Skins

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Skins

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:52 pm

I recently started watching the British show SKINS and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the show. It is set around a group of Bristal living Teens and there daily lives, problems and friendships. What looks to be just another teen show apears to be a much more fleshed out drama. With great characters, writing and acting. It plays out the various teen themes like sex, drugs, alcohol and friendship in a fresh and honest way. Without going all preachy about it like so many art house movies tend to do. It is what it is and filters it with some good humour and places it in recognisable situations.

Anyone else watched this one? It comes highly recommended.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Bayouwolf on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:54 pm

FIRST?!?!?

Oops... sorry, wrong forum....

Is it available for download somewhere?
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby Evil Hobbit on Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:28 am

Bayouwolf wrote:FIRST?!?!?

Oops... sorry, wrong forum....

Is it available for download somewhere?

Of course, but the Dino is watching us closely so linking is out of the order. It's available on amazonas well for a good price!
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Evil Hobbit on Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:15 pm

Found out you can watch the entire season through Channel 4s 40D software. Acces through skins official myspace: http://www.myspace.com/e4skins2
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Re: Skins

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:01 pm

Watching it now. Pretty girls and pretty boys or plain out wankers. Just makes me feel like shit watching it really. I never got that attention from the pretty girls like that when I was their age. The only pretty I got was pretty depressing. Like watching it right now.

Good show though, nonetheless.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:44 pm

I had a hankering for British TV (and apparently British TV about teens) so I obtained the first series of this and Misfits.

I watched the first episode and was intrigued. It sometimes (ok most of the time) feels like shock for shocks sake, but I actually enjoyed it. The girl that plays Cassie cracked me up (is that bad?? I mean, she is fucked up, but in a funny way?).

I will certainly give the entire first series a shot.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:I had a hankering for British TV (and apparently British TV about teens) so I obtained the first series of this and Misfits.

I watched the first episode and was intrigued. It sometimes (ok most of the time) feels like shock for shocks sake, but I actually enjoyed it. The girl that plays Cassie cracked me up (is that bad?? I mean, she is fucked up, but in a funny way?).

Im actually finishing up series 4 now.

The first 2 seasons are great for what they are. The show is manipulative as hell. Its basically an afterschool special grittily amped up to the nth degree. All the actors do a decent job. My favorite in season one was cassie. You actually feel like they are all real people despite the cliched scenarios.

Seasons 3 and 4 are a completely different story.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:37 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:I had a hankering for British TV (and apparently British TV about teens) so I obtained the first series of this and Misfits.

The first 2 seasons are great for what they are. The show is manipulative as hell. Its basically an afterschool special grittily amped up to the nth degree. All the actors do a decent job. My favorite in season one was cassie. You actually feel like they are all real people despite the cliched scenarios.

A different story, how? As in, the absurd and the cliche overwhelm everything? I mean, my tolerance for absurdity is pretty high. I endured all seasons of Dawson's Creek and The OC.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

A different story, how? As in, the absurd and the cliche overwhelm everything? I mean, my tolerance for absurdity is pretty high. I endured all seasons of Dawson's Creek and The OC.

Yeah that pretty much says it all. You just can't connect with the second group of characters as much as they are all terrible.

Effy is hot though.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Wait, they change the cast? Aw, damn it!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:01 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:Wait, they change the cast? Aw, damn it!

everyone but one.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:06 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:

everyone but one.

Sigh.

That strategy has never worked out well. I guess I should have realized that Slumdog Millionaire wouldn't be returning...\

EDIT: SFG, have you watched the first series of Misfits?
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:32 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

everyone but one.

Sigh.

That strategy has never worked out well. I guess I should have realized that Slumdog Millionaire wouldn't be returning...\

Yeah. I enjoyed it. Series 2 looks promising as well.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:34 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

everyone but one.

Sigh.

Yeah. I enjoyed it. Series 2 looks promising as well.

