Cougar Town

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Cougar Town

Postby braddavery on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Is anyone else pissed about this? That show was great! Besides Modern Family, I'm officially boycotting ABC for making such a stupid decision. Cougar Town was one of the few well-written and funny shows I looked forward to every week. Truly a shame.
braddavery
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Re: Cougar Town canceled??? WTF???

Postby so sorry on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:02 pm

braddavery wrote:Is anyone else pissed about this?

Courtney Cox?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:06 pm

I just Googled and couldn't find any reference to it being outright canceled. Its time slot is being given up for the new Matthew Perry show.
If this show is canceled, I'd blame the title first and foremost.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby braddavery on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:20 pm

I just found out it is just being moved and will be back on April 18th. Thank god.
braddavery
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby so sorry on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:28 pm

I watched a few episodes of this over the past season. Couldn't really enjoy it.
They basically sit around and drink while blasting each other. Or at least that's all that registered with me.
So yeah, getting cancelled wouldn't have surprised me.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:28 pm

oh no! what are they gonna do now with all those cougars?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby The Garbage Man on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Ship 'em off to MILF Island.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Re: Cougar Town canceled??? WTF??? (actually not cancelled)

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:39 pm

the title is entirely misleading, and it is much more than what sosorry described it as being, that is for sure. it isn't great like "Community" and i pretty much can't stand the ex-Mrs Arquette in it...but overall it is a pretty damn funny show

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby The Vicar on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:12 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:Ship 'em off to MILF Island.

MILF Island? Let's pitch that bugger...
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby so sorry on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:39 am

Peven wrote:the title is entirely misleading

Agreed and fixed (Lord knows that as bad as the search function is here, we need to be as clear as possible with thread titles).

Peven wrote:and it is much more than what sosorry described it as being, that is for sure. it isn't great like "Community" and i pretty much can't stand the ex-Mrs Arquette in it...but overall it is a pretty damn funny show

If you say so... And isn't Courtney Cox the central character in this show? If you can't stand her then it must be tough for you to watch.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:11 am

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:the title is entirely misleading

Agreed and fixed (Lord knows that as bad as the search function is here, we need to be as clear as possible with thread titles).

Peven wrote:and it is much more than what sosorry described it as being, that is for sure. it isn't great like "Community" and i pretty much can't stand the ex-Mrs Arquette in it...but overall it is a pretty damn funny show

If you say so... And isn't Courtney Cox the central character in this show? If you can't stand her then it must be tough for you to watch.

i know it sounds contradictory....but yeah, I really despise her on the show, and yet the rest of the cast and the humor make it worth the watch. i think they started the series with the idea of making it about "cougars" but after the first few episodes stumbled on to a more successful formula, almost like a middle-aged "Friends", and have been stuck since with a title that really doesn't represent what the show is

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re: Cougar Town

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:36 pm

I always wanted to give it a chance, mostly because I love SCRUBS so much, but since it ran on several not so good timeslots over here and I'm not the biggest fan of relationship comedies, I just skipped it. Since a few weeks it now runs on an at least for me good timeslot (Mo-Fr 6:25pm), which gave me the chance to catch up with it. And damn, I love it ! It's hilarious! And I'm so glad that they ditched the dating comedy hook somewhere in the last third of season 1, because now, that it's only about a group of middle aged friends who are not afraid of acting silly, it's even better!
Y'know when the show really got me, though? It was early in season 1, when Cox and her neighbour were still just neighbours. The episode started with her, having a sex dream of him. Then she walked over to his house and told him about it, just to laugh it off with a "So what?! I got all the time sex dreams of people I know!" Any other other comedy would use (and unfortunately has already) this sex dream as the main plot for the episode, but here it was just a throw away joke. That's brillant! From this point on I knew that I was watching something special.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Return to Coaxial