Hellboy II on Blu-Ray

Betamax and beyond

Hellboy II on Blu-Ray

Postby Jeri on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:02 pm

I have been putting off buying a Blue Ray player since rumor are going around the prices will be going down after Christmas. But when I saw Hellboy II was going to be on Blue Ray disc, I bought them both at the same time yesterday. Best early Xmas present ever!!! The whole look of the actor and the FX was worth the price to see it so clear on my TV last night. Watching Prince Nuada (Luke Goss) fighting scene, and behind the scenes application of his makeup was worth it, but seeing the troll market and all GDT monster wondering around was a double bonus. You could see every detail on the creatures clearly. I loved HB II and thought the whole cast did a amazing job. Luke has spotlighted himself in this movie as a action star and I hope he is finally used more in Hollywood now. His next movie will be another comic book flick Magdalena 2010... Bravo Luke, for winning Star of Tomorrow Award, from the Motion Picture Club for his role in HB II...
Jeri
GLIB

Re: Hellboy II on Blue Ray

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Jeri wrote:I have been putting off buying a Blue Ray player since rumor are going around the prices will be going down after Christmas. But when I saw Hellboy II was going to be on Blue Ray disc, I bought them both at the same time yesterday. Best early Xmas present ever!!! The whole look of the actor and the FX was worth the price to see it so clear on my TV last night. Watching Prince Nuada (Luke Goss) fighting scene, and behind the scenes application of his makeup was worth it, but seeing the troll market and all GDT monster wondering around was a double bonus. You could see every detail on the creatures clearly. I loved HB II and thought the whole cast did a amazing job. Luke has spotlighted himself in this movie as a action star and I hope he is finally used more in Hollywood now. His next movie will be another comic book flick Magdalena 2010... Bravo Luke, for winning Star of Tomorrow Award, from the Motion Picture Club for his role in HB II...

heheh, there are fan clubs for everyone now, huh?

Eh, I'll leave this open I guess. What types of special features do we get on the BR disc, other than dreamy Luke putting on his makeup?
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Jeri on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:30 pm

Jealous; lol I am a makeup artist so that was all that interested me the most; the makeup application and how the airbrush makeup looked on Blue Ray. But I was begging GDT when I saw him at the premier of HB II; to please put in the DVD the makeup process the actor endured and how the look was achieved. I had no clue they would pick Luke, my favorite actor; :wink: !!! You also get a longer version of Prince Nuada's training that you saw at the beginning of the movie . Director cut, GDT famous notebook pic and how FX department made those pictures into creatures. I love the FX , so that interested me also, but I am just that kind of chick :D . I have been a fan of Luke's since Blade II; I have paid my dues to praise him to the highest acting gods,I even braved this site which speaks volumes...

Hot Luke Goss get it right babe!!!
Jeri
GLIB

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:03 pm

Craig Logan was the best one.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Jeri on Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Craig Logan was the best one.

Because he was smart enough to get out before the manager stole all their money??? Or because he was the best base player you ever heard in your life???I actually don't know the Bros music I became fans of the actor after Blade II. But I actually like Luke voice better, he had his own band after Bros, Rock n Roll.

I thought this was a Blue Ray topic, you always blame me for getting off topic; HELLO :) ... I just played the Hulk on Blue Ray, it is so crisp and clearly amazing picture. It is like getting new eyeglass and putting them on for the first time. But I would defiantly wait till after Xmas they will be around 150. range I saw one guy guessing on another blog. I'm just a woman, I can't wait for anything though!!!! :D
Jeri
GLIB

Postby Raziel on Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:51 pm

A mate got me this as a birthday present last month, because I won't shut up about wanting a Blu Ray player. Now I'll have to get one! :D
Raziel
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Jeri on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Raziel wrote:A mate got me this as a birthday present last month, because I won't shut up about wanting a Blu Ray player. Now I'll have to get one! :D

That's a good way to sell Blue Rays send every one a disk than they have to buy a player..
Jeri
GLIB

Re: Hellboy II on Blu-Ray

Postby Nick on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:17 pm

it is Blu-ray so I changed the topic

Pet peeve
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Re: Hellboy II on Blu-Ray

Postby spock of the walk on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:21 am

i actually enjoyed this more in blu on the 50 than in the theatre.
"He told me he understood, but I could see it in his eyes that he didn't. He was lying to me."
spock of the walk
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Return to DVD / Blu-ray