The Gary Busey busy thread

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

The Gary Busey busy thread

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Please discuss all things awesome and crazy about the great, late, Gary Busey...

Gary when he was crazy and a bit zoned out in a world of his own, on camera at the Oscars...

Gary Busey in his Oscar nominated and even moving form as Buddy Holly...



People say Dumbledore Busey is crazy. But please remember that he had an accident a while back which affected him mentally and is on drugs because of it.

Also Gary Busey told you all how to get attention when you go into a bar. You go in all loud and say that you're a detective looking for someone!! I'm going into the toilet to find them! If you see the guy of my description, tell me when I come out, I'll nail him!

Anyway, the Gary discussion - get busy.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16580
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Re: The Gary Busey busy thread

Postby lastactionzombie on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:51 am

Don't mess with the gingerdead man!

User avatar
lastactionzombie
GLIB
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: The Gary Busey busy thread

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:34 am

Buddy Holly is his magnum opus, but sadly it's almost a forgotten performance now. He actually became Buddy Holly...in a variety of different ways.

He must've had a crappy agent or something, as after something like that it's hard to believe some of the films later.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13928
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: The Gary Busey busy thread

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:42 am

Yeah it is true. He wasn't just an actor who put on a wig and glasses and hey presto he was Buddy Holly just by that alone. If you can remember any of the actual singer when you watch the performance, yeah, so many tiny details of the guy, Gary Busey got down so identically. All throughout, with his own lifeforce of charm and energy. So when you see him say his final goodbye to his wife and you know it's the last she'll see of him, or when I just played that Youtube clip again or when the string instrumental of that song plays as the movie ends and freezes, and you feel that heaviness or a even a lump in your throat to the tragedy of it all, that all happens not just because of the story, but of Garey's embodiment and soul of the guy.

I do wonder how in the heck he seemed to climb down the ladder to do the crap or cheap stuff he did later on. Point Break - I'm looking at you. - "Utah - get me 2!!!" *2 fingers up and goofy teeth.* (My mate does a post on impression of that scene. I p**s myself everytime, so articulate!"
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16580
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Re: The Gary Busey busy thread

Postby Seppuku on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:59 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:I do wonder how in the heck he seemed to climb down the ladder to do the crap or cheap stuff he did later on.


I think he's got a bet going on with his son, Jake Busey, to see who can appear in the most craptacular DTV movies. Gary's holding his own, but I don't think he'll ever top Jake's Roadhouse 2 and The Hitcher 2.

My favourite Gary Busey scene is his little cameo in Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas. No other actor would have played that role quite like that. I think the idea of asking Depp for a Kiss at the end was his, too.

Otherwise, you gotta love him in Big Wednesday, especially when he's trying to dodge the draft by acting like...well, Gary Busey.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Re: The Gary Busey busy thread

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:03 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Yeah it is true. He wasn't just an actor who put on a wig and glasses and hey presto he was Buddy Holly just by that alone. If you can remember any of the actual singer when you watch the performance, yeah, so many tiny details of the guy, Gary Busey got down so identically. All throughout, with his own lifeforce of charm and energy. So when you see him say his final goodbye to his wife and you know it's the last she'll see of him, or when I just played that Youtube clip again or when the string instrumental of that song plays as the movie ends and freezes, and you feel that heaviness or a even a lump in your throat to the tragedy of it all, that all happens not just because of the story, but of Garey's embodiment and soul of the guy.

People talk about how Bobby Deniro escaped into his role in Raging Bull but Busey in Buddy Holly was right up there with it. He practically lived as Holly for duration, he dropped a load of weight, performed the songs live...an excellent portrayal of the man yet without going in an "impression".

I do wonder how in the heck he seemed to climb down the ladder to do the crap or cheap stuff he did later on. Point Break - I'm looking at you. - "Utah - get me 2!!!" *2 fingers up and goofy teeth.* (My mate does a post on impression of that scene. I p**s myself everytime, so articulate!"

Yeah...nowadays they get an Oscar nomination and they're practically set for top level career.

Busey just seemed to play that same Busey character for years.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13928
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Gary Busey LIVES!!!!

Postby TheButcher on Tue May 29, 2012 1:37 am

Web Address: http://www.TheRealBusey.com
Business Email: info@garybusey.com
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/therealbusey
Twitter: @THEGaryBusey
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Gary Busey LIVES!!!!

Postby so sorry on Tue May 29, 2012 8:44 am

TheButcher wrote:Web Address: http://www.TheRealBusey.com
Business Email: info@garybusey.com
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/therealbusey
Twitter: @THEGaryBusey



That picture on his web page....is it me or does he look like Joan Rivers?
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15420
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am


Return to Actor Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests