SUPERNATURAL -- The Brothers Winchester

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: SUPERNATURAL -- The Brothers Winchester

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:54 pm

When it comes to spoilers any discussion of them needs to be in tags. As for what counts as a spoiler then I think pretty much any info on unaired episodes about the plot of the show, so for example, if a particular actor is cast then it's ok to talk about it sans tags but if there's info on who the actor is playing, that part needs to be marked with a spoiler warning.

I like Bobby but I think he's been doomed from day one in the show. He'll do make some awesome brave sacrifice and go out like a hero to be with his wife. It's the best way for the character to wrap up.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Shermdawg on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:00 pm

My apologies, since it happened earlier in the season, I didn't think anything of it.
Shermdawg
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:03 pm

Sorry Sherm, I just covered that because it pertained to the person everyone was talking about. I'll get rid of the tags on that.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby A for Aristocrat on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Did I miss something on last weeks Dollhouse talkback? I know several of us were threatened by Lisa Bent but I didn't see anything from Herc about a ban.
A for Aristocrat
GLIB

Postby Shermdawg on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Herc didn't publicly say anything, and he shouldn't have to. Like I've told others, if you were banned, email him and see if you can work it out, but any offtopic posting to the extent we were won't be tolerated anymore, and as much as I love the show and discussing it with the talkbackers, it's not worth getting banned over. Should Herc have thrown us a bone and gave the show a talkback? I still say yes. But after talking to him, it's clear that will never happen. So I'm not gonna waste my time asking for one, other than the locked one he said he'd toss up for the finale directing people to this thread. Were we in the wrong in what we were doing? Looking back on it, absolutely. But, I'm assuming it doesn't have as much to do with Lisa and her alts complaints, as it does with the people we kinda spoiled things for in a talkback where they didn't expect or want to stumble upon them. But now, that will no longer be a problem....I'm hoping.

I'm also hoping people that do move over don't make their introduction by questioning why we're here, and jump right into Supernatural talk. I'll be linking my initial post in any talkback posts directing peeps here, there's been more than enough info already explaining the situation, so from this point on, I won't be acknowledging any further discussion on the matter.......that is, unless, in the next episode featuring a certain character named Chuck, this little debacle is somehow parodied. :wink: But the chances of that happening are slim and none, so...for me, it ends here.

New episode tomorrow night, I expect this place to be hopping afterwards.
Shermdawg
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Trik_Ster on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:39 pm

Welp, I'll hang out as long as there is no fan fic and shipping

btw this is Melvin_Pelvis using my original handle
Couldn't register with Melvin, I think Pelvis is disallowed
Trik_Ster
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby bulla on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:01 am

Hey, What is up with the different color of eyes for the demons? Is for age, origin, hierarchy, esthetic?
bulla
GLIB

Postby A for Aristocrat on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:59 am

Bulla, I think it is power levels. Black are the rank and files, Red are the deal makers that can pretty much offer anything, and White are very powerful and can TK people around and flash fry them. Yellow eyes might have been the most powerful since he is the only one that had that color.
A for Aristocrat
GLIB

Postby maelstrom218 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:26 pm

I'm eager for tonight's episode. Seems like Castiel will be the major focal point of the episode, and considering how amazing the character is, it should be pretty awesome.

Personally though, I thought that last week's episode was rather weak and uninteresting. Aside from the episode being another vehicle to display the growing tension between Sam and Dean, the whole "3rd Brother" development was kind of pointless. They could have used a random family with a teen orphaned by monsters (and therefore exposed to the whole supernatural universe), and it would have been equally effective. Instead, they spent time developing a dead-end plot point, and kind of ruined the character of John Winchester. For a righteous guy that endured torture for 100 years, he sure was quick to start a secret family.
maelstrom218
GLIB

Postby travis-dane on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Shermdawg wrote:Herc didn't publicly say anything, and he shouldn't have to. Like I've told others, if you were banned, email him and see if you can work it out, but any offtopic posting to the extent we were won't be tolerated anymore, and as much as I love the show and discussing it with the talkbackers, it's not worth getting banned over. Should Herc have thrown us a bone and gave the show a talkback? I still say yes. But after talking to him, it's clear that will never happen. So I'm not gonna waste my time asking for one, other than the locked one he said he'd toss up for the finale directing people to this thread. Were we in the wrong in what we were doing? Looking back on it, absolutely. But, I'm assuming it doesn't have as much to do with Lisa and her alts complaints, as it does with the people we kinda spoiled things for in a talkback where they didn't expect or want to stumble upon them. But now, that will no longer be a problem....I'm hoping.

