Sleeper Cell

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Sleeper Cell

Postby Gatsu3 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:24 pm

OK since no one else is talking about it I will. This show is fantastic. Assuming the writers of that show are doing there research I’ve learned more about Islamic points of view and practices in four episodes than the last five years of "in-depth news" coverage. I think it’s the only show worth having Showtime for.
Gatsu3
GLIB

Postby Shane on Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:55 pm

I watched the first episode today.

I had no intrest from the previews, but it seems good. I'm going to watch more. Much better than I expected
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Mimekiller on Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:44 pm

I think the show looks interesting but it would take a heck of a lot more than one good show than for me to get HBO's inbred brother.
The Atom Bomb:Made in America, tested in Japan
Mimekiller
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Gatsu3 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:14 pm

All that channel needs is one really good show not saying this one is it but it is damn close. I mean hbo is good but its waaaaaay over hyped. I mean if you stop to think hbo is riding the fame from 2 shows sex in the city and sapranos other than that hbo isn't doing much in my opinion.
Gatsu3
GLIB

Postby Ensign9 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:26 pm

I love this show; just discovered it the other night OnDemand. Apparently it's just a one-shot, limited series deal, right? That kind of sucks, but it's good that they won't try to stretch out the concept long-term and dilute the episodes.

Great stuff.
Ensign9
GLIB

Postby jaydc2 on Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:20 pm

Oded Fayid who plays the main terrorist indicated there may be a second season on TVguide.com's podcast.
jaydc2
GLIB

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:29 am

It's a decent watch don't get me wrong, but I'm often left gobsmacked at how ricockulous some of it can be, such as the Surveillance Ops team trailing them from 5 feet behind and pulling a full U-Turn in a busy street to keep the tail, c'mon (and then just to underscore it, Darwyn pulls the same technique later in episode 3)

And for someone trying to keep his identity secret, Darwyn comes across as the most obvious narc I've seen for a while, with all his whining and not so subtle questioning. He's the sort of guy you'd love to play poker with.

I also keep thinking about the scene where the FBI and NSA and others (including a very silly looking head of ops, who cast that guy?) are having a meeting to discuss the case, and they all blatently spell out their affiliations and what not for the audience at home.

I'm only mentioning this stuff because of the tone it seems to be going for feels close to "The Wire", yet it somehow seems to deliver less than "24" some of the time.

It's good, but how this show got on the AFI's 2005 list is a little beyond me (Then again, there wasn't that much to choose form this year if i remember rightly)
The Anime Stock Exchange for all your anime tripe
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Shane on Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:50 am

Mimekiller wrote:I think the show looks interesting but it would take a heck of a lot more than one good show than for me to get HBO's inbred brother.

Ever since HBO got rid of Carnivale Showtime blows them out of the water
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:12 am

Okay, i'm just getting through my backlog of episode 4 now, and this is really getting silly.. i just can't take Darwyn seriously as an undercover agent

Not only does he always seem to stick out with his constant looks of disgust/disbelief of what they're doing, as opposed to the other members who are all casual or friendly with each other, NOW I'm seeing him having a casual debate with Farik on how not everything is good vs evil and how American soldiers in Iraq killing Muslims aren't all that bad..

And this is how you expect to get in deep and keep your cover with a Muslim extremist terror cell??

Yeesh.
The Anime Stock Exchange for all your anime tripe
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Ensign9 on Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:18 am

Anyone catch the finale? I thought it was pretty damn good, and it's obviously been left open for another season.
Ensign9
GLIB

Return to Coaxial