Traffic Light

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Traffic Light

Postby geekgrrl on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Some of you may know this new comedy created by Adir Miler and adapted for American television by Bob Fisher as Mixed Signals. Frankly both titles suck but hey they never asked my opinion. Something which I strongly urge them to reconsider the next time they are faced with a creative decision. Traffic Light is about 3 buddies Mike, Adam, and Ethan all in different stages of their romantic lives.

Mike (David Denman) is the red light of the group or in this case the married guy with a new son who is so desperate for some me time that he hides out in his car watching movies. Adam (Nelson Franklin) is the yellow light, the one whose girlfriend has recently moved in with him and doesn’t quite know how to deal with what it all means. And lastly Ethan (Kris Marshall) is stereotypical single ladies man who is more interested in bedding a girl than dating her (which is hysterical in a completely non-humorous way considering the actor playing Ethan is not who I picture when I think ladies man).

Truth be told about 15 minutes in I found myself mentally tuning out. I was so tuned out that from the 15 minute mark to the 18 minute mark I could not for all the money in the world tell you what happened or what was said or who was in the scene and I rewound the scene three times before throwing in the towel.

http://lostinreviews.com/2011/02/traffic-light/
http://lostinreviews.com/ For those of us who live outside of normal
geekgrrl
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Re: Traffic Light

Postby Ribbons on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Yeah, I pretty much agree. I desperately wanted to like this show because I think it has an intriguing cast, but it basically plays like a slightly younger version of Rules of Engagement (hell, Kris Marshall even kind of looks like a British David Spade). Sections of the pilot were painful to watch. "I have great boobs!" That's supposed to be... funny? Edgy? By the time Mike and the wife whose meet-and-greet he skipped ended up in the same building(!!!), I was just counting the minutes until the episode was over.

Pilots can be a little shaky sometimes, so I've still got it set to record for the rest of the season (or however long it lasts) in the hopes that it finds its voice, but I'm not very confident that'll happen.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby geekgrrl on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:35 pm

The worst part about the show is not that it's bad because it's not it's that it is dull and it is hard to fix dull.
geekgrrl
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Ribbons on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Yeah, last night's episode was an improvement, but it was still kind of dull
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:26 pm

Tonight's episode of Traffic Light was pretty good, perhaps the first legitimately good episode of the season. ...yay!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bloo on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:25 am

Ribbons wrote:Tonight's episode of Traffic Light was pretty good, perhaps the first legitimately good episode of the season. ...yay!

agreed, tonights was really good
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby geekgrrl on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:01 am

I haven't seen it since the first 2 episodes. Although whenever I recordRaising Hope before it I always manage to record the first few minutes of Traffic Light and I have to admit it seems to be getting better. I may just have to check it out again and see if it has improved at all.

http://lostinreviews.com/2011/02/traffic-light/
geekgrrl
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Well, I just watched the final episode of Traffic Light EVAR!!! tonight (it was cancelled three weeks ago). You know, I'm not sure if it was ever all that great of a show, but I'm going to miss it. It had its moments and, like I said earlier in this thread, a cool ensemble. There was also something about the tone that I thought was interesting. Somebody feeling less charitable towards it would call that tone 'not funny,' but I'll go with deadpan. So I salute you, Traffic Light. Here's hoping the actors all find other work, at least.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bloo on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:02 am

I missed tonight's episode, hopefully they'll be a cheap DVD set, but I always got a laugh out of it. Though I hate that they kept advertisting it as a "season finale" instead of being upfront and telling the audience it was a series finale
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Return to Coaxial