missed the team cut? He was in the first episode though? Ugh now i'm sad I won't see him in the other episodes.
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Hulk vs Wolverine rematch

Postby TheButcher on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:35 am

The "Wolverine vs. Hulk" episode of Wolverine and the X-Men debuts on Nicktoons on Friday.

The Continuum caught up with the series' head writer, Greg Johnson, to talk about the show.

The Continuum: Is this a sequel to the Hulk vs. movie?

Johnson: Mainly in spirit. This episode in Wolverine and the X-Men is about a rematch between Wolverine and the Hulk. We indicate that they've tangled once before, and even the Hulk remembers it. In the Hulk vs. movie, that throw-down is representative of the first time they met. But there are some details that don't quite match up exactly between the two, so calling it a sequel might not be totally accurate.

As Hulk remembers Wolverine, we do show a quick glimpse of Wolverine wearing the uniform he wore in Hulk #181, which is pretty cool. Regardless of how much connective tissue there is between them, this episode is a lot of fun as a stand-alone story, and credit goes to writer Chris Yost for that.

The Continuum: You have a long history with the Hulk.... what do you like about the character?

Johnson: Much of my experiences writing for Hulk has been under the control of a network's specific vision for the show, and their BS&P parameters. The first season of the series for UPN had the benefit of having Tom Tataranowicz and Rick Ungar overseeing production. We got to push the boundaries in those first 13 episodes, telling some darker stories, and exploring what kind of aftermath a more savage Hulk would leave behind. In the second season, however, UPN brought in a new team to produce it, and it became a different kind of series with a more light-hearted mandate. Let's just say it wasn't my favorite version of the Hulk. The odd thing is, the second season had higher ratings.

So to answer your question, I like the darker, more violent aspects of the character and what his rampages do to the people around him. When he's softened up too much, and given too much sympathy, he's less interesting in my opinion. I personally think Hulk is at his best as a real force of destruction like he was in Ultimate Avengers.

The Continuum: Will there be other Marvel Universe characters that aren't normally associated with the X-Men showing up in the series?

Johnson: Not in the first season. That's mainly because the X-Men really need to occupy a world without other super-powered beings to make mutant persecution believable. There are characters that would not violate this human/mutant rule, but we just didn't find the opportunities to use them in meaningful ways within our particular season continuity.

The Continuum: Can you say anything about how the next 26 are coming along?

Johnson: It's going well. We're still in the early stages, but Marvel's Joshua Fine and I spent a LOT of time orchestrating the season arc. It's going to be one very exciting journey.

source: comics continuum
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Hulk vs Wolverine rematch

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:51 am

TheButcher wrote:
The "Wolverine vs. Hulk" episode of Wolverine and the X-Men debuts on Nicktoons on Friday.

The Continuum caught up with the series' head writer, Greg Johnson, to talk about the show.

The Continuum: Is this a sequel to the Hulk vs. movie?

Johnson: Mainly in spirit. This episode in Wolverine and the X-Men is about a rematch between Wolverine and the Hulk. We indicate that they've tangled once before, and even the Hulk remembers it. In the Hulk vs. movie, that throw-down is representative of the first time they met. But there are some details that don't quite match up exactly between the two, so calling it a sequel might not be totally accurate.

As Hulk remembers Wolverine, we do show a quick glimpse of Wolverine wearing the uniform he wore in Hulk #181, which is pretty cool. Regardless of how much connective tissue there is between them, this episode is a lot of fun as a stand-alone story, and credit goes to writer Chris Yost for that.

The Continuum: You have a long history with the Hulk.... what do you like about the character?

Johnson: Much of my experiences writing for Hulk has been under the control of a network's specific vision for the show, and their BS&P parameters. The first season of the series for UPN had the benefit of having Tom Tataranowicz and Rick Ungar overseeing production. We got to push the boundaries in those first 13 episodes, telling some darker stories, and exploring what kind of aftermath a more savage Hulk would leave behind. In the second season, however, UPN brought in a new team to produce it, and it became a different kind of series with a more light-hearted mandate. Let's just say it wasn't my favorite version of the Hulk. The odd thing is, the second season had higher ratings.

So to answer your question, I like the darker, more violent aspects of the character and what his rampages do to the people around him. When he's softened up too much, and given too much sympathy, he's less interesting in my opinion. I personally think Hulk is at his best as a real force of destruction like he was in Ultimate Avengers.

The Continuum: Will there be other Marvel Universe characters that aren't normally associated with the X-Men showing up in the series?

Johnson: Not in the first season. That's mainly because the X-Men really need to occupy a world without other super-powered beings to make mutant persecution believable. There are characters that would not violate this human/mutant rule, but we just didn't find the opportunities to use them in meaningful ways within our particular season continuity.

The Continuum: Can you say anything about how the next 26 are coming along?

Johnson: It's going well. We're still in the early stages, but Marvel's Joshua Fine and I spent a LOT of time orchestrating the season arc. It's going to be one very exciting journey.

source: comics continuum

This Episode was AWESOME with a capital A! I love that they combined Ultimate Nick Fury and 616 Fury...and made him a TOTAL.. DICK!!

Nice possible set up for SHEILDS possible involvement later on in the series....
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby BuckyO'harre on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:36 am

What to expect in season 2.

As of now, season 2 is in production. 26 new episodes will be aired and it will focus on the Age of Apocalypse storyline of the comics. At the end of Season 1, we see Apocalypse entering a platform with Sinister and Cyclops (AOA version) beside him. During Comic Con 2009, Images of Season 2 were shown, consisting of Colossus, Magik,Deadpool and Havok. It was announced that these characters will appear in Season 2. Colossus will get a reintroductory storyline and will be a regular character in season 2.

*does happy dance*
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:47 am

Age of Apocalypse? Hell Yeah!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Bloo on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 am

damn I need to watch this
Bloo