Playstation 3 Thread

All things controller driven will be talked about here.

Re: Playstation 3 Thread

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:10 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:I've not played the ps3 version, but the game it's self is no CIV2.
It just doesn't feel right.

Download the demo & see what you think.

Oh, demos! I forgot about that stuff. I have to get used to having online capabilities. :D
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:10 pm

seriously, demos make this current gen worth the price. Lost Planet 2 and Brutal Legend should be the top of your list.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:59 pm

Yeah, I used to pay £5.99 of the official playstation magazine just to play the demos that were on the cover disk. I had a subscription when the original playstation was still going strong. It worked out a bit cheaper, but you still ended up with all these demo discs that you never play once the real game comes out.

The only downside this gen is the waiting time. Demos are anything from 600mb to 2.5gig on the 360. I'm guessing they will be about the same size (if not bigger) on the ps3.

@Lecko You should probably check out the Arkham Asylum demo & (if one exists) Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Fievel on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:23 pm

I remember wanting to register "Fievel" on the PSN when it first opened. The servers were absolutely clogged and I couldn't get on.
Anticipating my buying a PS3 during the holiday season, I just registered Fievel75.

Here's hoping someone has some free Blu-Ray movies, free games, or an additional controller this Black Friday.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Psyz on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:25 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:Yeah, I used to pay £5.99 of the official playstation magazine just to play the demos that were on the cover disk. I had a subscription when the original playstation was still going strong. It worked out a bit cheaper, but you still ended up with all these demo discs that you never play once the real game comes out.

The only downside this gen is the waiting time. Demos are anything from 600mb to 2.5gig on the 360. I'm guessing they will be about the same size (if not bigger) on the ps3.

@Lecko You should probably check out the Arkham Asylum demo & (if one exists) Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2.

the sizes seem consistent

haven't seen a MUA2 demo as of yet :( but the katamari one is cool if you're into japanese weirdness.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fievel on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Old version of PS3 for $250

(I'm still holding out for the Black Friday deals)
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:59 pm

this can easily be avoided if you just remember to wear the wrist strap before you start swinging your ps3 around.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby demiroush1835 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:47 am

Droool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EqD3zRip7k

I'm not a heavy gamer, but I don't mind throwing some time into a game both me and my girlfriend can enjoy (as a spectator).

And hey, I get a bluray player out of it... Score!

}:^)~

Hi.
demiroush1835
GLIB

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:24 am

That video is about the Wii... ?
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Fievel on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:20 am

Best Buy's Black Friday was released/leaked today.

PS3, Little Big Planet, and Ratchet & Clank for $299

So glad I waited. I just hope I can get my ass up early enough to get it. 5am is awfully early.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:26 am

and that's why pedobear endorses the Wii.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Fievel wrote:Best Buy's Black Friday was released/leaked today.

So glad I waited. I just hope I can get my ass up early enough to get it. 5am is awfully early.

Wal Mart has an even better deal.

For $299..... PS3, Infamous, Batman Arkham Asylum, and the BluRay of The Dark Knight

Radio Shack is going to have PS3 controllers for $29.99
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Psyz on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:33 am

Fievel wrote:
Fievel wrote:Best Buy's Black Friday was released/leaked today.

Wal Mart has an even better deal.

For $299..... PS3, Infamous, Batman Arkham Asylum, and the BluRay of The Dark Knight

Radio Shack is going to have PS3 controllers for $29.99

Just so you guys know, I hit a Radio Shack last year before opening and they only had 2 of the controllers. So go early.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fievel on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:29 pm

I just bought a PS3 through Best Buy's website.
They have their Black Friday Doorbusters on sale online.
It comes with Little Big Planet (Game of the Year Edition) and the newest Ratchet & Clank game.

Now I get to sleep in tomorrow and not worry about trying to get one in the store.
No fighting the crowds.
No waiting in line.
No chance of waiting for several hours just to find that they're sold out.

Life is good.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:58 am

My PS3 arrives tomorrow.
I'm ridiculously excited.
I almost feel like I should tip the UPS guy.
Is a hand job too aggressive?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:19 am

Fievel wrote:My PS3 arrives tomorrow.

Only if it causes chaffing.

I am envious of your bundle (too erotic?). I wish I had Little Big Planet :P

I did just buy Dead Space for real cheap, though. I heard that game was fairly scary, which I enjoy while gaming.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:29 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
I did just buy Dead Space for real cheap, though. I heard that game was fairly scary, which I enjoy while gaming.