Does it have a thread? I couldn't find one.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:52 pm

I dont think so.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:16 pm

so between 6 months to a year ago, i downloaded season 3 of skins. i did so because according to the interwebs, the guy that plays Super Hans from peep show is in it. i watched only the first episode before my attention became ensared by another show that made me feel less like i had wasted my high school years doing drugs instead of girls. so my question to the skins fans is: how long before super hans shows up, and is he funny enough to keep watching this show?
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Brocktune wrote:so between 6 months to a year ago, i downloaded season 3 of skins. i did so because according to the interwebs, the guy that plays Super Hans from peep show is in it. i watched only the first episode before my attention became ensared by another show that made me feel less like i had wasted my high school years doing drugs instead of girls. so my question to the skins fans is: how long before super hans shows up, and is he funny enough to keep watching this show?

Hes in 3rd episode or so. Whatever episode is titled Cook. No he's not worth it.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:45 pm

thanks bro. you just saved me a ton of time!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:48 pm

Brocktune wrote:thanks bro. you just saved me a ton of time!

There's another Peep Show character in Season 3 as well. ;)

Actually they have a ton of brit comedy actors in it in odd roles.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Ok watching episode 2, now. I totally love Cassie. Her facial expressions crack me up.

I just love how surprised she is by everything. She is too cute. But I can already see what you mean by the "afternoon special"-ness of the show.

EDIT: Ok, fuck me. This show totally has me by the balls. And if I have to endure more episodes of Cassie being pure awesome and that motherfucker Sid treating her like shit I will find the actor that plays him and I will take his balls. Granted, I will be like 3 years too late, but fuck it. Jeez.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:33 am

Leckomaniac wrote:Ok watching episode 2, now. I totally love Cassie. Her facial expressions crack me up.

I just love how surprised she is by everything. She is too cute. But I can already see what you mean by the "afternoon special"-ness of the show.

EDIT: Ok, fuck me. This show totally has me by the balls. And if I have to endure more episodes of Cassie being pure awesome and that motherfucker Sid treating her like shit I will find the actor that plays him and I will take his balls. Granted, I will be like 3 years too late, but fuck it. Jeez.

I honestly think the actress that plays her is great. She could have easily been cartoonish but instead feels completely real.

Yeah they basically fuck you as a viewer. The show manipulates the hell out of you. Be prepared Lecko be prepared.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:18 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:Ok watching episode 2, now. I totally love Cassie. Her facial expressions crack me up.

I honestly think the actress that plays her is great. She could have easily been cartoonish but instead feels completely real.

Yeah they basically fuck you as a viewer. The show manipulates the hell out of you. Be prepared Lecko be prepared.

Seriously, this show absolutely loses my interest when Cassie is not on the screen.

What the fuck is going on in England where a dude in group therapy at a psychiatric institute can be a substitute teacher? And my heavens was that guy working with Mad Twatter playing a long game? He had to hang at that party the whole night and get those two alone together to lead them outside. And why the fuck is she carrying her instrument with her to a fucking night club?

But my heavens do I love Cassie. I am so smitten it isn't funny. I hate that this show has me already. Damn it!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:31 am

I gotta admit I kinda hate this show, probably for reasons similar to Brocktune (seriously this show makes me feel like I missed out big time on being a teenager). But I do adore Misfits, I don't think there's enough interest to warrant a new thread, so I might make this a Teen Traumas:Skins & Misfits thread. What say you?
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:33 am

TonyWilson wrote:I gotta admit I kinda hate this show, probably for reasons similar to Brocktune (seriously this show makes me feel like I missed out big time on being a teenager). But I do adore Misfits, I don't think there's enough interest to warrant a new thread, so I might make this a Teen Traumas:Skins & Misfits thread. What say you?

There was barely enough interest to keep a Skin thread going until yesterday. So that is fine with me.

EDIT: And seriously, this show makes it look like being a teenager in England is the most fun thing in the world.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:37 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:I gotta admit I kinda hate this show, probably for reasons similar to Brocktune (seriously this show makes me feel like I missed out big time on being a teenager). But I do adore Misfits, I don't think there's enough interest to warrant a new thread, so I might make this a Teen Traumas:Skins & Misfits thread. What say you?

There was barely enough interest to keep a Skin thread going until yesterday. So that is fine with me.

EDIT: And seriously, this show makes it look like being a teenager in England is the most fun thing in the world.

Yeah all the shit they do totally does look fun as hell though there is a large amount of sadness to the entire proceedings which makes it worthwhile.