I'm also hoping people that do move over don't make their introduction by questioning why we're here, and jump right into Supernatural talk. I'll be linking my initial post in any talkback posts directing peeps here, there's been more than enough info already explaining the situation, so from this point on, I won't be acknowledging any further discussion on the matter.......that is, unless, in the next episode featuring a certain character named Chuck, this little debacle is somehow parodied. :wink: But the chances of that happening are slim and none, so...for me, it ends here.

New episode tomorrow night, I expect this place to be hopping afterwards.

Is Herc contra Supernatural and if so why?
Sorry to bring this up again, but I dont follow the TB's anymore, but Supernatural is loved by many people and I dont get why Herc would fuck you guys and dont give you room to discuss the show.
So can anybody clear this up?
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:14 pm

I pop in the TBs every once in a while, but as far as I can tell, Herc only promotes (i.e. creates a talkback for) shows he likes and watches. Any show with a tenuous Whedon connection will automatically get play and every thing else is up to the gods. So if Herc doesn't watch Supernatural (and he doesn't) he isn't going to create a TB for it. The Coaxial section of the AICN main page isn't a general discussion forum, so I don't know why people try to treat it as such. Yeah, it sucks that a show you love gets no play on a site you love, but rather go crazy about it I'd go somewhere else to get my fix. I think coming over here to the Zone is a fine solution, but for some reason people prefer the TBs. I prefer my conversations to have a modicum of reason and intelligence, which is often in short supply in the TBs.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Trik_Ster on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:22 pm

Season 4, Episode 20: The Rapture

pretty much stinks so far
Trik_Ster
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Shermdawg on Fri May 01, 2009 12:11 am

You are correct Mel. It just wasn't on the level of recent episodes.

Castiel's backstory was weak, and nowhere near as clever as most of the setups you get with the monster of the week installments. Also, Misha showed why he's perfectly cast to play a stiff.The Heroes nod wasn't needed either.

Sam's "coke" trip was dreadful.There really should've been a whole episode for his demon blood cravings, instead of that plot point getting rushed at the end of the season. We should've got an episode where Ruby tells Sam that she may not always be around, and he takes it upon himself to fill his hunger. Something to really drive in the fact he's slipping to the darkside, because his initial reveal he was going vampire was nothing more than kinky. Good ending tonight though, but like I said, the buildup to that just hasn't been consistent.

Hopefully they can get their groove back for the last two eps.
Shermdawg
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby laivine on Fri May 01, 2009 1:00 am

I thought it was excellent. It has a sort of spaciousness and etherealness I thought was perfect for an episode focusing on an angel and the man who carried him around for a year. I also like that in the end Castiel has been reprogrammed a bit, and I loved his final line to Dean. While the final two episodes are always ass-kickers (and the promo certainly is setting them up that way), Supernatural has done these more delicate episodes before. I thought Misha was just great and I love the flexibility of this show to be more than one thing.
laivine
GLIB

Postby maelstrom218 on Fri May 01, 2009 2:50 am

I actually thought that the episode was fantastic. I mean, I did feel that the episode dragged a bit, but overall, it was still entertaining. It was poignant seeing how when even in the service of angels, Jimmy was just another soldier, and basically, another casualty--sure, he could talk all he wanted about fulfilling God's plan and purpose, but at the end of the day, he had to sacrifice himself for his family and give up his future.

Reprogrammed Castiel scares me. Heaven hasn't exactly been kind to humanity, and if Castiel's lost whatever empathy/compassion he had for Dean, then the future won't look very bright. At least not for Dean and Sam, anyways.
maelstrom218
GLIB

Postby Big Jim on Fri May 01, 2009 2:17 pm

Hey, there really is a Supernatural discussion going on in The Zone. What's the policy on spoilers? I've seen a few posts that look like excerpts from the Watergate tapes; some contain casting information which might result in who is or isn't long for the show, while others seem to mention events from last night's episode. I've always been of the mind that if the episode has aired it is no longer a spoiler and ok to freely mention. Is that ok or do I need to learn how to black-out my text?
Big Jim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby so sorry on Fri May 01, 2009 2:45 pm

Big Jim wrote:Hey, there really is a Supernatural discussion going on in The Zone. What's the policy on spoilers? I've seen a few posts that look like excerpts from the Watergate tapes; some contain casting information which might result in who is or isn't long for the show, while others seem to mention events from last night's episode. I've always been of the mind that if the episode has aired it is no longer a spoiler and ok to freely mention. Is that ok or do I need to learn how to black-out my text?

When you make a post, there is a "SPOILER" button (its right above what you're typing. Just highlight your spoiler copy, and click on that button.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby A for Aristocrat on Fri May 01, 2009 3:33 pm

Im not going to go into any great spoiler detail but last night was the first episode where I knew every single twist before it happened. It was a good episode but it didnt have the WOW factor.
A for Aristocrat
GLIB

Postby Mr_X on Fri May 01, 2009 11:03 pm

i have been served with bannation... for my love of supernatural. I wear this bannation with pride.
Mr_X
GLIB

Postby wixmmm on Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 pm

looking foward to getting in on the conversation. I'm going to watch it after the milwaukee brewer game ends tonight. I have been banned twice. The first time, I deserved it. I'll admit that. But I couldn't resist speaking up in the office talkback. I made it clear that I have made peace with the fact that we won't get a talkback for supernatural. But I had to ask--he listed three other shows that were on last night--one of them was SURVIVOR! He'll remind people about survivor but refuses to take two seconds to list supernatural??? I thought I was pretty level headed with that post, but not only did i get banned--he deleted my posts!

I've come to the conclusion that there must have been some sort of convention or something and one of the showrunners or actors was a dick to herc. I don't understand why herc won't even acknowledge the issue! no talkback? fine. its his part of the site. But to go out of his way to list survivor and ignore supernatural just seems petty.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby V'Shael on Sat May 02, 2009 10:03 am

Look, can I just chip in a tiny tiny bit on the whole Herc/Supernatural thing?

I think it should be dropped from discussion, even here in the Zone. I know I got majorly annoyed at the way Herc was using the Ban Hammer even on people who didn't deserve it, but ranting about Herc and his decisions here in the Zone isn't acceptable either. (I was politely warned by one of the mods, so I dropped it and calmed down.) Hey, at least the mod here in the Zone gave me a warning first, right?

So, just as a friendly reminder to any SN fans who are just arriving in the Zone : The Zone isn't as acerbic as the Talkbacks. Politeness is seems to be the rule of thumb. And it might take a brief period of decompression coming from the "say what like as vulgurly as you like" talkbacks.

======

As for the episode on Thursday, I didn't dislike it, but it wasn't great. Quite predictable. As soon as the demon left the woman, it was obviously gone into the wife. She was the only one offscreen when they got to the car. And the panic room ending was also predictable as heck. Still, I take it as a set up for a kick ass final 2 episodes.
V'Shael
GLIB

Postby Seppuku on Sat May 02, 2009 11:20 am

V'Shael wrote: ranting about Herc and his decisions here in the Zone isn't acceptable either. (I was politely warned by one of the mods, so I dropped it and calmed down.) Hey, at least the mod here in the Zone gave me a warning first, right?

Hey, I am a mod and I will happily say that Herc is an unspeakable bastard. Spamming the main page with his utter bullshit (has anyone ever checked up on his "This offer only lasts for 1 day" comments? I have. And it's always turned out to be total malarkey!). Then banning people and deleting their posts for daring to bring up his tactics. There are two types of bans, the type where your posts remain and the type where they don't. Guess which one he invariably opts for?

If anything, I reckon you guys are taking your banishment remarkably well. Once again, all you did is dare to criticise him, and he banned you at a drop of a hat. You will never get banned for anything like that here. 99% of people we ban are spammers and unabashed trolls. The other 1% are people who personally insult other Zoners time and time again. Other than that, it's all jazz to me what you do here (in a good way- I like jazz).
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby V'Shael on Sat May 02, 2009 11:40 am

Hey, sorry Dude. I didn't know you were a Mod. I was referring to the post made by Lord Voldemoo.

Anyway, I wasn't banned on the talkbacks (dodged a bullet possibly). And I'm prepared to play nice in the Zone.
V'Shael
GLIB

Postby Peven on Sat May 02, 2009 11:45 am

reading this kind of shit only makes me feel better about not giving the main site any hits since last year

and if memory serves doesn't H@rry whore for Amazon as well with his dvd column, it isn't as if Herc is alone in that practice

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby wixmmm on Sat May 02, 2009 1:06 pm

as for getting mad at herc--i admitted, the first time, i was asking to be banned. So i got over it... he's such a douche, because he clearly is reading our comments about supernatural, and for some reason i just can't figure out, he doesn't even take a second to chime in and tell us why or even just say 'guys, you're not getting it. stop asking.' ANYTHING would have been ok.

But he hit an all time low by listing that Survivor is on at 8, which is also the time supernatural is on. Would it have killed him to take literally 1-2 seconds to type: supernatural 8pm. Listing survivor and leaving out supernatural seems childish petty small and spiteful.

This episode was ok, but still good, its just that supernatural sets the bar for itself so high. I think Cass, the angel, is one of the best characters in the show. Cass as an angel grew on me and became my favorite supporting character, even though bobby is awesome. Human Cass just isn't as intriguing. I'm just grateful they turned him back into an angel. if they didn't, I would have had a big problem with the episode.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby wixmmm on Sat May 02, 2009 2:19 pm

zone could be better... (not really able to modify this, but) there's not as much conversation, especially after a full day or two (talkbacks stay alive longer)

Also, I wish there was a board for each show, instead of just one topic for each show. First--you wouldn't need to scroll past a thousand posts to find where the new episode discussion happens. Second-- if each show had a board, you could create different topics related to different things about the show to discuss. After a day or two, the conversation about the new episode pretty much dies, but if there were other threads about different topics regarding supernatural, those would last longer. The episode discussion would end, but in the middle of the week someone could post something not directly relating to the newest episode, but it would go unmissed. If there was a board for each show, we could pop into the zone during the week, go to the supernatural board, and immediately notice a new topic for discussion.

I learned HTML in fifth grade, Freshman year of highschool I had taught myself Perl. I also learned how to create high quality cgi messange boards, and more basic message boards with Perl. Perl boards fit nicely into the design of my website, but the cgi ones had their own look, but with more features. The reason I'm saying this is because, it is not hard AT ALL to create sub-message boards. Someone said this once, and I would ask the same question. They said something along the lines of: 'does aintitcool have a shortage of webpages?' A popular site like this, with all the traffic it gets, plus, i'm sure it makes a pretty fair amount of money. Creating sub-message boards would take about an hour, if that, if the programmer was moderately capable.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby travis-dane on Sat May 02, 2009 3:00 pm

wixmmm wrote:zone could be better... (not really able to modify this, but) there's not as much conversation, especially after a full day or two (talkbacks stay alive longer)

Also, I wish there was a board for each show, instead of just one topic for each show. First--you wouldn't need to scroll past a thousand posts to find where the new episode discussion happens. Second-- if each show had a board, you could create different topics related to different things about the show to discuss. After a day or two, the conversation about the new episode pretty much dies, but if there were other threads about different topics regarding supernatural, those would last longer. The episode discussion would end, but in the middle of the week someone could post something not directly relating to the newest episode, but it would go unmissed. If there was a board for each show, we could pop into the zone during the week, go to the supernatural board, and immediately notice a new topic for discussion.

I learned HTML in fifth grade, Freshman year of highschool I had taught myself Perl. I also learned how to create high quality cgi messange boards, and more basic message boards with Perl. Perl boards fit nicely into the design of my website, but the cgi ones had their own look, but with more features. The reason I'm saying this is because, it is not hard AT ALL to create sub-message boards. Someone said this once, and I would ask the same question. They said something along the lines of: 'does aintitcool have a shortage of webpages?' A popular site like this, with all the traffic it gets, plus, i'm sure it makes a pretty fair amount of money. Creating sub-message boards would take about an hour, if that, if the programmer was moderately capable.

AICN makes money Topside, not in here.
And I think H@rry forgot about The Zone.
Weekends are always slow in The Zone.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Ribbons on Sat May 02, 2009 3:15 pm

We actually have tried it a couple different ways; we did some individual episode threads for Lost and BSG last year, and people have started topics devoted to specific aspects of a show rather than the show itself in the past, and this method of one topic per show/season seems to work the best. It ain't perfect, but it's, uh... I don't know where I was going with that. But anyway, while you're waiting for discussion to resume in here, you could always check out some of the other fabulous threads the Zone has to offer.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby wixmmm on Sat May 02, 2009 3:16 pm

well even if the money isn't made here, the site still makes money, and it would not cost much to add sub-boards... actually, it could very well not cost anything. There's a good chance that they could do sub-boards in less than 15 minutes... actually, theres a REALLY good chance they could create sub-boards, as there already are sub boards (obviously) because, the coax board being one of them. As a matter of fact, the thing that would take the longest would be making a list of all the sub boards for tv shows they already have threads for. The other sections of the zone, such as movies, don't need sub boards at all, and the benefits wouldn't be nearly as great as they would be for coax.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby wixmmm on Sat May 02, 2009 3:25 pm

thanks for the information, ribbons. I've been on the zone for less than a day and i've already received more responses from a 'person in power' per se, than I have EVER received in a coax talkback. (read: Herc doesn't give a shit and refuses to even attempt to explain why he does things the way he does... his silence to talkbackers who ask him simple, easily explained questions is soooo frustrating.

To clarify--I'm not suggesting that individual threads for each episode of a show should be created in the coax message board, and i certainly understand why it wouldn't be done that way (it would clutter the coax boards terribly). I could very well be wrong about how easy or difficult it would be to implement my suggestion, but what I would really like to see is a message board for each show. (i'm sure this doesn't need to be explained to you, but i'll say it anyways) In the way that there is:

Board index -> main forum -> coaxial

I would really like to see:

Board index -> main forum -> coaxial -> television show

In my experience with web design, including creating PERL and CGI message boards, to creat sub boards like i'm suggesting, wasn't too difficult at all, and actually (with the CGI ones) once a board is created and is operating, creating a sub board could be done by someone who has zero knowledge of programming or webdesign.

Again, thanks for the reply, i apprecaite it
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby RogueScribner on Sat May 02, 2009 4:01 pm

wixmmm wrote:zone could be better... (not really able to modify this, but) there's not as much conversation, especially after a full day or two (talkbacks stay alive longer)

Also, I wish there was a board for each show, instead of just one topic for each show. First--you wouldn't need to scroll past a thousand posts to find where the new episode discussion happens.

There's a little orange square next to the topic titles that if you click it will take you to the first new post in a topic since the last time you read the thread. Also, there aren't a million people here posting a million different things every day. Individual threads for each episode would just clutter the board with a bunch of threads with 15 or fewer posts.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby wixmmm on Sat May 02, 2009 4:25 pm

I said that same thing-- individual threads for each episode would, without a doubt, clutter the coax board, turning it into chaos. Go back and read what I'm suggesting, but I'll say it more clearly here. I would really like to see the zone work like this:

Board Index -> Main Forum -> Coaxial -> tv show board -> tv show topic (for new episodes and/or other topics not relating to a single episode -> individual posts and replies pertaining to topic

The reasons I would like it this way are because: a) it would actually reduce clutter b) it would streamline the zone and c) (an example) I posted a new topic in coax relating to the lana guest starring story arc. I wanted to bitch and complain with other people regarding how furious i was with lana coming back, as the first half of smallville's new season was spectacular (too bad so many bailed and gave up on it) up until Lana came back and absolutely destroyed the momentum the show had going for it, especially because it killed the ACTUAL relationship that was starting up, which we actually are interested in--the lois/clark angle. We all know Superman and lois are THE relationship that matters, while we know that the Lana relationship was doomed from the start, yet we had to sit through 8 fucking seasons watching a relationship that we all knew was going nowhere. (even now I get worked up about this issue, although thankfully, smallville has turned back around, even though Chloe has become quite stupid, although she has a semi-legit reason for watching over Davis (to protect davis from becoming doomsday and killing clark)

ANYWAYS (sorry for the tangent) my post was moved to the smallville thread at something like post 1200. Only three people wrote something after me over the course of a week and two of them weren't even responses to my post.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby wixmmm on Sat May 02, 2009 4:27 pm

and, rogue, thanks for the tip about jumping to the first post i haven't read.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby A for Aristocrat on Sat May 02, 2009 4:35 pm

I cant really complain about the banning. I bashed Whedon as much as anyone and I never got banned or even threatened with it. Worse thing was some idiot said she was going to report me. I did notice some Supernatural threads got deleted so maybe Herc went ban crazy this week. So I will pretty much drop this. The Zone isnt bad. The talkbacks are just a little flashier and draw more people in. In fact what motivated me to post is that I found there were actual fans of Supernatural on this site. Supernatural is truely an exceptional show. Im amazed it has actually been able to stay on this long without attention from the entertainment media. Its a good and bad thing that this show ends next year. We get a complete story but we dont get any further adventures of the Winchesters. And I will always miss those 6 episodes we lost last year.
A for Aristocrat
GLIB

Postby wixmmm on Sat May 02, 2009 6:55 pm

i'll reiterate this once again, because it pisses me off so much:

I was going to follow shermdawg, who led us here by example, and because he showed class, it would only make me (or any others bitching about supernatural) look like losers who just want to fight for the sake of fighting. I totally accepted not getting a talkback, and said as much (on the office thread), but i could not resist posting on that talkback just because Herc showed his true colors as a douche, a tool, uninformed, pretensious, spiteful, petty, unprofessional, biased and holier than thou (i'm not just throwing these words out because they are all insults, i'm throwing them out because I genuinely believe he fits the bill of all of those words) In the office talkback, he lists 30 rock, office, parks and recreation, and what does he list that's on at 8pm??? Mother Fucking Survivor. He knows when supernatural is on, yet he plugs a old and past its prime REALITY SHOW. Why, WHY would he plug survivor but not supernatural??? Its literally one MAYBE two, seconds of his time. A week or two ago, someone defended herc by saying not every show that people like can get a talkback... and that talkbacker actually cited, as an example, that Survivor has tons of fans, but doesn't deserve a plug. Then herc comes out and plugs it. I mean, you have got to be kidding me. He banned me and deleted my posts, which were not aggressive at all. He gives all supernatrural fans the silent treatment, when he could have so easily squashed the issue weeks and weeks ago.

He only cares about the show he likes and watches, and acts like nothing else exists. And is not in touch with what's on tv... basically, he's terrible at his job. He lets sexist, racist and homophobic insults go, but heaven forbid someone brings up supernatural!

I remember when he didn't even acknowledge that The Office existed... until three seasons in, he gives it a chance. Now there's a weekly talkback for it. They guy is unbelievably self centered, and also shows how much a douche he is by using the 'penultimate/antepenultimate' words to death. What a tool. Many I just like venting.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby RogueScribner on Sat May 02, 2009 9:55 pm

Herc probably started watching/liking The Office when Joss Whedon directed an episode . . .

Yeah, I was right. The earliest mention of The Office that I can find (other than as a relative reference in another article) is when Joss Whedon was slated to direct an episode. So there ya go.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Peven on Sat May 02, 2009 10:33 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Herc probably started watching/liking The Office when Joss Whedon directed an episode . . .

Yeah, I was right. The earliest mention of The Office that I can find (other than as a relative reference in another article) is when Joss Whedon was slated to direct an episode. So there ya go.

fucking browncoats.....

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby wixmmm on Sat May 02, 2009 11:13 pm

WOW Thats unbelievable (yet, since its herc, is believable) Herc ignores office until whedon does an episode. Further evidence that Herc is a complete douche and an even bigger tool (along with all the other words for him I listed above).

Guy has the easiest and most fun job you could ask for, yet he is soooo biased AND doesn't even do his fucking job--which is simply to watch everything (and in this day and age with internet downloading/networks webpages, dvds and dvr, that really isn't that difficult of a task at all). He's pretensious and uninformed and completley out of touch with what the great things on TV are, currently. Also, on what seems to be every single TV talkback, people have had it with the fact that he uses 'penultimate' every chance he gets.

Another douche move he's made several times, is to create a talkback whenever he gets the chance to l et us know that T:SCC is going to be cancelled, yet doesn't create a talkback for it when it clearly had tons of fans, as evidenced in the dollhouse talkback. His most recent source for T:SCC's possibly impending doom was from a questionable source, at best. Then, when he hears from a fairly higfh-up source that Dollhouse might be cancelled, he reminds us at least three times that 'nothing is certain yet' when he's been creating talkbacks about how T:SCC for months, now, might be cancelled. If he was smart, he would have promoted T:SCC more and given it talkbacks, to get people watching FOX on fridays, which very well could have led more viewers to watch Dollhouse.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Shermdawg on Sat May 02, 2009 11:45 pm

wix, maybe you should go revive that "It's Herc's fault" thread that was linked earlier in the post, because the more the conversation continues on this path, I'm afraid he won't even allow me to post invites in the talkbacks to get the rest of the gang over here.
Shermdawg
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby wixmmm on Sun May 03, 2009 12:39 am

i've said all i have to say about herc. just had to get all that shit out of my system, and now it is. I've moved on in the dollhouse talkback and actually have been posting ON topic there all day... now I've said all i want to say here, so i'm moving on in the zone now... only supernatural related talk from me from now on.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby TonyWilson on Sun May 03, 2009 8:54 am

