Official George Lucas Discussion Thread (Now w/ Civility..?)

Which director made the best films, made the best visuals, or smelled the best? This is the forum to find out.

What do YOU think about George Lucas?

No Talent Hack
20%
One of the All-Time Best
37%
Grow up, fanboys.
44%

Total votes : 41

Re: Official George Lucas Discussion Thread (Now w/ Civility

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:50 pm

TheButcher wrote:‘Star Wars': George Lucas Explains Why He and Disney Disagreed on New Trilogy
The ‘Star Wars’ creator previously cited creative restraints as his reason for not participating in the creative process for the upcoming films.
“The issue was ultimately that they looked at the stories and they said, ‘We want to make something for the fans,'” Lucas said. “People don’t actually realize it’s actually a soap opera and it’s all about family problems – it’s not about spaceships. So they decided they didn’t want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing so I decided, ‘fine…. I’ll go my way and I let them go their way.'”

in an interview with Vanity Fair from earlier this week, Lucas cited fan criticism as well as creative restraints as reasons for not returning to direct Episode VII.

WE DID IT!!!!!! :twisted:
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:39 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
TheButcher wrote:‘Star Wars': George Lucas Explains Why He and Disney Disagreed on New Trilogy
The ‘Star Wars’ creator previously cited creative restraints as his reason for not participating in the creative process for the upcoming films.
“The issue was ultimately that they looked at the stories and they said, ‘We want to make something for the fans,'” Lucas said. “People don’t actually realize it’s actually a soap opera and it’s all about family problems – it’s not about spaceships. So they decided they didn’t want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing so I decided, ‘fine…. I’ll go my way and I let them go their way.'”

in an interview with Vanity Fair from earlier this week, Lucas cited fan criticism as well as creative restraints as reasons for not returning to direct Episode VII.

WE DID IT!!!!!! :twisted:

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Man.
A couple of weeks ago I was feeling bad because of all the ridiculous interviews and questions that Lucas will have to deal with over the next few months. Now, for his own sake, I hope he just keeps his fucking mouth shut.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:13 am

he's like a little kid in school who sells someone his toys and then complains about seeing them play with them.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:51 am

George Lucas says if he could be any 'Star Wars' character, he'd be Jar Jar Binks
Anjelica Oswald wrote:Of all the characters in "Star Wars," creator George Lucas says he'd be Jar Jar Binks in a video for Vanity Fair.

"I like all the characters," he said when posed the question of which character he'd want to be, before making his unusual choice.

In the interview, Lucas gives his thoughts on the new "Star Wars" film, and he says that he doesn't enjoy being criticized for making the movies he wants to make.

"You go to make a movie and all you do is get criticized, and people try to make decisions about what you're going to do before you do it, and it's not much fun," he says. "You can't experiment. You can't do anything. You have to do it a certain way. I don't like that; I never did.";

He'd rather make experimental films.

"I started out in experimental films, I want to go back to experimental films, and of course, nobody wants to see experiemental films."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:41 am

oh god, he's on about his "experimental films" again. this guy's the richest director in the world, if he wanted to make experimental films, he's got all the money and resources to do it.

i can only imagine what thanksgiving is like every year in the Lucas family home, everyone's gathered around the table, waiting for the turkey, and old george lucas starts in on his "i want to make experimental films" rant and everybody starts rolling their eyes and saying "there he goes again, crazy ungle george with his experimental film talk" :roll:
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:52 am

I wish he would make the experimental films. Something he's passionate about might be exactly what he needs.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:38 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I wish he would make the experimental films. Something he's passionate about might be exactly what he needs.

My Dinner with Jar-Jar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:24 pm

He's still talking about his little films. But he stands up for Star Wars when necessary.

Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Fievel on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:20 pm

Apparently George Lucas still employs a PR person.....

George Lucas Backpedals on ‘Star Wars’ ‘White Slavers’ Remark
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Previous

Return to Director Discussion