The Buffy/Angel TV Movies

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby dark wesley on Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:41 am

yeah it would be great. but it could be a good few years till we see it happen.. i'd also love to see ripper, but who knows? ive never quite understood the wonder woman decision, but i guess if he digs the character he digs the character.
i wish my middle name was tiberius.
dark wesley
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:57 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Hmmmn, a warlocks knife might count for something. Generally I'll agree Joss can fit retro fit anything to work, but that's why he had killed Tara non mystically so she really could never return, I was thinking they did the same with Wes. A Ghost Wes would be funny to see though.

Buffy's mom died in the most non-mystical way possible (cranial bleed), and Dawn brought her back...as far as the door anyway. Who knows what was on the other side of that door?
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:59 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:Hmmmn, a warlocks knife might count for something. Generally I'll agree Joss can fit retro fit anything to work, but that's why he had killed Tara non mystically so she really could never return, I was thinking they did the same with Wes. A Ghost Wes would be funny to see though.

Buffy's mom died in the most non-mystical way possible (cranial bleed), and Dawn brought her back...as far as the door anyway. Who knows what was on the other side of that door?

FUCK BEANS
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:07 pm

TonyWilson wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:

FUCK BEANS

LOL, now granted, if they brought Wes back that way he'd probably be a drooling psychopath who keeps repeating "BRRRAAAAAIINNNNNSSSS" but that would be entertaining too, no?
Lord Voldemoo

Postby The Vicar on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:50 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I can't believe anyone is a fan of Kennedy.

She's like... The most irritating character EVER.

(well, she runs a close second to Dawn)

I was really hoping Kennedy would bite the big one in the great Sunnydale Smackoff...but Dawn's cute. Sure she was a bit whiney, but she'd only been human for a little while.

If Joss could get Dushku, Trachtenburg, AS Head, Marsters, Acker & the late WW Pryce ( sure he's dead, but who in the Buffyverse hasn't been at one point of another), I would certainly tune in. Dawn as a replacement Buffy would work, & you could always off her later if she's still annoying...
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby The Vicar on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:52 pm

Shit, I nearly forgot OZ. Must have Oz back as well. Hanigan is too busy with other offers to return.
The Vicar

Postby The Vicar on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:35 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:

FUCK BEANS

LOL, now granted, if they brought Wes back that way he'd probably be a drooling psychopath who keeps repeating "BRRRAAAAAIINNNNNSSSS" but that would be entertaining too, no?

The Tara issue was more actress than character oriented, so I've heard, which is why her character didn't return in that episode where "ghosts from the past" were revisiting people in the Buffyverse.

Wesley drowling & screaming 'brains?" What actor wouldn't want a slice of that action.....?
The Vicar

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:41 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:Buffy's mom died in the most non-mystical way possible (cranial bleed), and Dawn brought her back...as far as the door anyway. Who knows what was on the other side of that door?

Dawn brought her back as a zombie. They never show her, but that's what she was.

It's only a mystical death that they can revive, and personally I don't buy that a knife is mystical, warlock or otherwise. I think Wesley's very much gone.

Oh, and the only remaining urn of Osiris got destroyed by that biker gang in the Season Six premiere. It was the thing that could bring back the mystically dead. It's gone now, so there's no chance of brining anyone back.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:48 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:Buffy's mom died in the most non-mystical way possible (cranial bleed), and Dawn brought her back...as far as the door anyway. Who knows what was on the other side of that door?

Dawn brought her back as a zombie. They never show her, but that's what she was.

It's only a mystical death that they can revive, and personally I don't buy that a knife is mystical, warlock or otherwise. I think Wesley's very much gone.

Oh, and the only remaining urn of Osiris got destroyed by that biker gang in the Season Six premiere. It was the thing that could bring back the mystically dead. It's gone now, so there's no chance of brining anyone back.

I love you MW

I retract my FUCK BEANS.

It's now, FUCK YEAH!
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:51 pm

TonyWilson wrote:I love you MW

I retract my FUCK BEANS.

It's now, FUCK YEAH!

I love you too, Tony, but I still wouldn't open the door if this guy was behind it... Image
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:56 pm

TonyWilson wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:

I love you MW

I retract my FUCK BEANS.

It's now, FUCK YEAH!

Yeah she was a zombie, just as Wes would be some sort of Zombie if they brought him back in the same way. Never said otherwise. But was she a zombie like we generally think of? Who knows with magic. That's one of the best things about that story, you never see what's on the other side of that door. Anyway, if there were going to be a new show, and Wes wanted in and Joss wanted Wes in, he would be brought back, regardless of continuity issues.

That's the beauty of this type of show, you can explain anything away. Like "oh there are 5 million ubervamps who want to kill me, we have no chance, and Caleb is unbeatable...wait, unless I find this scythe and come up with a new spell no one has ever heard of and make a bunch of slayers..."
Lord Voldemoo

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:05 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:Yeah she was a zombie, just as Wes would be some sort of Zombie if they brought him back in the same way. Never said otherwise. But was she a zombie like we generally think of? Who knows with magic. That's one of the best things about that story, you never see what's on the other side of that door. Anyway, if there were going to be a new show, and Wes wanted in and Joss wanted Wes in, he would be brought back, regardless of continuity issues.

That's the beauty of this type of show, you can explain anything away. Like "oh there are 5 million ubervamps who want to kill me, we have no chance, and Caleb is unbeatable...wait, unless I find this scythe and come up with a new spell no one has ever heard of and make a bunch of slayers..."

I love it when you get all lawyery.

It's true that the show recorrects itself a number of times, but I honestly think Wes is gone. Gone, gone. It was a fitting end for the character. His story was told. I really don't think they need him to move forward, and I think there are plenty of other characters they'd probably go to first.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Previous

Return to Coaxial