THE FANTASTIC FOUR (Now with Shitty)

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

THE FANTASTIC FOUR (Now with Shitty)

Postby LaDracul on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:50 am

LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:30 pm

I actually liked the second one more than the first. I think that summer was just too crowded. Movies either made a bijillion dollars or struggled to break even. Still, the second one made money. I'm sure Fox didn't lose any money on the deal. Oh well.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:24 pm

RogueScribner wrote:I actually liked the second one more than the first. I think that summer was just too crowded. Movies either made a bijillion dollars or struggled to break even. Still, the second one made money. I'm sure Fox didn't lose any money on the deal. Oh well.

At least we got two of em...
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby LaDracul on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:14 am

Then again, think about it...he mentioned "They would've called us a week after", but really, some sequels take a long time to get made.

Besides, I feel bad for Jessica Alba as she wanted to do the "Sue becomes a mother" storyline. Granted she's still pregnant, she couldn't do it right away, but it would've been interesting.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby JpPrewitt789 on Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:00 am

LaDracul wrote:Another "Fantastic Four" unlikely

That sucks. :(

I didn't like those.

I know many will disagree with me on this, but I thought that Ghost Rider was WAY more enjoyable than the first and the second.

I wish they could edit #2 down to just the parts where the Surfer is on the screen. I'd watch that.

If you're in the mood for Jessica Alba (and maybe even some Timberlake?) there's always...

THE LOVE GURU!
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/theloveguru/large_trailer.html
JpPrewitt789
REAL DRAGON

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:06 am

No way. This is stellar news to me. Those films never reached beyond mediocre. Hopefully, the rights will revert back to MARVEL a few years down the line and they can PROPERLY reboot the franchise.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:04 am

Leckomaniac wrote:

No way. This is stellar news to me. Those films never reached beyond mediocre. Hopefully, the rights will revert back to MARVEL a few years down the line and they can PROPERLY reboot the franchise.

Seconded.

I wonder if they'll give all their superheroes a movie sooner or later.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby DennisMM on Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:09 am

Thirded. I was so bored by FF that I never saw Surfer. Still haven't got around to it on DVD. May not ever. Perhaps if another one happens down the road the cast will have a bit more charisma. The FF should never be a yawn.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby havocSchultz on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:16 am

They need a Human Torch/Thing Spin off movie...

Like The Odd Couple...with super powers...

They were the only real enjoyable things about the films...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Fievel on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:05 am

havocSchultz wrote:They need a Human Torch/Thing Spin off movie...

Like The Odd Couple...with super powers...

They were the only real enjoyable things about the films...

They were the only two parts that were cast well.
Reed Richards wasn't so bad I guess.

Sue & Doom? No. No. No. No.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:23 pm

FF3 may be dead, but the Silver Surfer lives! maybe :wink:
At the same series of interviews, we asked Sturgess' co-star Laurence Fishburne if he heard anything about the proposed Silver Surfer prequel and whether he might once again provide the cosmic herald's voice in it, to which he replied: "I've heard that they are going to make a 'Silver Surfer' movie and I hope and pray to my lucky stars that they ask me to come back and do the voice again, I'd love to."

source : Super Hero Hype 3/16/08
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:51 am

Fox reboots Fantastic 4

20th Century Fox is the latest studio to start the process of overhauling one of its big Marvel Entertainment franchises, “Fantastic Four,” which has already hatched two films. The studio has hired Akiva Goldsman to oversee the re-boot as producer.

New script will be written by Michael Green, the “Heroes” co-executive producer who co-wrote “Green Lantern,” the Martin Campbell-directed Warner Bros. film that will star Ryan Reynolds.

Though Marvel Entertainment owns and finances properties like "Iron Man" and "Thor," Fox controls "Fantastic Four" in perpetuity -- as long as it continues making the films. Fox has the same arrangement on Marvel Comics properties "X-Men," "Daredevil" and "Silver Surfer." Marvel is a producer and financial participant through a licensing agreement.
Last edited by RogueScribner on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Fantastic Four Movie Rights

Postby TheButcher on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:15 am

RogueScribner wrote:Fox Re-Boots Marvel's Fantastic Four

Mike Fleming wrote:Some have questioned whether Disney overpaid when it bought Marvel Entertainment for $4 billion. After all, its best known Marvel Comics superhero franchises are parked at other studios, and Universal's Islands of Adventure is as dominated by Marvel attractions as it is Dr. Seuss.

But one thing to remember about Marvel assets is, they don't seem to wear out. We're about to see the second example where successful Marvel movie franchises are going to be reinvented.

20th Century Fox is the latest studio to start the process of overhauling one of its big Marvel Entertainment franchises, “Fantastic Four,” which has already hatched two films. The studio has hired Akiva Goldsman to oversee the re-boot as producer.

New script will be written by Michael Green, the “Heroes” co-executive producer who co-wrote “Green Lantern,” the Martin Campbell-directed Warner Bros. film that will star Ryan Reynolds.

Fox would not comment on its plans, and neither would Columbia Pictures when BFD revealed a couple weeks its plan to potentially re-boot the studio's most valuable franchise, "Spider-Man."

With “Spider-Man 4” moving toward an early 2010 production start, the studio recently hired James Vanderbilt to write a fifth and sixth installment of the web-slinger franchise, with the understanding that one or both could give that franchise a makeover with a new director and cast (Daily Variety, Aug. 16, 2009). Whether director Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire return or not, Sony smartly has given itself the chance to shorten the gap between its superhero installments.

And with state-of-the-art visual effects on superhero franchises pushing these pictures toward the $250 million-$300 million range, reshuffling the creative cast gives the studio a chance to save money, since actors and directors usually have a pre-negotiated option or two before the studio is held over a barrell by talent and their reps.

Marvel Studios has eliminated that problem by making talent sign as many as nine options, which was the case with the supporting cast of "Iron Man 2."

The 2005 “Fantastic Four” and 2007 sequel “Rise of the Silver Surfer” were directed by Tim Story, and starred Ioan Gruffud, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis. Since the deals are just getting made, it is unclear at present if any of them will return.

Though Marvel Entertainment owns and finances properties like “Iron Man” and “Thor,” Fox controls “Fantastic Four” in perpetuity—as long as it continues making the films. Fox has the same arrangement on Marvel Comics properties “X-Men,” “Daredevil,” and “Silver Surfer” --which, despite an appearance in the "Fantastic Four" sequel, is still a Fox priority for a solo film.

Marvel is a producer and financial participant through a licensing agreement signed before Marvel franchises had the drawing power they have now. In fact, the original deal was made back when Marvel was struggling to pull itself out of bankruptcy in 1997.

Fox has been extraordarily effective in mining its Marvel franchises. The studio made three “X-Men” films, and then a hit summer spinoff in “Wolverine.” Fox is working on a sequel to that film, and has scripts for “X-Men Origins: Magneto," and “X-Men Origins: First Class," the latter of which could bring original "X-Men" helmer Bryan Singer back to the fold. Potential spinoffs for the Gambit and Deadpool characters seen in "Wolverine" have also been discussed.

As producer, Goldsman is involved with several DC Comics transfers, including “Jonah Hex,” “The Losers” and “Teen Titans.” He was also producer on the Will Smith-Charlize Theron-superhero film “Hancock,” a film that has a sequel in development.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Why can't Akiva stay away from comic book movies.
Last edited by TheButcher on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:46 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Fox reboots Fantastic 4

Though Marvel Entertainment owns and finances properties like "Iron Man" and "Thor," Fox controls "Fantastic Four" in perpetuity -- as long as it continues making the films. Fox has the same arrangement on Marvel Comics properties "X-Men," "Daredevil" and "Silver Surfer." Marvel is a producer and financial participant through a licensing agreement.

Howbuhwha... they're revamping the Fantastic Four franchise by hiring the man responsible for "Batman & Robin" (and overall hack) as creative director? This is the way you plan to turn your superhero film stable back around?

Alright. I've narrowed it down to two possible conclusions:

1) Fox really, really hates fanboys.

2) There's a gas leak somewhere in the building.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:04 pm

I just love that they see how visceral the reaction was the B&R and how overwhelmingly positive the reception to BB and TDK was and say...

"Yeah, let's hire the guy who did B&R to right the ship".

The blind leading the blind, no doubt.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:59 pm

FOX simply knows that they could show a 90-minute movie of a guy in tights going to the bathroom, call it a comic book movie, and people will still pay millions of dollars to see it.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:00 pm

Fievel wrote:FOX simply knows that they could show a 90-minute movie of a guy in tights going to the bathroom, call it a comic book movie, and people will still pay millions of dollars to see it.

...and there goes the screenplay I have been working two years on. I was THIS close to convincing FOX to buy it!

Damn you, Fievel!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:25 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Fievel wrote:FOX simply knows that they could show a 90-minute movie of a guy in tights going to the bathroom, call it a comic book movie, and people will still pay millions of dollars to see it.

...and there goes the screenplay I have been working two years on. I was THIS close to convincing FOX to buy it!

Damn you, Fievel!

I was workingon the competing film, about the guy in tights who has the runs but can't find a clean bathroom

to be directed by Schumacher
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:19 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:I just love that they see how visceral the reaction was the B&R and how overwhelmingly positive the reception to BB and TDK was and say...

"Yeah, let's hire the guy who did B&R to right the ship".

The blind leading the blind, no doubt.

Whatevs. Batman & Robin was a long time ago. He's served as producer on Deep Blue Sea, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Constantine and Hancock. None are masterpieces, but all are movies I enjoyed thoroughly. He's also working behind the scenes on Fringe, which turned out to be quite fun. Let the past go. Can he really do worse than the first two? I mean I admit I liked the first one enough, but the second? GASP
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:48 pm

Well I don't know how much of a hand he had in Deep Blue Sea or Constantine (changed from London to L.A.), but the scripts for Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Tonight, He Comes (changed from a small town to L.A.) were already highly-touted in Hollywood while they were still unproduced; if anything, he might have made Hancock worse. He's also responsible for Lost in Space, Cinderella Man and, in the less-distant past, I Am Legend (changed from a small town to New York City) and iRobot (changed from a novel to a Converse commercial). Even if I thought he was capable of taking the comic book genre seriously for once, his "A-game" tends to be formulaic crap. Then again he wouldn't necessarily be the one writing the sequel, but on the other hand it's Fox, so fuck it. Fox could do better than him, and if they were really interested in any sort of symbolic olive branch toward the fans they would never go near the man responsible for one of the most notorious superhero films of all-time, and that's what pisses me off more than the actual presence of Akiva Goldsman itself.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:39 am

Yeah I almost brought up Lost in Space. I don't really think it deserves the scorn it receives. I mean, it's not a great movie, but it's not like Batman and Robin either. I didn't see Cinderella Man, so I can't comment. But as far as I Am Legend goes... it's not a perfect movie, but to me, it was still enjoyable. All I am saying is that Akiva may be a hack (he may very well be), but to me, a lot of what he has had his hand in is at least enjoyable.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:50 am

Akiva Goldsman is also an Oscar winner for his script for A Beautiful Mind. I fault Joel Schumacher and the suits at Warner Bros. circa 1996 for the atrocity that is Batman & Robin more than I do the poor schmuck they hired to write it. That movie was all about selling toys and appealing to the kiddies. I'm not a huge fan of Goldman, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him a hack. Joe Eszterhas is a hack.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Bloo on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:11 am

RogueScribner wrote:Akiva Goldsman is also an Oscar winner for his script for A Beautiful Mind. I fault Joel Schumacher and the suits at Warner Bros. circa 1996 for the atrocity that is Batman & Robin more than I do the poor schmuck they hired to write it. That movie was all about selling toys and appealing to the kiddies. I'm not a huge fan of Goldman, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him a hack. Joe Eszterhas is a hack.

but Eszterhas wrote Showgirls which is awesome
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby TheButcher on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:36 am

Here is something to think about.

From Motion Captured: Fox officially announces 'Fantastic Four' reboot
Drew McWeeny wrote:Herc over at AICN suggested Jeff Goldblum for Reed Richards and Christoph Waltz for Dr. Doom.

I concur. Waltz for Doom? Concur, concur, concur.

Drew McWeeny wrote:I think that if you're going to really do "Fantastic Four" and you want it to be fun, you go period. And you go cosmic. You go Kirby and Lee. You go space monsters and mole men. You don't shrink away from it. And you find a filmmaker who is up to that task, and who appreciates HOW INCREDIBLY FUN that can be. Pop optimism. Lighter than air. Adventure. That's "Fantastic Four" in my book. That's what I'd love to see.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:28 pm

From IGN:
F4 Reboot Dream Cast

Jim Vejvoda and Phil Pirrello wrote:
The Director

Let's face it: almost any director would be a step-up from Tim Story at this point. We kicked around a number of candidates -- Robert Rodriguez, who's handled family-oriented genre adventure films before with the Spy Kids series; Tony Scott, who has directed a number of action films such as Top Gun, Crimson Tide, Man on Fire; and McG, who might have been a decent choice for this had he not mucked up Terminator Salvation -- before settling on British filmmaker Matthew Vaughn.

Vaughn, who directed Layer Cake and Stardust, has so far been a bridesmaid and never a bride when it comes to Marvel Comics adaptations. He'd been attached to helm both X-Men: The Last Stand and Thor before dropping out of each project. We think it's time to finally give this guy a shot at bringing a Marvel title to the screen. Vaughn's next release is the comic book adaptation Kick-Ass, footage from which received an enthusiastic response from fans when shown at this summer's San Diego Comic-Con.

From MTV 08/28/09:
EXCLUSIVE: Matthew Vaughn Calls 'Avengers' & 'Superman' His Dream Projects, Regrets 'Iron Man' Timing
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:17 pm

I thought the last film was decent enough. People seemed to think they were too light and fluffy when, from all I've seen of the comic, it's a pretty light and fluffy concept.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Yeah I don't know if dark and realistic would really match the tone of the characters. Obviously they could change it up a little bit, but I'd always pictured the Fantastic Four as light and kind of campy to begin with. And I also think the second film was much better than the first one, although it kind of fell apart at the end.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby DennisMM on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:03 pm

FF the comic has had some pretty serious moments over the past 50 years, including Sue having a miscarriage. And they've been angst-ridden since the beginning, especially the Thing. On film that's harder to put across. On the other hand, casting Jessica Alba didn't help.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:14 pm

DennisMM wrote:On the other hand, casting Jessica Alba didn't help.

Fo realz yo...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:15 pm

I read recently that Rachel McAdams nearly got the part. That would've been cool.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:31 pm

DennisMM wrote:FF the comic has had some pretty serious moments over the past 50 years, including Sue having a miscarriage. And they've been angst-ridden since the beginning, especially the Thing. On film that's harder to put across. On the other hand, casting Jessica Alba didn't help.

The films had The Thing being "angst-ridden".

I don't think "Invisible Miscarriage" was ever going to be featured.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Almost as hot as Alba, and almost certainly a better actress.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:39 pm

RogueScribner wrote:I read recently that Rachel McAdams nearly got the part. That would've been cool.

Yes, I always thought she would make an astoundingly perfect Sue. They should keep Chris Evans as Johnny. He was fine in the movies and did his best despite crappy scripts. Ben Grimm should be CGI. End of Story. I don't know who should voice him, but please not Gandolfini as it seems like many fan boys like him for the part. His voice is too high and lispy. It would kind of be cool to have DeNiro voice him. Not sure who should play Reed. No one just jumps out at me. Maybe Luke Wilson?

Oh and cast that dude from District 9 as Doom.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:57 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:I read recently that Rachel McAdams nearly got the part. That would've been cool.

Yes, I always thought she would make an astoundingly perfect Sue. They should keep Chris Evans as Johnny. He was fine in the movies and did his best despite crappy scripts. Ben Grimm should be CGI. End of Story. I don't know who should voice him, but please not Gandolfini as it seems like many fan boys like him for the part. His voice is too high and lispy. It would kind of be cool to have DeNiro voice him. Not sure who should play Reed. No one just jumps out at me. Maybe Luke Wilson?

Oh and cast that dude from District 9 as Doom.

Ditto on Rachel McAdams. That's a very sweet and post on bit of casting, known or well known star. If Sue's hair was red. As far as Grimm's voice, I'd have any actor that simply has the right voice do him, but rather an unknown. I just can't get away from the association of a known actor's face in a soundbooth doing the voice whilst getting a blowjob at the same time whilst getting a cool milly or 2 for an afternoon's work, whilst I watch Ben Grimm in action. Gandolfini? Let's finally just admit that 'fanboys' don't have a clue what they're talking about. There's a reason they're not casting directors. One of them being that Johnny Depp would have to clone himself for every role that is out there in existence.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby King Psyz on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:12 pm

The problem with FF wasn't "aimed for kids", geez people are dense, it was that it was bad.

DO NOT change the FF is ground rule one. DO keep Doom as an old lab partner and college adversary.
DO NOT make Doom a friggin Trump knockoff. DO make Doom a crazy eastern european iron first ruler obsessed with dark magic and super science.
DO NOT make Richards a haphazard partial genius, partial dumbass. DO MAKE Richards one of the SMARTEST PEOPLE IN THE PLANET (Richards, Stark, Parker)
DO NOT use a "man in suit" Thing. DO USE Weta, ILM, Pixar, someone, anyone to make the best Thing possible.
DO NOT try and "fox it up" with this franchise again. DO play nice with Disney/Marvel and work out something jointly benificial. Disney/Marvel produced Fox distributed???
DO NOT darken the FF world or Mythos. DO have fun with it short of being 60's Batman series. It's the FANTASTIC Four, not the Brooding dudes and chick in leather 4.
DO NOT blow your load with Galactus. DO go for the Skrulls, or the Mole Men, or something old school and have Doom as a constant annoyance, and not the focal point right away.
DO NOT write something in the "spirit" of the original run. DO adopt the first 5-10 issues into a script, as best as possible.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby buster00 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:18 pm

CGI Ben Grimm for the win. He should look at least as big and fearsome as the Hulk does on film.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:24 pm

buster00 wrote:CGI Ben Grimm for the win. He should look at least as big and fearsome as the Hulk does on film.

And to that point, why not give him something to hit? Something to match his power.

And my only recomendation is to make this world FANTASTIC. I mean, it is in the name! This isn't that difficult, you know? Make it fun, make it enormous, make it exciting, wondrous, and grounded in the familial relationship. You CAN achieve all of those things, if only you are not some hack writer hired by FOX.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
buster00 wrote:CGI Ben Grimm for the win. He should look at least as big and fearsome as the Hulk does on film.

And to that point, why not give him something to hit? Something to match his power.

And my only recomendation is to make this world FANTASTIC. I mean, it is in the name! This isn't that difficult, you know? Make it fun, make it enormous, make it exciting, wondrous, and grounded in the familial relationship. You CAN achieve all of those things, if only you are not some hack writer hired by FOX.

zackly!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:03 am

Truth is, we already got the perfect F4 movie: The Incredibles.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 am

Holy fuck that was one of the most awesome series of posts I've read on The Zone... all comments right on the money. Good show, bitches!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:31 pm

I've got visions of them mkaing Doctor Doom more "contemporary, topical and relevent" by giving him some sort of "Middle Eastern" ethnicity.

Doctor El-Fadil Douhm.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:33 pm

I think the way to bring back the FF is in conjunction with another Marvel character(s). fuck an origin story, shit, I say have them go up against Prince Namor and use the movie as HIS origin/intro vehicle...

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby King Psyz on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:47 pm

Peven wrote:I think the way to bring back the FF is in conjunction with another Marvel character(s). fuck an origin story, shit, I say have them go up against Prince Namor and use the movie as HIS origin/intro vehicle...

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter...

I also think we need more for the thing to do than throw car parts at Johnny...

I want to see giant robots punched into downtown Manhattan, I want to see Ben do something Fantastic! Same with Reed, his stretching powers need to be used like the smartest man on earth would use them. And making Sue strip for her powers to work is the dumbest thing ever and was only used because what director wouldn't like to see Alba in her underwear or less. Johnny was pretty much right already, it would be nice if Sony and Fox could play nice and include something about Spider Man, or Spidey and Johnny's friendly rivalry.

This is the thing Marvel dropped the ball on, and would love to see Disney fix. Offer extentions on the distrobution contracts if they'll open up the characters to crossovers.

A Namor story would be great, a Mole Man story would be awesome, something with Skrulls or ultra dimensional travel would be tits.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Yes... some real trippy shit in the negative zone would be fun. Bring on Annihilus!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:08 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:56 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Screen Rant Exclusive: Adrien Brody or Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Mr. Fantastic
Adrien Brody or Jonathan Rhys Meyers could be Mr. Fantastic in the reboot of Fantastic Four which will not be titled ‘Fantastic Four Reborn.’

From IESB:
Henry VIII Vs. Predator Slayer - Fantastic Four Casting Rumors
Not long after she stepped away from playing Emma Frost in the upcoming X-Men: First Class, Alice Eve had been rumored to be in the running for Sue Storm, AKA Invisible Woman, but now it looks like young hottie Amber Heard may have a chance to tackle the role. Also Kevin Pennington, who is relatively unknown, is being looked at for Johnny Storm, The Human Torch. I'll have to add that Chris Evans played the role quite well in the prior two efforts, in fact he was probably one of the few elements that actually worked well, but now he's stepping into the boots of a much larger role as Captain America.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:34 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:25 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat May 28, 2011 3:27 am

From Bleeding Cool:
Friday Trending Topics: An Atom Age Fantastic Four Reboot? Let The Campaign Begin Here
Mark Seifert wrote:The theory behind this rumor has been out there for going on a couple years now, but with the effectiveness of X-Men First Class, the idea is gaining a lot of currency again fast. Reboot the Fantastic Four films back to their early 1960s comic book roots, Sue famously implores, “We’ve got to take that chance… unless we want the Commies to beat us to it!” throw in some giant monsters from Namor or the Mole Man, and it’s on. Hell, get the Skrulls in there, since they’re being used in the Avengers. That could fit, too.

I could go on about this concept at length… but let’s get on with the rest of the day first:

X-Men: First Class, Second Review

The Cold War seems to be pretty hot right now. There are excited mutterings around Hollywood of an Atom Age Fantastic Four reboot. Meanwhile Call Of Duty:Black Ops is introducing that period to the videogame audience better than a historian ever could. Television watchers can get in on the era of the snappy suit and sexy frock too. And not just with Mad Men; rumour has it there’s an early Sixties prequel to Dynasty in the works.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Next

Return to Movie Discussion