Really good episode if it was a little predictable (though I near jumped out of my seat when the mother slaps the little girl, did not see that coming). The show handles the Angel/Heaven stuff so well where it could be really cheesy or sentimental. And even though I'm an atheist I like that it's portrayal of faith wasn't snark filled and was taken seriously but naturally too.
TonyWilson

Postby wixmmm on Sun May 03, 2009 11:29 am

I completely agree. It would be quite easy to make the whole Angel/Heaven stuff lame. But the angels are badass, and aren't sentimental like 'touched by an angel' Cass is also torn about whether this god he serves yet has never spoken to is worth following or not.

For me, though, the explaination of Hell was the best plot point of the show-- torchered every day all day, but being offered to stop getting torchered and torcher someone else. The fact that dean went 30 years makes Dean's character even more tough, but the fact that their father lasted a hundred years, and never gave in, took the awesome factor of his character to a new level.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Peven on Sun May 03, 2009 11:46 am

sorry, hate to be nitpicky here, but i can't help it, the word is "torture" :D

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Seppuku on Sun May 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Considering Hell's meant to have more flames than a Script Girl talkback, I think "torcher" might be quite appropriate.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Peven on Sun May 03, 2009 12:09 pm

Seppuku wrote:Considering Hell's meant to have more flames than a Script Girl talkback, I think "torcher" might be quite appropriate.

touche

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Big Jim on Sun May 03, 2009 5:09 pm

wixmmm wrote:In the office talkback, he lists 30 rock, office, parks and recreation, and what does he list that's on at 8pm??? Mother Fucking Survivor. He knows when supernatural is on, yet he plugs a old and past its prime REALITY SHOW. Why, WHY would he plug survivor but not supernatural???

Isn't Supernatural on at 9:00, or is that just where I live?

I have a theory that Herc doesn't do Supernatural talkbacks because it is on opposite The Office, which he does promote.
Big Jim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby wixmmm on Sun May 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Peven -- THANKS. as i was typing that i knew it looked wrong... on talkbacks/blogs i have TERRIBLE spelling... i'm actually even worse at spelling in text messages, where i'm so bad its even a bit embarrassing. I type fast, often don't finish sentances, could care less about spelling and never read my posts before i'm making.

i got no problem with someone pointing out a spelling mistake, but would prefer to have the mistake pointed out AND some kind of response to my post.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby wixmmm on Sun May 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Big Jim wrote:
wixmmm wrote:In the office talkback, he lists 30 rock, office, parks and recreation, and what does he list that's on at 8pm??? Mother Fucking Survivor. He knows when supernatural is on, yet he plugs a old and past its prime REALITY SHOW. Why, WHY would he plug survivor but not supernatural???

Isn't Supernatural on at 9:00, or is that just where I live?

I have a theory that Herc doesn't do Supernatural talkbacks because it is on opposite The Office, which he does promote.

actually, you're right, it is on at 9. But i'm in the central timezone, so its at 8 for me.

My theory is that at some lame convention, herc got snubbed or the shaft by one of supernatural's showrunners or maybe one of the actors. The most likely reason he doesn't make supernatural talkbacks is simply because he's terrible at his job, and doesn't care to educate himself.

ok, i got baited into herc talk... at least it wasn't a long rant.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby wixmmm on Sun May 03, 2009 5:15 pm

somebody want to tell me why scriptgirl talkbacks are filled with flame wars? never read a scriptgirl article, much less a scriptgirl talkback.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby wixmmm on Sun May 03, 2009 5:20 pm

one quick thing--

I don't know if this was supernatural or the move role models, but this year, one of the things on tv or movies that made me laugh hardest was when Dean (or Stiffler in role models) was filling in as a gym teacher and having the class play dodge ball and throws the ball as hard as he can at a kid, point blank. I rolled out of my seat.
wixmmm
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial