ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT (Season Motherfucking Four!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT (more movie talk)

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:48 pm

Ribbons wrote:Annyong?

Annyong!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Re:

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:13 am

papalazeru wrote:I just got through watching the Entire series for Nth time.

It still suprises me how funny and smart the show was.

I know the third series gets slate compared to the other 2 seasons but I'm having reservations about calling it the worst series.

Wee Britain was a weak idea but the jokes that surrounded series 3, which were set up by Wee Britain, were incredible. Mr F what an awesome running joke especially in the episode where they do the godzill impersinations and have the Japanese round.

Perfect comic timing.

I know they are proffesionals and all but....c'mon, how many times do you think they all cracked up? I bet it was too many to count.

The MR. F and Wee Britain storyline was worth it just for their odd choice to use it as a running joke referencing Being There. All culminating with the walk on water and probably one of my favorite and most patient call backs of the series.

Michael: Is that one of your tricks?
Gob: No Michael, that's not one of my tricks.

Followed by a black out for the episodes end, and then a quick return to scene.

Gob: That's one of my ILLUSIONS!

Thank goodness for Hulu, I just got to rewatch this series for my third time again and it still cracks me up.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Re: Re:

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:56 pm

Gheorghe Zamfir wrote:
The MR. F and Wee Britain storyline was worth it just for their odd choice to use it as a running joke referencing Being There. All culminating with the walk on water and probably one of my favorite and most patient call backs of the series.

Michael: Is that one of your tricks?
Gob: No Michael, that's not one of my tricks.

Followed by a black out for the episodes end, and then a quick return to scene.

Gob: That's one of my ILLUSIONS!

Thank goodness for Hulu, I just got to rewatch this series for my third time again and it still cracks me up.

I like how you can hear Tobias in the background- "WHY ISNT MY HEAD GOING UNDERWATER"
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TK-421 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:53 pm

I love Arrested Development, it's at the very top of my list. I have to watch them again soon though, I've only gone through them once so far.

The third season is not bad by any means, and the odd weak storyline is made up for by a wealth of intricately hilarious jokes in every episode. I really hope they manage to get the film up and running, this show definitely deserves some closure; even though the final episode managed to wrap it up pretty well.
TK-421
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby CeeBeeUK on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:01 pm

I've watched all three series of this (for the first time) in the last 10 days, and I would just like to say the I've made a horrible mistake.

In not watching it sooner! :D

Not being aware of the perceived dip of series 3, I loved all of it. The slow builds for jokes, C'MON! The 'everyone has a bad chicken impression' must have covered all three seasons! The brilliant use of in-jokes. The Home Builders Organisation don't want us? No, HBO passed, but it's Showtime! They reduced our order from 22 houses to 18? How is that going to work? We have the blueprints for all 22! (Narrator: They don't!)

So many well crafted episodes that need to be seen by everyone. I am immediately lending this to anyone in my office who will return my call!

10/10
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby papalazeru on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:08 pm

CeeBeeUK wrote:I've watched all three series of this (for the first time) in the last 10 days, and I would just like to say the I've made a horrible mistake.

In not watching it sooner! :D

Not being aware of the perceived dip of series 3, I loved all of it. The slow builds for jokes, C'MON! The 'everyone has a bad chicken impression' must have covered all three seasons! The brilliant use of in-jokes. The Home Builders Organisation don't want us? No, HBO passed, but it's Showtime! They reduced our order from 22 houses to 18? How is that going to work? We have the blueprints for all 22! (Narrator: They don't!)

So many well crafted episodes that need to be seen by everyone. I am immediately lending this to anyone in my office who will return my call!

10/10

Dammit! I missed those :(
I thought I'd found them all by now. That just gies me an excuse to rewatch.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:41 pm

They are finally showing it again here in Germany. Yes, they still treat it like shit* and only show it at 1 am, but that's what DVRs are for. It's one of the few perfect shows, where seriously everything fits so well together, behind and in front of the camera. I don't even mind the shaky pseudo-documentary cam, because they even used it as a joke from time to time!

*The first time when it aired they just stopped in the middle of Season 2 and never showed it again. This is the 2nd time the Germans can watch this great show.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Re: ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

Postby papalazeru on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:42 pm

I don't want the dream to die so I'm posting this

papalazeru

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 am

Maybe it's not quite so dead yet.

Imdb has this

papalazeru

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:03 am

Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby papalazeru on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:51 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Well looks like it might happen now...

Bob, please don't get my hopes up. This all sounds wonderful but it can all still be cancelled in a matter of moments.

papalazeru

Postby TonyWilson on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:37 am

New radiohead, new elder scrolls, new ASOIAF and new AD? 2011 is awesome.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby magicmonkey on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Looks like now is the time to get round to watching this.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Ribbons on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:15 am

It's official!

http://netflix.us.en.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=24309&item=88457

The Bluths Are Back and Only on Netflix
Twentieth Century Fox Television and Imagine Television Make Historic Deal With World's Leading Internet Subscription Service to Bring Classic Series "Arrested Development" Back to Production
America's Favorite Dysfunctional Family Returns For All New Episodes Premiering The First Half Of 2013

Nov 18, 2011

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Nov. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In a landmark deal, all new episodes of the Emmy Award-winning comedy series "Arrested Development" will be coming exclusively to Netflix for its U.S. members to watch instantly, beginning in 2013.

