UP

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Re: UP

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:07 pm

i dunno, i still think that old guy going up in the balloon was just a hoax so he could get a reality tv show.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Oh, you!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:28 am

Ribbons wrote:I don't know. I just like the idea of the rest of the pack all cowering in fear from some dog with a tiny, Munchkin-on-helium voice.

It worked for Mike Tyson.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:35 pm

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Finally saw this last night. Great movie.
And for the first time a Pixar film truly hit the mark emotionally for me, the viewer. Sure, some other Pixar films may have elicited a "Awwww" or perhaps even a "oh my!" response, but the opening montage by itself had more emotional depth than anything I had seen come out of the Mouse House or Pixar since I first saw Bambi*.

* I still haven't seen Wall-E** and will never see Cars.

** I put the BluRay of this on my Christmas list thinking it would be a gimme to receive on Christmas...... nope.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:17 pm

John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Peven on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:28 pm

some people have way too much free time on their hands....but that is ok when they use it to put together something like that :lol:

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:30 pm

John-Locke wrote:

Turned off halfway through in disgust.

From knowing very little about this film as it's a cartoon which I generally don't care for, I finally came around about it and was, er, up for seeing Up! But then I realised from this trailer that it actually was a remake of an actual Disney live action movie all along? Really pisses me off. I know i rant on about remakes and se/prequelitis all the time but it is for a good reason. Now I can see how bad it's really gotten. You know cartoons have the ability to be about ANYTHING they want as no story or scenario is impossible, so why do remakes? Never been done has it? But now you're all telling me that the must see Pixar movie of the last year or so was a fucking remake all along?

Fuck off am I seeing this now. You guys really have shit taste, I'm gonna say it.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:36 pm

I will never, ever watch this movie again. Most depressing animated adventure comedy ever.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Peven on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:37 pm

actually, I wouldn't mind seeing some arm of Disney mining the sensibilities of the live-action kids' movies of the 70's, like "No Deposit, No Return", "Bedknobs and Broomsticks", "The Apple Dumpling Gang", etc.

and Fievel, it is a crime that you haven't seen "Wall E" yet, one of Pixar's best, imo, but then I am also a huge fan of "Finding Nemo", which was also a Stanton-directed Pixar flick

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:44 pm

I hated The Incredibles. 'Family Values' -
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- Fuck off!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:51 pm

who was talking about "The Incredibles"? I do think it is the most over-rated Pixar movie, as I have said here before. it is better than "Cars", of course, but then "Cars" doesn't get the praise heaped upon it the way "The Incredibles" did. until "Cars 2" is released "The Incredibles" owns the 2nd to last spot on my own Pixar movie rating bar graph....

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Oh yeh, kirk heaven forfend a film that presents a cohrent family unit that learns from each other, supports each other, instills value of fairness (yes really BB isn't anywhere near and Ayn Randy as some people may think), justice and community. Yeah fuck that.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Peven on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:06 pm

I grew up on a diet of that Disney sappy, corny, family-values stuff and i think that there was nothing wrong with it, either. just look at how kids love SpongeBob to see evidence of where a sense of innocent joy in life is something that kids naturally embrace.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:22 pm

Family Values in movies can be OK, if done in a certain way. But done in another way, you can ruin a movie. Case in point, some of Spielberg's films. And The Incredibles.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:31 pm

when it comes across as too by-the-numbers or calculatingly manipulative then it does end up detracting from the movie, i agree. the reason why "The Incredibles" didn't really do it for me is that the movie never really got me invested in the family unit to begin with, and then using Baby Jack the way it did to help save the day was something i think everyone could see coming a mile away. frankly, i think "Spy Kids" did a better job with that same story theme....

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:50 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:I will never, ever watch this movie again. Most depressing animated adventure comedy ever.

and yet it's still too happy and cheerful for kirks.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Previous

Return to Animation