Dvd stores in New York

Betamax and beyond

Dvd stores in New York

Postby Doyle on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:04 am

Hello everybody, first poster here.

I hope the New Yorkers on the board can help me out here...Next week I'll be flying to NYC and I'm looking for some decent dvd/movie stores, possibly in the area of Manhattan. Used dvd stores would be fine, too.

I'll be looking to get some Criterion editions and other cool stuff that usually arrives here in Europe at wallet-raping prices. Also, I'm looking for some film books (mostly the Kubrick archives, Hammer history and Stan Winston ones), so if you know any store that carries that kind of stuff...

Thanks a lot!
Doyle
GLIB

Re: Dvd stores in New York

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:45 pm

I can only recommend one, but it's in Williamsburg, which is the first stop off the F-Train. Anyway I can't even remember the name of it, but I spazzed when I went in and spent a couple of hours there.

Also, try Google maps.

I found this: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/sd- ... -york.html

But you have to prepare for the fact that NYC is slowly becoming a big generic shopping mall. Cool mom and pop eccentric places are getting shoved out. There are still a shitload of cool restaurants and stores to shop, but they get harder to find year after year.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Re: Dvd stores in New York

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:27 pm

Your best bet might just be the Virgin Megastore in Times Square. I can't speak for the prices but they will most likely have what you're looking for in one place.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to DVD / Blu-ray