Breaking Bad (Now w/ El Camino)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:26 pm

DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby John-Locke on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Anyone else caught the season 3 opener yet? off to a good start but I definitely miss Saul, I hope he's back next episode.

I wonder how long we have to wait for those Mexican Twins to meet Walt?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby tapehead on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:18 pm

There's and interview on AV Club with Bob Odenkirk from last week where he discusses Breaking Bad at length - seems he's in most of the episodes this season. Thanks for the notice that this show has come back; I'll have to track it down.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:01 am

tapehead wrote:There's and interview on AV Club with Bob Odenkirk from last week where he discusses Breaking Bad at length - seems he's in most of the episodes this season. Thanks for the notice that this show has come back; I'll have to track it down.

Who doesnt love Saul! It's great he's going to be a bigger part this yr!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Maui on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:40 am

AMC broke records for this 1st episode to Breaking Bad's season 3 - I think it was all that crawling at the beginning of the episode that captivated the viewers.

The Mexican twins. Did they seem kinda silly to anyone else? Yes they are no doubt going to be extremely badass BUT they just came across a bit over the top.

This season is going to be all about Walt's consequences of breaking bad. Karma's a bitch, eh?
Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:11 pm

Maui wrote:AMC broke records for this 1st episode to Breaking Bad's season 3 - I think it was all that crawling at the beginning of the episode that captivated the viewers.

The Mexican twins. Did they seem kinda silly to anyone else? Yes they are no doubt going to be extremely badass BUT they just came across a bit over the top.

This season is going to be all about Walt's consequences of breaking bad. Karma's a bitch, eh?

Just caught the first ep. Oooooh I'm looking forward to this. The twins reminded me too much of the silly twins in the Matrix cept more latino :)

Still, I love the way the show has landed running out the stalls as it were.

Frickin' aces all round.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Maui on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:20 am

Fantastic show last night and welcome back Saul!

I must say, I really enjoyed the pizza toss. I read that Cranston got it on the roof on the 1st take.

So, Gus and the twins? Interesting.
Maui
WoWie

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:55 am

I cant believe that happened so quick!!

Jesse buying the house was classic too.

I find it funny Skylar has no problem with her bosses activities.

Walt is just getting angrier and angrier and i love every minute of it.

Ohh and lest we forget the return of SAUL!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Maui on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:57 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:I cant believe that happened so quick!!

Jesse buying the house was classic too.

I find it funny Skylar has no problem with her bosses activities.

Walt is just getting angrier and angrier and i love every minute of it.

Ohh and lest we forget the return of SAUL!

Couldn't find one damn thing wrong with last night's episode. PERFECTION. Walt's outburst with the highway patrol was just a joy to watch.
Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:02 pm

Loved the 2nd ep. Still not finding the Latino Virus twins very scary, more comedic, but the ep was brilliantly paced.

papalazeru

Postby John-Locke on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:47 pm

Great episode, fantastic ending, was expecting that guy working for Saul to come in and take out the twins, I guess they also do work for Pollos.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Maui on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:11 pm

Turns out those twins were pretty bad ass in real life and they've never acted before, can you believe that?!?!

Clip from PaleyFest 2010.

Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:41 am

Maui wrote:Turns out those twins were pretty bad ass in real life and they've never acted before, can you believe that?!?!

Clip from PaleyFest 2010.

That's an awesome clip. With trepidation, I'm going to work my way through the other clips as I want to know more but don't want it spoilt for me!!!!

papalazeru

Postby Maui on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:31 pm

I fucked Ted.
Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Maui wrote:I fucked Ted.

You're not the only one, I've heard ;)

There were many fine elements to this weeks ep, one of the finest for me was finding out what happened to Danny Trejo - What a way to go?!?!!?

papalazeru

Postby Brit Pop on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:21 pm

I used to hate Skyler... but now I'm starting to feel sorry for her, she may look like Rocky Dennis but you can't hold that aginst her.
The lady lawyer's life expectancy has dramatically decreased also - if she goes to Saul with a divorce petition and tells him she knows what Walt is up to... well.

Walt's bodycount is spiralling out of control - he's murdered at least three dealers, didn't prevent the death of Jesse's girl, and as a result was inadvertantly responsible for the mid-air collision of two passenger liners.

So if all the truth comes out, he's got the cartel after him... Jesse and Donald... Hank...

