Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Postby so sorry on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:44 pm

Links to the trailer on the mothersite here

Looks pretty freakin cool. The music seems way out of place for the tone of this movie, but what the fuck do I know...

check it out in the HD quicktime version for best viewing...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: "9" (it's an animated movie title, I swear)

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:35 pm

Definitely looks interesting, I can see why Tim Burton's name is attached to this project... however the marketing of this film might be best served without mentioning the "director of Wanted"...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby tapehead on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Back in the 'Most Anticipated movies of 2008' I posted the u-tubed original short this feature is base on;
tapehead wrote:Also the feature length version of '9' as a possible 'plan b' if Wall*E ends up being the sentimental trash my cynical side fears it
might be

link still works.

I'm confused at the inclusion of Bekmambetov as well - the film must have been well underway by the time he came on board...
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Ribbons on Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:54 am

I wonder what Vegeta's up to these days, he might appreciate the inclusion of a Coheed & Cambria song ("Welcome Home") in this here trailer. Anyway looks like it could be cool, but it also sort of reminds me of those commercials for Lego Bionicles.

Also with Bekmambetov, it might be one of those "David Fincher and Spike Jonze PRESENT The Fall"-type deals, although it doesn't seem like he would have that much clout himself.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Crimson King on Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:18 pm

I can't stop watching the trailer. It looks pretty fuckin' awesome. I hope this movie delivers...I just wish we didn't have to wait until fuckin' September...
English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?!?
Crimson King
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby jofussunshyne on Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:23 pm

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the OP's link to the trailer running, so I youtube'd it.

Seems very interesting, a great concept. I like all of Tim Burtons films, hopefully this won't disappoint. It does seems a little bit, almost anyway, too original if you understand. It's stands to me like it could come across as a bit too heavy to an intended audiences of youngsters expecting the next "nightmare before christmas."

All in all, though, from the trailer you can't tell much except for a stellar presense. I'll look forward to seeing it.
"What sick ridiculous puppets we are, and what gross little stage we dance on. What fun we have dancing and fucking, not a care in the world, not knowing that we are nothing, we are not what was intended." - John Doe, Se7en.
jofussunshyne
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Fievel on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:50 pm

jofussunshyne wrote:It does seems a little bit, almost anyway, too original if you understand. It's stands to me like it could come across as a bit too heavy to an intended audiences of youngsters expecting the next "nightmare before christmas."

I can dig this thought.
Hopefully they'll market this film appropriately as it looks to be f-ing awesome.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Maui on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Fievel wrote:Hopefully they'll market this film appropriately as it looks to be f-ing awesome.

It will be interesting to see how they market this. It looks as though it could easily be PG13 and certainly doesn't look intended for the younger viewing audience (8 and under). When I saw this trailer before Coraline most of the little kiddies became very quiet (in a horror stricken kinda way).
Maui
WoWie

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:50 pm

THIS and WILD THINGS, fall cant suck now!!!!!!!!!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Ribbons on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:54 pm

9th!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby BuckyO'harre on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:20 am

New clip

It might not work outside the US, so here's the youtube.

Gadzooks, this is gonna screw some kids up in the noggin.

Make it so!
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:13 am

Not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. Excellent work.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby BuckyO'harre on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:56 pm

It's PG-13...

Rated PG-13 For violence and scary images.
Release Date: September 9, 2009

The next Harry Potter didn't even make PG-13.

Something wicked this way comes, I hope.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:27 pm

BuckyO'harre wrote:It's PG-13...

Rated PG-13 For violence and scary images.
Release Date: September 9, 2009

The next Harry Potter didn't even make PG-13.

Something wicked this way comes, I hope.

AWESOME!!!!!!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Ribbons on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:59 pm

That's kind of crazy, considering it's impossible for there to be any blood (I think). I mean, the characters are all ragdolls, right? Infants already know what it's like to tear those things to pieces.

Maybe they just gave it a PG-13 to caution parents against taking their kids to see this movie under false pretenses (epic nightmares FTW!!!)?

I just hope the MPAA rating says something hilarious like "Animated Inanimate Object Violence"
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby BuckyO'harre on Wed May 20, 2009 6:03 pm

New trailer was shown on G4.

This just keeps looking better and better.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Wed May 20, 2009 6:50 pm

BuckyO'harre wrote:New trailer was shown on G4.

This just keeps looking better and better.

Available in HD at Yahoo and Apple.

This looks to be more amazing with every new clip/trailer.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby buster00 on Wed May 27, 2009 9:17 pm

Holy goddamn shit, this looks fucking amazing :shock:
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Sat May 30, 2009 2:07 pm

The new trailer was on DRAG ME TO HELL last night...

FUCKING TIT TACKULAR!!!!

This and Where the Wild Things Are are on top of my cant wait list for this year.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby MSJ on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:24 am

Ribbons wrote:That's kind of crazy, considering it's impossible for there to be any blood (I think). I mean, the characters are all ragdolls, right? Infants already know what it's like to tear those things to pieces.

Maybe they just gave it a PG-13 to caution parents against taking their kids to see this movie under false pretenses (epic nightmares FTW!!!)?

I just hope the MPAA rating says something hilarious like "Animated Inanimate Object Violence"

The Dark Knight got PG-13. That movie became infamous for a while because some parents complained how dark it was. Maybe the MPAA is being cautious because of that. And a few people on the on the the internet have told me how scary '9' is. It is set in a post-apocalyptic world where it seems all humans have died.
MSJ
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby BuckyO'harre on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:08 am

Extended clip

Bucky want NOW!
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby theunforgettablefire on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:47 am

Looks pretty dece to me...and great voice cast!
theunforgettablefire
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:49 pm

BuckyO'harre wrote:Extended clip

Bucky want NOW!

To be honest, I didn't like Little Big Planet all that much and this sequel looks like more of the same.

Still, pretty good quality for a beta.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:24 pm

The movie "9" has nothing to do with LBP.

....oh, I see what you did there.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Fievel wrote:The movie "9" has nothing to do with LBP.

....oh, I see what you did there.

Heh! It wasn't just good ole sack boy that gave it away, did you notice all those low angle camera sweeps? Very reminiscent of fighting any old baddie in a computer game. Zelda especially.

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:25 pm

I didn't really think of the video game-esque shots. But I suppose there could be worse things to be inspired by.
Have you watched the original short film that 9 is based on?
If not, check it out. Cool stuff.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Fievel wrote:I didn't really think of the video game-esque shots. But I suppose there could be worse things to be inspired by.
Have you watched the original short film that 9 is based on?
If not, check it out. Cool stuff.

Thank Fievel, wathcing now.

I kinda was really looking forward to 9 and then it just seemed to have become quite kidish. The original teaser was brillaint, I was thinking post apocalyptia, then they gave him some friends.

Hmmm..I still like but...

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:45 pm

papalazeru wrote:I kinda was really looking forward to 9 and then it just seemed to have become quite kidish. The original teaser was brillaint, I was thinking post apocalyptia, then they gave him some friends.

I can totally see that.
Watching the original, it's amazing to see how much was done with no dialogue.
Now the character list is expanded in the feature film, the characters can speak, etc.
The teaser WAS awesome (the music certainly helped), and I can see having a bit of hesitation after that extended clip BUT.... I don't think there's been any true/serious sense of danger or violence in anything that Disney has put out in the past 20 years, much less anything by Dreamworks.

If you're on Facebook, check out the 9 Scientist's page

Twitter.... check THIS out.

They are playing out the war that wipes out humanity in "real time" through those two pages. Kinda cool.

Then there's THIS website
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:10 pm

Fievel, those links are totally amazing. I've always had a thing for end of the world scenarios and the 9 website was really entertaining.

A fantastic design, certainly not designed for kids at all. I still have hope.

Maybe we were spoiled by the beauty that was Wall E, with the non talky dialogue.
Let's hope that his film hold more adult content than that did (though the mis en scene was quite something to think about).

Silly me, all those animated shots. It's Timur who's Directing, of course it's going to look like a 'puter game.

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:02 pm

papalazeru wrote:Fievel, those links are totally amazing. I've always had a thing for end of the world scenarios and the 9 website was really entertaining

Me too! I think that's why I can so easily lose 3-4 hours in the game Fallout 3. Did you see the trailer for The Book of Eli (in the trailers thread)? It's another end-of-the-world move. With 9 in the fall, The Road in early winter, and The Book of Eli, there's no shortage of movies to make you lose hope in humanity! :lol:

papalazeru wrote:Silly me, all those animated shots. It's Timur who's Directing, of course it's going to look like a 'puter game.

Actually, Shane Acker (creator of the original) directed the new movie*. But Timur and Tim Burton are executive producers. How's THAT for a team up!?!?!?

*don't mean to come across as a corrective twat, btw!! I loathe those people.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:11 pm

Fievel wrote:
papalazeru wrote:Fievel, those links are totally amazing. I've always had a thing for end of the world scenarios and the 9 website was really entertaining

Me too! I think that's why I can so easily lose 3-4 hours in the game Fallout 3. Did you see the trailer for The Book of Eli (in the trailers thread)? It's another end-of-the-world move. With 9 in the fall, The Road in early winter, and The Book of Eli, there's no shortage of movies to make you lose hope in humanity! :lol:

papalazeru wrote:Silly me, all those animated shots. It's Timur who's Directing, of course it's going to look like a 'puter game.

Actually, Shane Acker (creator of the original) directed the new movie*. But Timur and Tim Burton are executive producers. How's THAT for a team up!?!?!?

*don't mean to come across as a corrective twat, btw!! I loathe those people.

I actually like Timur's approach when it comes to movie, he knows crazy and he does it well. Night and Day watch had some awsome visuals alone, and so did Wanted so having him on the project is a plus. Have Burton, is a double edged sword, could be brilliant, could be standard fare but never bad.

and as for Fallout, 3-4 hours is my bare minimum :) Book of Eli looks amazing, when there's nothing going on. The action makes it looks like wasted CGI cinematography. After playing fallout 3, I at least want 20 minutes of no talking and someone walking through Neo Washington :D or similar. Neo York, has a good ring.

papalazeru

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:04 pm

SHUT UP YOUOUOUOUOUOUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:07 pm

papalazeru wrote:and as for Fallout, 3-4 hours is my bare minimum :) Book of Eli looks amazing, when there's nothing going on. The action makes it looks like wasted CGI cinematography. After playing fallout 3, I at least want 20 minutes of no talking and someone walking through Neo Washington :D or similar. Neo York, has a good ring.

Agree, Agree, Agree.

That's why I'd like to see someone like HBO pick up the rights to the comic book The Walking Dead. They could get away with a lot of post-shit-hitting-the-fan atmosphere with minimal dialogue. Granted, there's no nuclear war that sets it off, but still it would be cool to see.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Psyz on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:27 pm

So does that mean the sequel to GI Joe will be the "silent" issue of the comic featuring Snake Eyes? Because if Paramount had the huevos to film that movie, even under an arthouse imprint, I would be very grateful.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:38 pm

King Psyz wrote:So does that mean the sequel to GI Joe will be the "silent" issue of the comic featuring Snake Eyes? Because if Paramount had the huevos to film that movie, even under an arthouse imprint, I would be very grateful.

Well, you might see his lips move on that shitty costume design! :lol:
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:13 am

Whee!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:27 pm

This cool. You add a bunch of picture.... zoom in on your Talisman and you see that it's made up of all the pictures you submitted.

Cool.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:53 am

Fievel wrote:This cool. You add a bunch of picture.... zoom in on your Talisman and you see that it's made up of all the pictures you submitted.

Cool.

And it's also like a mandelbrot, it's infinite.

That's awesome Fievel.

papalazeru

Postby Stainless on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:26 am

I wish I could remember what movie I went to see when I saw this preview at the theater. It looks really amazing on the big screen... just amazing.
I'd like to offer moral support, but I have questionable morals.
Stainless
GLIB

Re: 9

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:05 pm

The Scientist wrote:"9"
Today at 7:15pm

I am alone, consumed by the ringing in my ears. It’s so quiet out there. My body is cold and fatigued, vision blurry.

I haven’t heard from anyone in days. Maybe they had to reroute after the strike? But as a pragmatist, I can only assume the more likely outcome and continue on my path.

I am sorry everyone. This world was a place of tarnished beauty, but a place worth fixing nonetheless. And all I ever wanted to do was give my part in fixing it.

We had so much potential… so much promise. But we squandered our gifts.

For whatever it’s worth, these are my new gifts to the world.

I am so empty and alone up here.

It is time.

Our world is ending, but life must go on.

- The Scientist

This was today's message from The Scientist. He has commented on all of his creations (1-8) up to this point.
This was what he said about "9".
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Who is this The Scientist and why is he sending me mail!?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:31 pm

It's been part of the "prequel" viral messaging thing on Facebook this past summer that leads into the events of the movie 9.
The Scientist is the guy who creates the rag-doll beings.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby BuckyO'harre on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:35 am

It's nice to see the home site whoring out for something that looks worthwhile.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:39 am

BuckyO'harre wrote:It's nice to see the home site whoring out for something that looks worthwhile.

Herc must not have had anything to do with it

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Fievel wrote:It's been part of the "prequel" viral messaging thing on Facebook this past summer that leads into the events of the movie 9.
The Scientist is the guy who creates the rag-doll beings.

Bah! Get back to me when he creates a sandwich...
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:47 pm

Currently clocking in at a so-so 56% on Rotten Tomatoes

The consensus seems to be that the story is a little lacking, but that the visuals are amazing. It does look pretty great from the previews and whatnot, so I might be willing to check it out just on those merits alone. Anybody else in the Zone seeing 9 this weekend?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby tapehead on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Nein.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:12 am

9 is good..

Not great. But good!

Yes, the story is a little lacking, mostly because everything seems a bit..rushed. We dont get to spend some time with the dolls to really build up any kind of emotional pay off with them when shit hits the fan. but thats also not to say that they were devoid of life!

9 is like an expensive plate of sushi. High on presentation, mild on taste. The visuals are outstanding, the voice acting is superb, the animation was fantastic, but, again, the story was very rushed.

I think I can best call this as the STEAMPUNK version of the FUTURE WAR in TERMINATOR meets elements of THE MATRIX. Its not like this story hasnt been told before, but its being told in a way that you're interest is captured through the brisk 79 minutes that this thing runs.

All in all, worth the price of a ticket. and really, what else is out there RIGHT NOW that you're willing to see?

7/10
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Ribbons on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:23 pm

bastard_robo wrote:9 is good...

Not great. But good!

7/10

Not a 9? :(
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby papalazeru on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:39 pm

Ribbons wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:9 is good...

Not great. But good!

7/10

Not a 9? :(

:lol:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*GROOOOAN*

:lol: :lol:

papalazeru

Next

Return to Animation