The MTV remake is going to blow balls because they are going to glamourize everything without showing the ramifications of their actions.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:43 am

Ewwwwww.

An MTV remake? Absolutely count me out.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:51 am

Leckomaniac wrote: And seriously, this show makes it look like being a teenager in England is the most fun thing in the world.

The inbetweeners is a bit more realistic. Sadly for me anyway..... :oops:

...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:13 pm

I absolutely cannot take this. What. The. Fuck. is wrong with Sid? Why does he insist on being such an asshole to Cassie? This is maddening. Absolutely fucking maddening.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:I absolutely cannot take this. What. The. Fuck. is wrong with Sid? Why does he insist on being such an asshole to Cassie? This is maddening. Absolutely fucking maddening.

Hes just an idiot.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:14 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:I absolutely cannot take this. What. The. Fuck. is wrong with Sid? Why does he insist on being such an asshole to Cassie? This is maddening. Absolutely fucking maddening.

Hes just an idiot.

Ok, I finished Series 1. A little less maddening, but not much. Cassie rocks. The show is infinitely better when she is on screen. Sid is still a wanker, but whatever I just kind of go with it.

That ending just reeks of fucking melodramatic bollocks. I can seriously envision those fucking writers with impish grins on their faces imagining how dramatic that was going to be. So incredibly unnecessary. On to the second Series!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:46 pm

lecko, if you make it to season 3, ill be very keen to observe your reaction.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Brocktune wrote:lecko, if you make it to season 3, ill be very keen to observe your reaction.

I hope not to disappoint! Watching the first episode of series 2, now!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:02 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

Hes just an idiot.

Ok, I finished Series 1. A little less maddening, but not much. Cassie rocks. The show is infinitely better when she is on screen. Sid is still a wanker, but whatever I just kind of go with it.

That ending just reeks of fucking melodramatic bollocks. I can seriously envision those fucking writers with impish grins on their faces imagining how dramatic that was going to be. So incredibly unnecessary. On to the second Series!

It's like hmm how can we actually make tony likeable? Lets hit him by a bus in front of his sister!!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:54 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:

Hes just an idiot.

It's like hmm how can we actually make tony likeable? Lets hit him by a bus in front of his sister!!

Yeah. Totally fucking silly. It reeks of "it is the season finale, we need to be edgy and crazy so that we ensure ratings for next series!" And the thing is, Tony was on his way to becoming likable. Maybe he would never be a stand up guy, but he was on his way. And it would have made for a much more satisfying arc if he made it there on his own without all this bullshit.

Furthermore, this stalker bullshit is just beyond stupid. But I will be damned if I don't stick around merely for Cassie and Sid. Episode three, which I just finished, was the first decent ep of the second series. I honestly did not see that coming and it was solid all around. But that last scene...WTF?!?!?! Why must these asshole torture me.

These writers are kind of shit, but they really know how to mess with my head RE: Cassie.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Are they fucking serious? Is this seriously happening?

FUCK. THIS. SHOW.

This shit makes no sense and the decisions of the characters serve no purpose beyond wanting to totally fuck with you. Manipulating is an understatement SFG. Why is it that EVER FUCKING SHOW ON THE HISTORY OF PLANET has to pair somebody close to a character dying with a fucking awful life choice. Seriously, my dad is still alive, but when he does pass away am I required to make an absolutely awful life choice shortly after? Is that my obligation? Because every character on every show since the beginning of time certainly has.

If this show had a face I would punch it. I would punch this show in the face.

EDIT: Sigh. And they pull me right back in. I will give them this, they certainly get to a place where it is...if not ideal at least acceptable. The path they take is often nonsensical and utterly rubbish, but the destination is often in the ball park. The Tony ep was tops and the Effy ep was satisfying. Hopefully, the series finishes decent enough.

The actors are really the only thing carrying the show. I am really dreading this cast change. I can't imagine a different cast with the same shit writing.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:52 am

Get back to me when you start series 3 ;)
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Heh.

I love this running diary of my reactions to this damn show. I have three episodes left in Series 2.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:00 pm

I have finished series 2. I must say the series ended rather strongly. It meandered about to begin with, but I think it rallied impressively. I am a bit torn on the lack of resolution between Sid and Cassie. I mean, I think the implication was there, but I would have enjoyed seeing them reconnect.

My favorite part had to have been the final embrace of Tony and Sid. Good stuff all around. Now on to the dreaded series 3!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:I have finished series 2. I must say the series ended rather strongly. It meandered about to begin with, but I think it rallied impressively. I am a bit torn on the lack of resolution between Sid and Cassie. I mean, I think the implication was there, but I would have enjoyed seeing them reconnect.

My favorite part had to have been the final embrace of Tony and Sid. Good stuff all around. Now on to the dreaded series 3!

I liked the Sid/Cassie ending. I would like to believe hed find her.

As for series 3 the characters arent remotely as good nor the writing (which was never great to begin with). The 4th series is the worst writing/plot wise.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:55 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:I have finished series 2. I must say the series ended rather strongly. It meandered about to begin with, but I think it rallied impressively. I am a bit torn on the lack of resolution between Sid and Cassie. I mean, I think the implication was there, but I would have enjoyed seeing them reconnect.

I liked the Sid/Cassie ending. I would like to believe hed find her.

As for series 3 the characters arent remotely as good nor the writing (which was never great to begin with). The 4th series is the worst writing/plot wise.

Right, I think they find each other, but selfishly I would have liked to have seen it.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Ok, so I have watched the first ep and the first 10 minutes of the second ep of Series 3. What is with the numerous fart jokes? I mean, honestly?
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Ok, last ep of Series 3 coming up.

The new characters are all fairly bland. Not nearly as successful as the first batch. Given that, the show simply meanders around in mediocre teen angst territory. That is all well and good, I can handle that. But there were some overwhelmingly offensive bits of bad. The twin story was rubbish. The fight at the ball was absurd. The gangster shit was stupid. I mean, come on they could have done without that. Same with Effy hitting Twin #1 with a rock. Stupid.

Series 3 is exceedingly over-the-top and at times awful. Too bad, because I think they could have had something. Oh, and I should probably add that a lot of what happens in Series 3 is entirely nonsensical. Not just the situations (although those are nonsensical) but mostly the character's decisions. There are times when they entirely ignore growth from one episode to the other. It happened a few times with the first group, but it is nearly every episode in Series 3.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:00 pm

Ok. Done with Series 4 and I have to ask: are these writers fucking touched in the head?

Series 3 was a hackneyed mess. There were bits I liked, but on the whole it was brutal. And then they started Series 4 and I actually really, really, really liked it. I honestly felt that they made some real strides. It wasn't brilliant, but it was a definite improvement and the decisions weren't so fucking whacked out. It all had a sort of logic to it.

And then they bring in the fucking psychiatrist. Are you fucking kidding me? That has to be one of the most fucking silly, absurd, nonsensical, insert adjective here creative choices I have ever seen. They should be embarrassed that they did this. It is worse than Tony getting hit with a bus or Effy hitting that bitch with a rock. I am baffled and saddened at the total creative deficiencies that led to that ending.

So what did I like about that new characters?

-Cook. What a great character. I love that dude. From start to finish.
-The Freddie/Effy/Cook stuff (for the most part).
-Thomas

That is really about it. But boy did I love Cook.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:Ok. Done with Series 4 and I have to ask: are these writers fucking touched in the head?

Series 3 was a hackneyed mess. There were bits I liked, but on the whole it was brutal. And then they started Series 4 and I actually really, really, really liked it. I honestly felt that they made some real strides. It wasn't brilliant, but it was a definite improvement and the decisions weren't so fucking whacked out. It all had a sort of logic to it.

And then they bring in the fucking psychiatrist. Are you fucking kidding me? That has to be one of the most fucking silly, absurd, nonsensical, insert adjective here creative choices I have ever seen. They should be embarrassed that they did this. It is worse than Tony getting hit with a bus or Effy hitting that bitch with a rock. I am baffled and saddened at the total creative deficiencies that led to that ending.

-Thomas

I FUCKING HATED COOK. He was an utter cliche and the actor never really imbued him with any sense of soul.

As for series 4 I hated that we are supposed to care about the suicide of character we only just met. Ummm not quite. That had such an effect on the storylines for the series that really it couldnt even recover.

Effys "madness" was a bit overplayed and not that convincing.

JJ I felt was bad at first but liked when he started exerting himself more.

Anyway Im hoping series 5 is better.

Series 1 and 2 broke my fn heart. 3 and 4 never really had that emotional involvement again.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:58 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:Ok. Done with Series 4 and I have to ask: are these writers fucking touched in the head?

-Thomas

I FUCKING HATED COOK. He was an utter cliche and the actor never really imbued him with any sense of soul.

As for series 4 I hated that we are supposed to care about the suicide of character we only just met. Ummm not quite. That had such an effect on the storylines for the series that really it couldnt even recover.

Effys "madness" was a bit overplayed and not that convincing.

JJ I felt was bad at first but liked when he started exerting himself more.

Anyway Im hoping series 5 is better.

Series 1 and 2 broke my fn heart. 3 and 4 never really had that emotional involvement again.

You didn't like Cook? Man, I thought he was great. I just loved how he was a man of action. From the moment he is introduced until the very end. He is probably the most consistently written character of the series, IMO. I think the payoffs are there, but he is never really redeemed...just kind of understood. But I suppose we will have to disagree on that one.

As for Effy, well she was always a mess. From the first series onward she was a mess. I am sorry, but with all the shit she went through her madness had to have been coming. The whole show is overplayed, so I am not going to harp on that too much.

The girl that committed suicide...I thought it was an interesting device, but I think it penetrated too far into the lives of the characters. I was hoping that the death would just kind of be a catalyst for the feelings of the characters, but using it as a wedge between the Emily and Naomi and then using it to nail Cook just seemed overkill. I thought it could have worked, but as usual with this show the execution was bollocks.

JJ was a character I went back and forth with. I never really hated him, but I never really got attached.

I really NEVER liked Pandora or Katie.

And I agree, I never had the emotional involvement that I did with Tony/Sid and Cassie. And really Chris, too. He was a fun character. But I honestly came close with Cook.

My biggest complaint with Series 3 and 4 was that instead of just being about the fucked up goings on of teenagers in England, it reached for huge and ridiculous plots. I mean, Series 1 + 2 were all drugs and sex. The bus accident was absurd and so was Sketch, but it never hit the levels of later episodes.

I can't imagine what Series 5 could possibly have in store. Will it be a new cast?
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:29 am

Yeah it should have a new cast again when it comes back.

Maybe I just knew too many Boston wannabe Oi punk douchebags growing up that I am automatically disposed to hating on that type of crap ala Cook.

And Effy was always strange even in the first series but I think they end up tying it too much to her parents and their issues and she is way more messed up than just that.

Pandora I did think was funny sometimes but ultimately forgettable and lets not speak of the waste that was Thomas.

Series 3 and 4 just went way over the top with gang shit and the suicide and it just came off as laughable. They didnt need to wrap the characters up ridiculous storylines to bring drama if that had kept it grounded in some sense of reality it would have worked much better.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:37 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:Yeah it should have a new cast again when it comes back.

Maybe I just knew too many Boston wannabe Oi punk douchebags growing up that I am automatically disposed to hating on that type of crap ala Cook.

And Effy was always strange even in the first series but I think they end up tying it too much to her parents and their issues and she is way more messed up than just that.

Pandora I did think was funny sometimes but ultimately forgettable and lets not speak of the waste that was Thomas.

Series 3 and 4 just went way over the top with gang shit and the suicide and it just came off as laughable. They didnt need to wrap the characters up ridiculous storylines to bring drama if that had kept it grounded in some sense of reality it would have worked much better.

I agree with this entirely.

Thomas had his moments, I think, but the cast was just so HUGE that he often got lost in the mix.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:42 am

Tony from Skins was cast as Hank McCoy in Xmen First Class.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:Tony from Skins was cast as Hank McCoy in Xmen First Class.

Dont forget him in About A Boy!

Good choice though.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Series 5 Cast!

Looks like a lot of the same "looks" from previous series, especially among the boys cast.

Hopefully it is a return to Series 1 form!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Next

Return to Coaxial