I started playing Dead Space at the weekend, it's pretty good. It doesn't have the "shit your pants" moments that Resident Evil 2 had, or the "oh fuck, shoot the the bin" moments F.E.A.R had, but you'll have a few jumps if you're playing with the lights off. I'm only halfway through act 3 right now though, so it could get worse.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:41 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:

I started playing Dead Space at the weekend, it's pretty good. It doesn't have the "shit your pants" moments that Resident Evil 2 had, or the "oh fuck, shoot the the bin" moments F.E.A.R had, but you'll have a few jumps if you're playing with the lights off. I'm only halfway through act 3 right now though, so it could get worse.

For me, it was Silent Hill 2. That game just bugnuts, to borrow a term from H@rry. Scared the crap out of me. I have been looking for a game to equal that experience ever since. Resident Evil 5 was such a fucking disappointment. Too many bullets.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:57 pm

I'm an official owner now!

Fievel75 is in the houuuuuuuuuuuse!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:47 am

I just bought one too, but it hasn't arrived yet. Although I don't really plan on using it much for gaming. I mainly got it as a Blu-ray player.

Although if you'd like to mention the killer apps for the PS3, you know... the shit that you just can't miss, I'd be interested.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Any of you PS3 fools own MW2? If so, lets get a game going! I have been playing that thing online nonstop all weekend. So fucking fun!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:18 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:Any of you PS3 fools own MW2? If so, lets get a game going! I have been playing that thing online nonstop all weekend. So fucking fun!

I play on Xbox Live.

And I'd just like to add that hooking up a PS3 and getting all the HD stuff to coexist peacefully with my surround sound receiver, TV, Xbox360, and DVR is A MOTHER FUCKING BITCHASS PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, I almost just want to destroy the damn thing just to relieve some tension. But I'll weather the storm of inexpressible rage.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Fievel on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:15 am

I just want to say that using a PS3 as a media server is the bee's muthasuckin' KNEES!!!
Movies, music, and pictures that are all stored on my PC go (via wi-fi) through the PS3 to my TV..... wow.

Oh, and games are cool, too.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby SilentBobX on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Prepping for my inevitable return to PS3 gaming by getting Legends of Wrestlemania from the Target clearance rack($19.99). And next up, Batman Arkham Asylum.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:00 pm

I got so close to owning one. Had 200 saved. Then my car broke down twice....
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby so sorry on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:07 pm

The second I buy a new TV (planning on doing so around the SuperBowl mega-TV savings) I'll be right back in line getting a PS3.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby King Psyz on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:36 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Fievel wrote:My PS3 arrives tomorrow.

Only if it causes chaffing.

I am envious of your bundle (too erotic?). I wish I had Little Big Planet :P

Little Big Planet is mega cheap yo, they dropped it to $39 I belive and tossed in $30 in free DLC. Today WATER and Priates of the Caribean come out for LBP so I'm pretty excited.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fievel on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Psyz on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:33 pm

Any zone PS3 players playing the MAG beta?

Tons o fun

anyway, I am starting a clan for us [ZONE] or [AICN] if that's already taken...

My affiliation of choice is valor if you want to play with me sometime.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fievel on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Yeah, I've been playing sparingly at night when the kids go to sleep.
I've been in Raven. Doesn't the beta end tonight?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:58 am

Fievel wrote:Yeah, I've been playing sparingly at night when the kids go to sleep.
I've been in Raven. Doesn't the beta end tonight?

fill this out, they're supposed to extend it
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:59 am

http://mag.ign.com/

der forgot the link
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fievel on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:20 am

I'm not getting much game in on the tournament at all. I started today with Valor but it just felt wrong. So I went back to Raven.
I might get an hour or two during the day tomorrow but will likely be on for the closing hours after I get back from class.

Are you going to get the game KP?
I like the basic idea of the game, but I haven't encountered much team strategy happening on my end.
I'd hate to drop $60 if it's just going to continue like this.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Psyz on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:13 am

Fievel wrote:I'm not getting much game in on the tournament at all. I started today with Valor but it just felt wrong. So I went back to Raven.
I might get an hour or two during the day tomorrow but will likely be on for the closing hours after I get back from class.

Are you going to get the game KP?
I like the basic idea of the game, but I haven't encountered much team strategy happening on my end.
I'd hate to drop $60 if it's just going to continue like this.

honestly, it's why I want to start a clan for zoners and the occasional referral from one of us.

I have a mic, but because of the kid I don't use it much. Either he's being loud or I don't want to wake him up. But I think communication is key and playing with people you just know how to read.

My plan is to get it, if you do too, we'll definately start a clan.

I like valor or raven, I can't play SVER, it feels like I am playing the bad guys. SVER also seems far too opverpowered both in weapons, and in the set up of their defensive positions. Nearly unbeatable.

The worst is people who can heal you but keep walking... really? Or the idiots who start shooting at the begining of a match, killing their squad.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fievel on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:01 am

Between the Beta and the Tournament I lost my character - not sure if everyone else did. It sucked starting back out at zero but my sucky ass is finally back up to 14 with Raven.
I honestly don't know if I can buy this.... it's like crack and I don't have time to be an addict!!!!!

I really like the Darien & Copper Hills maps but I absolutely hate the Syr Darya map - way too cramped. I hope they add Acquisition, Suppression or Domination in the next few days.

I'm without a headset and that sucks. I'm seeing more cooperation now than I did a week ago and would really love to get in on that aspect. Also seeing more medics running around helping.

No other Zoners playing this? Just me and KP???
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:01 pm

Any PS3 owners here using Netflix?
I got a year's subscription for Christmas (that I haven't started) and am curious as to the quality of the HD stream.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:35 am

Fievel wrote:Between the Beta and the Tournament I lost my character - not sure if everyone else did. It sucked starting back out at zero but my sucky ass is finally back up to 14 with Raven.
I honestly don't know if I can buy this.... it's like crack and I don't have time to be an addict!!!!!

I really like the Darien & Copper Hills maps but I absolutely hate the Syr Darya map - way too cramped. I hope they add Acquisition, Suppression or Domination in the next few days.

I'm without a headset and that sucks. I'm seeing more cooperation now than I did a week ago and would really love to get in on that aspect. Also seeing more medics running around helping.

No other Zoners playing this? Just me and KP???

I pre-ordered at best buy for the valor bonus armor loadout, it is crack so I stick to night play when everyone is passed out. I'm sure I'll play randomly other times of day, hard to say.

I do hope if you buy the retail version to join me in Valor since I could use some backup I can count on.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:41 pm

Good news for all of you PS3 GTA fans. The Xbox exclusive additional episodes, are no longer exclusive. They are coming out on PS3 and PC.
I heartily recommend them, as I had a blast playing them on my 360.

Also, im currently messing about with Vidzone, the free music video streaming service on ps3 for the first time this evening. Its pretty good. Not as much of the stuff I would like to see, but a nice selection nonetheless, and a pretty decent user friendly interface. If you have a ps3, and havent tried it yet, give it a shot.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Fievel wrote:Any PS3 owners here using Netflix?
I got a year's subscription for Christmas (that I haven't started) and am curious as to the quality of the HD stream.

i looked into this, from what i hear, the "HD" stream is near-DVD quality. i'm a bit of a video snob, so i wouldn't bother with it until it's up to true HD quality. but if you've got it for free, you may as well use it.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:30 pm

Ugh.
I'll check it out when I start, probably next week sometime.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby King Psyz on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:41 pm

yeah I was thinking of getting that too, I have a nice big 1080p Bravia so I'd want it to be decent looking.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:57 pm

if you've got an extra PS3 or 1700 lying around, here's something to do with them
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Hermanator X on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:30 am

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT CONNECT YOUR PS3 TO THE INTERNET (for the foreseeable future)

Some network error is borking the system, and making games unplayable. This only affects the older "studly" models, slims are unnaffected. So hang tight until Sony get this shite fixed.

Thats a hell of a lot of customer service calls to deal with......
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Hermanator X wrote:FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT CONNECT YOUR PS3 TO THE INTERNET (for the foreseeable future)

Some network error is borking the system, and making games unplayable. This only affects the older "studly" models, slims are unnaffected. So hang tight until Sony get this shite fixed.

Thats a hell of a lot of customer service calls to deal with......

Joystiq is reporting the issues are fixed.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:07 am

Did I read correctly when I saw that Heavy Rain requires a network connection? Major suckage.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:49 am

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:09 am

Wolfpack wrote:Did I read correctly when I saw that Heavy Rain requires a network connection? Major suckage.

No connecting to the internet while p-laying the game could result in save game corruption. That was the issue.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

PreviousNext

Return to Games