Who shot JR anyone?!?
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Maui on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:52 am

papalazeru wrote: one of the finest for me was finding out what happened to Danny Trejo - What a way to go?!?!!?

You mean how he ended up like this.

Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Throwing plants at Ted's office window, flirting with the principal, fighting with Saul, and egos-r-us at Jesse's ability to cook Heisenberg meth (while still getting half of the profit). Another great episode.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:23 am

This is my own private domicile and I will not be harassed! Bitch!

That RV standoff was perfection.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Brit Pop on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:38 am

Another brilliant episode! Loving the mexican psycho brothers!

All I can say about whats coming soon - oh shit... its on!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Oh man, poor Hank, that scene in the Hospital was so well done.

You know why this was such an excellent episode? almost no Sylar dragging it down with her indecisive bitchiness.

I wouldn't want to be those Mexican Brothers when they attack Hank, I've got a good feeling that The Hank will prevail and kick all kinds of ass, he fucking best do or I think I might just cry, I'd rather Jesse or even Walt died than Hank, he's like a loyal dog.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby tapehead on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:09 pm

I especialy enjoyed the strip-club back-story in this episode; old, drug hoover Jessie is a lot more fun than new school, sober and creepy Jessie.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Maui on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:07 pm

John-Locke wrote:I wouldn't want to be those Mexican Brothers when they attack Hank, I've got a good feeling that The Hank will prevail and kick all kinds of ass, he fucking best do or I think I might just cry, I'd rather Jesse or even Walt died than Hank, he's like a loyal dog.

I have a feeling Hank will be OK but Marie will be less fortunate. Marie is a dead weight on the show plus it would allow for some more dramatic moments from good ole Hank (allowing him to finally snap).
Maui
WoWie

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 am

A little foreshadowing to Hank freaking out at a hospital, perhaps?

This show is great. Every episode is a keeper.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Maui on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:34 am

Retardo_Montalban wrote:A little foreshadowing to Hank freaking out at a hospital, perhaps?

Exactly. I just found her character Marie the kleptomaniac a bit more interesting in the first season than the role she is playing now. We already have to watch Skylar fret and stew in each episode, now Marie. Gah.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:30 pm

She'll die ten minutes after Skylar finally breaks and tells Marie that Walt cooks meth. The death I'm really jazzed about is seeing one of the Mexican twins get it. Them fellas are way too badass to die in any way other than spectacular. I'm disappointed we aren't going to see any Q revenge. I had pegged Q for the antagonist of the season after he learns that Walt killed his daughter.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby papalazeru on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:She'll die ten minutes after Skylar finally breaks and tells Marie that Walt cooks meth. The death I'm really jazzed about is seeing one of the Mexican twins get it. Them fellas are way too badass to die in any way other than spectacular. I'm disappointed we aren't going to see any Q revenge. I had pegged Q for the antagonist of the season after he learns that Walt killed his daughter.

I don't get how they could learn that Walt killed Q's daughter, even if a neighbour saw Walt enter the premises. I don't think that's going to happen. The only way would be if he reveals it if he knows his life is up (possibly at the hands of the twins).

As for Marie dying, hmmm...seems a little too convenient. The one thing this show does do well is surprise, so who's to say that Skylar doesn't come round to the fact, or Marie keeps it to herself to stop any shame befalling the family (although that's unlikely judging by how she wants to one up Skylar).

This whole show is like the Kobayashi Maru, there's not going to be any winners here.

papalazeru

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:50 pm

I figured in a fit of grief/guilt, Walt or Jesse would inadvertently spill the beans to someone and that would travel to Q's ear. A little "Crime and Punishment" action.

Hank is also natural police, so it's possible he can uncover anything.

All my thoughts on Q were pre-season 3. I didn't even know about the twins then.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Maui on Mon May 03, 2010 10:44 am

Retardo_Montalban wrote:The death I'm really jazzed about is seeing one of the Mexican twins get it. Them fellas are way too badass to die in any way other than spectacular.

How about both of them? I really wasn't expecting them to die this soon (well, we know atleast one of them is dead for sure). Geez, another intense episode - the last 10 minutes had me white knuckling it. I feel like I'm having an anxiety attack along with Hank while watching this. Hank (played by Dean Norris) continues to show his tremendous acting abilities week after week. Well done.

Conflabbit, every time that elevator door opened I stopped breathing for a few seconds.

@Papa, yes you are right. This show is completely unpredictable and I've decided to stop trying to figure out where the storyline is going next because I usually have it ALL wrong. ;)
Maui
WoWie

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon May 03, 2010 11:21 am

Maui wrote:
Retardo_Montalban wrote:The death I'm really jazzed about is seeing one of the Mexican twins get it. Them fellas are way too badass to die in any way other than spectacular.

How about both of them? I really wasn't expecting them to die this soon (well, we know atleast one of them is dead for sure). Geez, another intense episode - the last 10 minutes had me white knuckling it. I feel like I'm having an anxiety attack along with Hank while watching this. Hank (played by Dean Norris) continues to show his tremendous acting abilities week after week. Well done.

Conflabbit, every time that elevator door opened I stopped breathing for a few seconds.

@Papa, yes you are right. This show is completely unpredictable and I've decided to stop trying to figure out where the storyline is going next because I usually have it ALL wrong. ;)

Seriously does it get any tenser than the scene in the car!?!?!! The breaking bad writers continue to f us with our expectations and I love every goddamn minute of it!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Maui on Mon May 03, 2010 11:35 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Seriously does it get any tenser than the scene in the car!?!?!! The breaking bad writers continue to f us with our expectations and I love every goddamn minute of it!

Hands down, my favourite show on TV right now.
Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Tue May 04, 2010 4:05 am

Just seen the Ep you're talking about. Oh wow! Splendid performances all round.

Poor Hank, he can't catch a break. And yes, that scene in the Car Park was beautiful.

papalazeru

Postby John-Locke on Tue May 04, 2010 6:43 pm

That was amazing, I was cheering Hank on the whole time, I hope he doesn't bleed out, seems like he was shot in sorta non-lethal areas. I take it that was the chicken man or someone working for him on the phone, he wanted the Brothers out of the picture. I wonder if Hank will connect them to Tuco or if he'll try and pin this attempt on Jesse.

It was a great episode all round before we even got to the climax, Walt continues to be a complete Struggling Background Artist, saying Hank wasn't his family was such a cüntish thing to say, I'm looking forward to Hank eventually catching him, he's the centre of the show now for me. Hank showed some great chops in the scene with his wife and Jesse was also great in the Hospital scene.

I don't know that I'd say this show is impossible to predict, in the long run yes it is impossible but things like Walt getting rid of his new assistant, the bullet proof vest being tested on the gun salesman and the special bullet could be seen coming a mile away, although they don't exactly seem to try to hide that, it's so they can mess with your expectations, like with the Elevator doors, I too was nervous whenever they opened.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Wed May 05, 2010 1:59 am

This episode was good enough to be a season finale. Hank is the very embodiment of integrity. Something Walt lacks when tested.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri May 07, 2010 5:36 pm

I can't read anything past the first few posts of the thread since I've only just started watching the show (thanks to RaulMonkey's in-person recommendation when he was in town)...

Let me just get some praise done with and put aside: the show is terrific through and through, there is a surprising amount of depth in even the more "minor" characters. Notably Walter's brother in law Hank, who you guess would be some sort of comic relief type character, but as it turns out even he has some dimension to him.

If I'd known the Malcolm in the Middle dad was the lead in this I totally woulda started watching the show much sooner!

Now, 4 episodes in and I started to think you all were a bunch of masochists for watching Breaking Bad. The show is a real downer, I can't remember another show that depressed me as much as this has, no matter how well it's done.

Of course that hasn't stopped me from watching, I've just finished the 6th episode. So while Walter is dealing with his cancer, and we are very graphically treated to all that entails, at least the meth cooking operations have resumed and not everything in the show is as bleak as those first 4 episodes.

What I love most are the little character details that at the same time seem so new and yet so real. Most notably when Walter discovers that a piece of the broken plate is missing, and he says something like "Why are you doing this to me?"

I think we have all totally had moments exactly like that, where basically some little thing is off and all of a sudden you have a situation to deal with that you really really did not want, or were not prepared, to deal with. Or am I just crazy? :D

Anyways, it's a great show but god damn if it doesn't make me wanna kill myself. Not for the faint of heart!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby klinteastwood on Fri May 07, 2010 6:58 pm

love this show..the last episode was awesome..Hanks standoff with the Twins was excellent..the ending was very Tarantino..dont know if thats on purpose or not
klinteastwood
GLIB

Postby Maui on Fri May 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:
What I love most are the little character details that at the same time seem so new and yet so real. Most notably when Walter discovers that a piece of the broken plate is missing, and he says something like "Why are you doing this to me?"

Wait til you see Walt meticulously preparing his peanut butter/jelly sandwiches in season 3. :shock:
Maui
WoWie

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sat May 08, 2010 2:15 am

Maui wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:

Wait til you see Walt meticulously preparing his peanut butter/jelly sandwiches in season 3. :shock:

or Hank's elevator of solitude, Jesse's answering machine obsession or Skylar's love of heated floors.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby TonyWilson on Mon May 10, 2010 9:11 am

Just got done watching Ep 10 from season 2, that final moment (set to TVOTR's DLZ - a more perfect song for this show does not exist) gave me full body chills, holy shit that was amazing, just stunning.

"Stay out of my territory"

Possibly the second best TV show I've ever seen.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby papalazeru on Wed May 12, 2010 7:06 pm

Season 3 Ep 08.

Oh. My. God!

There were some great moments in there.

I do however have a problem,

Great scene at the end with Chicken man and the phone call to the cartel. I would have loved if one of them said, 'NO ME TOCES LOS HUEVOS'...that would have cracked me up.

And also, if Chicken man is so careful, why does he make the call, listen to the assasination then just snap the phone in two? Surely that would just break the screen but the phone would still be intact and trackable because all GPS phones still work even work even when off, you have to take the battery out to make them untrackable (and still are until the extra PSU runs out). Then he goes and tosses it in a bin. Boy! He's careful.

papalazeru

Postby Maui on Wed May 12, 2010 9:20 pm

papalazeru wrote:
And also, if Chicken man is so careful, why does he make the call, listen to the assasination then just snap the phone in two? Surely that would just break the screen but the phone would still be intact and trackable because all GPS phones still work even work even when off, you have to take the battery out to make them untrackable (and still are until the extra PSU runs out). Then he goes and tosses it in a bin. Boy! He's careful.

I'm guessing it's a prepaid mobile phone.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat May 15, 2010 12:53 pm

I'm all caught up, great show, but still depressing as fuck.

****SPOILERS up to episode 8 of season 3****

I agree that the twins were a bit over the top with their constant scowls and (almost) never talking.

The Tio backstory was kinda cool though, but I think they only decided later on that he would have been a former cartel bigshot. When we'd first seen him he was chilling in some decrepit shack in the middle of nowhere, left to his own filth and devices. One would think that if he was still held in such high esteem that the cartel could afford to put one dude in a nice private domicile with a full-time attending nurse. I have the same issue with the RV backstory... it doesn't really mesh with how that part of the show actually played out in the first season, but this is really just a very minor problem.

At this point I can't imagine how anyone can view Walt as anything but the villain of the series. A tragic, multi-layered villain, but definitely not the good guy anymore. It's an amazing reversal and it's also obvious to me that's what the show creators had in mind right from the get go. Kudos to them for ballsy storytelling.

Jesse's calls to the answering machine were heartbreaking, but his time to shine is yet to come. I think he realized when he was talking to Walt in the hospital that his true cause of pain wasn't Hank at all, but Walt himself. And that's why he accepted the "partnership," Jesse will be integral to Walt's downfall. Or at least he's gonna make a big play to that end.

I really like the introduction of Gus to the show, his inclusion has been terrific so far. I might be reaching a bit, but my view of his turning on the cartel was that it was something he'd been thinking about in some form or another since the beginning of their mutual "understanding." So why does employing Walt become a catalyst for Gus's betrayal of the cartel? The only thing I can think of is that Gus was finally in a position to produce a product of such outstanding quality that the increased profit margin on meth production makes the betrayal economically attractive. Basically he is getting big enough to push those pesky cartel people out of the equation.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby papalazeru on Thu May 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:I'm all caught up, great show, but still depressing as fuck.

****SPOILERS up to episode 8 of season 3****

I agree that the twins were a bit over the top with their constant scowls and (almost) never talking.

The Tio backstory was kinda cool though, but I think they only decided later on that he would have been a former cartel bigshot. When we'd first seen him he was chilling in some decrepit shack in the middle of nowhere, left to his own filth and devices. One would think that if he was still held in such high esteem that the cartel could afford to put one dude in a nice private domicile with a full-time attending nurse. I have the same issue with the RV backstory... it doesn't really mesh with how that part of the show actually played out in the first season, but this is really just a very minor problem.

At this point I can't imagine how anyone can view Walt as anything but the villain of the series. A tragic, multi-layered villain, but definitely not the good guy anymore. It's an amazing reversal and it's also obvious to me that's what the show creators had in mind right from the get go. Kudos to them for ballsy storytelling.

Jesse's calls to the answering machine were heartbreaking, but his time to shine is yet to come. I think he realized when he was talking to Walt in the hospital that his true cause of pain wasn't Hank at all, but Walt himself. And that's why he accepted the "partnership," Jesse will be integral to Walt's downfall. Or at least he's gonna make a big play to that end.

I really like the introduction of Gus to the show, his inclusion has been terrific so far. I might be reaching a bit, but my view of his turning on the cartel was that it was something he'd been thinking about in some form or another since the beginning of their mutual "understanding." So why does employing Walt become a catalyst for Gus's betrayal of the cartel? The only thing I can think of is that Gus was finally in a position to produce a product of such outstanding quality that the increased profit margin on meth production makes the betrayal economically attractive. Basically he is getting big enough to push those pesky cartel people out of the equation.

'Caught up'
Ha!

The show moves like the clappers. You're missing out so much.

Lastest ep

Jess + Drug Rehab = Brilliance!

I can't begin, or continue to talk about this show.

Thanks Maui for the Recommendation, I would never have known unless you pointed me in this direction

papalazeru

Postby Maui on Mon May 24, 2010 1:10 am

That fly has got some skillz, yo.

A very powerful episode tonight and quite possibly my favourite of season 3. What, 2 more shows to go?
Maui
WoWie

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon May 24, 2010 8:20 am

Maui wrote:That fly has got some skillz, yo.

A very powerful episode tonight and quite possibly my favourite of season 3. What, 2 more shows to go?

Rian Johnsons directing was phenomenal last night.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby papalazeru on Mon May 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Maui wrote:That fly has got some skillz, yo.

A very, very powerful ep. Tense too, especially for a 45 minute duologue.

For a moment there I thought it was another comedy genius moment like the first series, where you have all those wonderful Walk and Jesse fail moments but then comes the twist. I love the way it's bound Jesse to Walt....now, it's when he tells the truth and how Jesse takes it, as Jesse admitted that that moment saved his life. That will be interesting.

This show really is the unsung hero of modern TV and I think it will stand up as a classic in years to come.

papalazeru

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue May 25, 2010 2:15 am

While I appreciated the character moments, I felt the show lost a bit of steam the past couple of episodes. Maybe it's because I'm now waiting a week between episodes, but I think the Fly was my least favorite of the season, possibly the series so far.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Maui on Tue May 25, 2010 10:56 am

Pacino86845 wrote:While I appreciated the character moments, I felt the show lost a bit of steam the past couple of episodes. Maybe it's because I'm now waiting a week between episodes, but I think the Fly was my least favorite of the season, possibly the series so far.

Why didn't you like My Dinner with Andre in the Meth Lab? It's true that the pace has slowed down for the past 2 episodes but we have to remember, the twins are dead, Gus is in control, and Hank's in ICU - there has to be a calm before the storm and the shit is going to hit the fan soon. Each week after Breaking Bad airs I like to scan the Breaking Bad Fan page on FB. There's always rave reviews, good insights and the occasional moronic post. Anyhoo, this past week there was an overwhelming response to The Fly episode. So many comments like, worst episode ever, boring, lame, we need more action. Just really surprised me that viewers can't realign for this dramatic (non action) episode that clearly was needed to readdress Walt and Jesse's relationship, answer questions, and tease us some more. It was also a nice setup for the missing meth.
Maui
WoWie

Postby John-Locke on Tue May 25, 2010 6:02 pm

Don't get me wrong, I really liked this episode and the way it settled some things for Walt & Jesse and refocused the show on our main two characters...

But

It felt like (well it was) what we in the UK call a "Two-Hander" and as someone who's been forced to watch Eastenders (our main BBC Primetime Soap Opera) for many years I've seen way too many of them in my time, I just don't like that technique, it feels too claustrophobic and static, it's bad enough when it's 30 minutes but over 45+ minutes it gets even more tedious.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Brit Pop on Tue May 25, 2010 7:55 pm

There was a funny scene in 'Fly' that looked to me it was borrowed from Pulp Fiction... did anyone spot it?
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial