Bryan Fuller's The Lotus Caves for Sy(ci)Fy(i)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Bryan Fuller's The Lotus Caves for Sy(ci)Fy(i)

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Source

Andy Patrick wrote:Always with the flora, that one: Pushing Daisies creator Bryan Fuller, I’ve learned exclusively, has just sealed a deal with Syfy to adapt The Lotus Caves for the small screen.

The Lotus what now?

The Lotus Caves—it’s an uberpopular book by syfy… er, sci-fi novelist John Christopher. In it, rebellious lunar colonists dare to take a peek beyond their borders and discover a bunch of brainiac aliens living in the caves of the title.

Anyhoo, Fuller, who also brought Dead Like Me to life, will co-write the script with fellow Daisies gardener Jim Grey.

Thoughts? My first one is “Yay!” Curiously, that’s also my second one. Your turn. Go!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Re: Bryan Fuller's The Lotus Caves for Sy(ci)Fy(i)

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:04 pm

There you go, Sci-Fi take a step in the right direction! Not that I know anything about the book, but from that blurb this project sounds fascinating.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Fievel on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:42 pm

I'll give it a go. Sounds good!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:45 pm

If Fuller is in control I will definitely give it a watch. Ive loved all the shows he's created thus far.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:48 pm

I never saw Wonderfalls, but Pushing Daisies was so unique and entertaining that I'll always give him a chance.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:59 pm

Fievel wrote:I never saw Wonderfalls, but Pushing Daisies was so unique and entertaining that I'll always give him a chance.

You should totally watch Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me (Fuller was only on first season because there were problems with Showtime and the shows production company).

Snarky female leads FTW!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby minstrel on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:14 am

Sounds ok. It would be a nice stretch for SyFy to put on something that isn't some giant spider/killer crocodile/dinosaur/dinocroc completely-worthless shitty excuse for a monster movie.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:33 am

Hey SyFy are producing some good shows. Let us not forget BSG started as a mini-series. And SGU has actually been entertaining. Recruiting Bryan Fuller can only lead to good things.

Wonderfalls was excellent and was cut criminally short. Dead Like Me had such awesome potential, but Showtime botched it up (Fuller has outlined in interviews his plans for that series...bloody brilliant, but alas...), and Pushing Daisies was a revelation that was doomed by the writer's strike. Let us also not forget that Fuller gave us some of the best that Heroes had to offer.

So, yeah, bring it on. I am total Fuller fanboy. I would like to add that I met him at Comic Con just after he showed the world premier of the Pushing Daisies pilot. He was wondering the floor looking for back issues. The dude is a bonafide geek, a really nice dude, and a talented writer.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Lotus Caves... that sounds dirty.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Return to Coaxial