For the first time in their histories, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Imagine Television will produce original first-run entertainment content for the world's leading internet subscription service, bringing back the acclaimed series to production on all new episodes five years after its cancellation.

One of Time Magazine's "100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME," the tale of the formerly wealthy, deeply eccentric Bluth clan aired for three seasons, 2003-2006, on Fox and was honored with the Emmy award for Outstanding Comedy Series after its first season on the air.

"Arrested Development is one of the finest American comedies in TV history and its return through Netflix is a perfect example of how we are working closely with studios and networks to provide consumers with entertainment they love," said Ted Sarandos, Netflix Chief Content Officer.

"It's also a perfect example of how broad and successful our relationship has become with Fox as we work together with their film, television, international and digital divisions on several exciting initiatives," he added.

"Netflix's bold entrance into original programming presents an exciting new opportunity for our two companies" commented Peter Levinsohn, Fox Filmed Entertainment's President of New Media & Digital Distribution. "Bringing a classic show back to production on new episodes exclusively for Netflix customers is a game changer, and illustrates the incredible potential the new digital landscape affords great content providers like Twentieth Century Fox Television and Imagine."

Commented 20th Century Fox TV Chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman, "We build brands at this studio which are so distinctive that audiences still clamor for them years after they go off the air. 'Arrested Development' is a great example of that—it has stood the test of time. This innovative deal with Netflix represents a new business model that is extremely exciting and opens the door for a wide range of new collaborations."

"We also pride ourselves on breaking the rules at this studio, and after bringing back two canceled series – 'Family Guy' and 'Futurama'—to enormous success, we are bullish on the prospects for this brilliant series. We can't wait to get back to work with Mitch, Ron and Brian on bringing the Bluths back to America's living rooms," they added.

Said Imagine Entertainment co-founders Ron Howard and Brian Grazer, "Of all the projects we've been involved with over the years, we probably get more questions about Mitch Hurtwitz's brilliant 'Arrested Development' than any other-- everyone, ourselves included, seems to feel like the Bluths left the party a bit too soon. Bringing a series back from cancellation almost never happens, but then, 'Arrested' always was about as unconventional as they get, so it seems totally appropriate that this show that broke the mold is smashing it to pieces once again."

Added Howard, "After a long hiatus, I'm dying to finally get back to the narrator's microphone...'It's Arrested…Development.'"

The Emmy-winning comedy had its final broadcast on February 10, 2006 and concerned Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman) and his eccentric family comprised of his son George Michael (Michael Cera), his father George Bluth Sr. (Jeffrey Tambor), his mother Lucille (Jessica Walter), his brothers George Oscar Bluth II (Will Arnett), Buster Bluth (Tony Hale) and sister Lindsay Funke (Portia de Rossi), and Lindsay's husband Tobias (David Cross) and their daughter Maeby (Alia Shawkat).

"Arrested Development" is a production of Imagine Television and 20th Century Fox Television. Ron Howard, Brian Grazer and Mitch Hurwitz are executive producers.

SOURCE Netflix, Inc.

For further information: Steve Swasey of Netflix, +1-408-540-3947, sswasey@netflix.com, or Chris Alexander of for 20th Century Fox TV, +1-310-369-2733, chris.alexander@fox.com
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT (Season Motherfucking Four!)

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:16 pm

ONE MONTH AWAY ONE MONTH AWAY ONE MONTH AWAY ONE MONTH AWAY ONE MONTH AWAY.

Whee!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Ribbons on Mon May 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Good luck with your night terrors!

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Mon May 27, 2013 12:58 am

Well, I thought this was pretty special. It took a few episodes to get rolling, but once it hit its stride I was hooked. There were some nice callbacks to old gags and several times I laughed hard enough to almost rupture a testicle. Mostly during the Gob/Tony Wonder episode, which I think was one of the best of the entire series. I hope it doesn't take them seven fucking years to make that movie.

Love each other.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby Seppuku on Fri May 31, 2013 5:44 pm

Probably my fave season out of the four of 'em. I like how with this Netflix dealio if the writers want an episode to run over by a few minutes, then run the fuck over it shall. Not having to make those little cuts probably makes a huge difference. Not sure about the whole wall Macguffin, but it's not about the journey it's about the etc.

Just finished ep 10 and Gob and Lucille's eps are the peak for me so far. 5 more to go. You've gotta admire the writers' ambition, knowing full well that no one will have even an inkling of what's going on in the first few eps and running with the idea anyway. Also, everyone looks really well preserved, except for Steve Holt who was completely unrecognisable (I hear he was wearing a skin wig). I kind of hope one of the last five episodes isn't blown on George Michael. I'd prefer it if Annyong got an ep instead.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby RogueScribner on Fri May 31, 2013 6:59 pm

Seppuku wrote:I kind of hope one of the last five episodes isn't blown on George Michael. I'd prefer it if Annyong got an ep instead.

Prepare to be disappointed. :-P
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby BuckyO'harre on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:38 am

Aside from a soft finale and the scarcity of Buster and Maebe, I don't think anyone could have asked for a better return.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Same.
caruso_stalker217

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Don't listen to the critics, season 4 of Arrested Development is the best season of them all!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:08 am

caruso_stalker217

Previous

Return to Coaxial