SUICIDE SQUAD

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: SUICIDE SQUAD

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:47 am

sosorry wrote:I'd be cool if they were all really bad people, looking for a way out of their sentences. I don't see Will Smif taking on a role where he's a truly despicable person. And this is all just my personal preference, I don't have a clue what the comics were like (even though if you look in this thread from a while ago I referenced the wiki page on these wierdos).

And I'd be cool if I had a posh accent.

David Ayer is rarely guilty of softening up his characters or resorting to cheap endearment devices to compensate for their bad behaviour. It's one of the things I like about his filmmaking. That being said, I don't know how much freedom he has on this project. Probably less freedom than he does on his usual lower budget non-franchise stuff. That shot of Smith hugging the kid makes me expect that Smith's assassin character will be sold with the "it's okay that he kills people for money because he just wants to see his kid again" approach. But I think you'll get a several legit scumbags on the team. I think there's going to be a lot of conflict and betrayal within the group.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Okay, awesome:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:50 pm

i think it may be too......purply

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:08 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Maui on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:33 pm

TheButcher wrote:

Trailer looks cool. Looking forward to seeing Jarod Leto play Mr. J.

Harley Quinn, I'm not sold yet. I'm straining to hear a high pitched nasally, Long island accent and it's nonexistent. Sure, she looks good but she doesn't feel like Harley Quinn to me. Perhaps I should stop comparing her to the Harley Quinn in the Arkham game series but this is how she should be.

Is her transition not complete from Harleen Quinzel, M.D. to Harley Quinn?
Maui
WoWie

Postby so sorry on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Holy crap that was a lot of quick cuts to digest.
I think it might look cooler than I anticipated. Agreeing with Maui...Harley Quinn seems to be the weak link though. They really held back on the Joker and his place in this Squad. Is there any doubt that he escapes by the end of this movie?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:25 pm

wow, this new Wayne's World movie looks really dark. and mike myers going for some kinda punk/hip-hop mash-up look isn't really working for me, but i'll keep an open mind. bold choice, making garth a girl this time around though.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:49 pm

This looks more interesting to me than the Superman v. Batman film.

I'm still really curious to see who the Joker is. Is it THE Joker or is it someone else? Fan theory that would be intriguing if true.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Fievel wrote:This looks more interesting to me than the Superman v. Batman film.

I'm still really curious to see who the Joker is. Is it THE Joker or is it someone else? Fan theory that would be intriguing if true.

Huh????? The thing not explained in that theory is what happened to the "real" Joker?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:48 pm

Fuck, this looks like so much fun! Tons of style and swagger.

I've never completely liked one of David Ayer's films, but I really, really hope this is the exception.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:18 am

so sorry wrote:
Fievel wrote:This looks more interesting to me than the Superman v. Batman film.

Huh????? The thing not explained in that theory is what happened to the "real" Joker?

the other thing not explained is why anyone in the audience that's not a huge massive batman geek would know who the fuck jason todd is, or more importantly, why they'd even care.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:27 pm

New trailer, now with 20% more "funny"!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:41 pm

so sorry wrote:

New trailer, now with 20% more "funny"!

sweet

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Trailer looks like a lot of fun

Harley Quinn is still a fail.
Maui
WoWie

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:46 am

Maui wrote:
Harley Quinn is still a fail.

How so?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:15 am

Considering how much people have complained along the lines of "Superman is wrong, he wouldn't do that..." or "That's not Batman, Batman should be like....", I'm surprised nobody is commenting on (based on what we've seen) how that isn't really anything much like how Harley Quinn has ever been in the past.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:20 am

Fried Gold wrote:Considering how much people have complained along the lines of "Superman is wrong, he wouldn't do that..." or "That's not Batman, Batman should be like....", I'm surprised nobody is commenting on (based on what we've seen) how that isn't really anything much like how Harley Quinn has ever been in the past.

Because everybody's too busy wanking off to her.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Maui on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:52 am

Fried Gold wrote: I'm surprised nobody is commenting on (based on what we've seen) how that isn't really anything much like how Harley Quinn has ever been in the past.

There it is! You can dress the part but you have to become the part. This is not happening here at all.
Maui
WoWie

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:51 pm

i'm not super familiar with the Harley Quinn character, but from what little exposure to her i've had, i always had the impression that she was pretty disturbed and insane. that doesn't come across in the trailers for this movie. here she comes across more as a spoiled bratty bad girl type. like paris hilton with a bad streak. not the deranged lunatic i was expecting.

now excuse me while i go back to wanking off to her.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Bloo on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:51 pm

there's been a "movement" (I don't know if that's the right word or what, but it's the one I'm using dammit) in DC to sort of redeem Harley Quinn from her BTAS origins. Sort of like how they made Catwoman less of a criminal and more of an anti-hero following Batman Returns. So it doesn't surprise me that they are making her less deranged and more cute insane
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:53 pm

I'm expecting more crazy violent evil from her. Not really getting it from her here I have to admit. Will Smith doesn't seem villainny enough to me either, and I believe he's an actor that can do it. Just want to see him cross over more into that type of guy than the trailers are giving the impression of so far.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:29 pm

I have no familiarity with her character as I was never a DC reader, and my chauvinistic, female objectifying self is really digging the whole hot kinky chick vibe she's giving off in the trailers so far......I'm just a puppet for the right kind of marketing :oops: :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Peven wrote:digging the whole hot kinky chick vibe she's giving off and making everyone including So Sorry wanking off to her...

Roll on the chicks at Torture Garden bandwagoningly dressing up as a latex version of this sick chick.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:53 pm

latex doesn't do it for me

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Wed May 25, 2016 10:41 am

Watchmen v Suicide Squad
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: $UICIDE $QUAD

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:11 am

DC Entertainment Unleash Worldwide Licensing & Merchandising Program in Support of '$UICIDE $QUAD'
Kellvin Chavez wrote:This summer, Super-Villains will take over in the highly anticipated big screen action adventure '$UICIDE $QUAD', marking the theatrical debut of some of the most beloved bad guys in the DC Universe, including Deadshot™, Harley Quinn™, Killer Croc™, Katana™ and Enchantress™, and bringing back to the big screen one of the most dangerous villains of all time, The Joker™. The Super-Villains will unite in an action-packed adventure that will have moviegoers on the edge of their seats, and Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) has done some teaming up of its own, partnering with its licensees around the world for its global licensing and merchandising program in support of the film. Written and directed by David Ayer and from Warner Bros. Pictures, '$UICIDE $QUAD' hits theaters August 5, 2016.

Pam Lifford, President, Warner Bros. Consumer Products said:
“$uicide $quad marks the theatrical debut of several of the most recognized, fan-favorite DC Super-Villains, and these iconic characters offer WBCP a unique opportunity to create a robust merchandising program aimed at the adult collector via partnerships with the some of the most renowned licensees in the industry”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:16 am

$ound$ great™
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:11 pm

i have a good feeling about this movie.....could be the R-rated GotG of this summer

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:48 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:11 pm

oh shit :oops:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:04 am

wearing this song out lately

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:37 am

I like Heathens by Twenty One Pilots.
Maui
WoWie

Postby so sorry on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Getting pretty mediocre at best reviews. Anyone here who sees it, please chime in!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Suicide Squad? More like... Suck-icide Squad! Or uh... Suicide Suck? Yeah, that one.

The Secret Drama Behind 'Suicide Squad'
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:09 pm

It would seem that, based on the response to Batman v Superman, they tried to rapidly correct course at the last minute with Suicide Squad and have over-compensated.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:11 pm

Fried Gold wrote:It would seem that, based on the response to Batman v Superman, they tried to rapidly correct course at the last minute with Suicide Squad and have over-compensated.

So then we can expect a Blue-ray "Director's Cut" where it all gets put back together the way "it was intended"?????
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:09 pm

Ribbons wrote:Suicide Squad? More like... Suck-icide Squad! Or uh... Suicide Suck? Yeah, that one.

Suicide Squat?
Suicide Dud?

seems like this filmmaking process is becoming the norm rather than the exception, especially for these type films. big budget films used to be like a gourmet meal (or at least like a decent chain restaurant dinner). now they're like spam, some kind of mass-produced, homogenized product squeezed out of a tube where you can't even tell what the original ingredients are, or where they came from.

BvS, Avengers, X-Men, the 2nd Spiderman series, even Rogue One now.... it's not even like going from a single chef to too many cooks in the kitchen... more like the kitchen has been replaced by a giant factory assembly line. no wonder these movies all look and sound and feel the same.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:54 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Ribbons wrote:Suicide Squad? More like... Suck-icide Squad! Or uh... Suicide Suck? Yeah, that one.

Suicide Squat?
Suicide Dud?

Or Suicide Wad.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: #SuicideSkwad

Postby TheButcher on Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:42 am

Suicide Studio: The Ticking Clock That Is Warner Bros.' DC Extended Universe Movies
How long can Warners continue to disappoint superhero fans?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:20 am

AICN:
Harry says SUICIDE SQUAD is like a Jackson Pollock Comic! A MisMatched Quilt to wrap yourself up in!
Woke up Tuesday, August 3rd, 2017 with a singular thought… “Oh boy, SUICIDE SQUAD!”

Quint reviews SUICIDE SQUAD!!!
It's not a Fantastic Four level disaster, but I almost want to rag on it even more for having so many good elements in place and squandering them.

BMD:
SUICIDE SQUAD Is A Huge Mess
A mess that is saved by awesome actors
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Maui on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:36 pm

Man, why do the reviews for this movie have to be so horrific? Even Jared Leto has commented in interviews he is unhappy with all the scenes he has been cut from. I read his screen time is a total of 10 minutes. Are DC movies just doomed from the start?
Maui
WoWie

Postby RaulMonkey on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:08 am

I saw it last night. My disclaimer is that I went at the spur of the moment and missed a few minutes at the top of the film. For this reason I'm not adding it to my movie journal or giving it an out of 10 rating.

That said, yeah, tepid and underwhelming. But with some good pacing and laughs.

I think the villain was shown in the late trailers that I avoided watching, but to me this was the only element that the trailers didn't reveal. Otherwise there were really no surprises.

Slipknot is a joke of a character, brought in with no backstory for the sole purpose of proving that the neck-bombs really work. I guess that the "social justice" agenda in Hollywood is continuing to make progress, because the rule that the black guy always dies first is no longer the case. Now it's the Native guy. Jesus.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:40 am

"SUICIDE SQUAD" PAYS HOMAGE TO CO-CREATOR JOHN OSTRANDER WITH EASTER EGG
Andrew Paul wrote:Although the original concept of a DC Comics' "Suicide Squad" debuted way back in 1959 within the pages of "The Brave and the Bold" #25, it was writers like John Ostrander that helped popularize the versions we're more familiar with through a late '80s/early '90s revamp. Inspired by films like "The Dirty Dozen," Ostrander introduced Amanda Waller and pulled together a team of C-list villains to undertake dangerous missions for the government in exchange for shortened criminal sentences. Ostrander would later write an additional eight-issue miniseries in 2007 alongside artist Javier Pina.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:40 pm

Posted for continued relevance:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:37 am

Maui wrote:Man, why do the reviews for this movie have to be so horrific? Even Jared Leto has commented in interviews he is unhappy with all the scenes he has been cut from. I read his screen time is a total of 10 minutes. Are DC movies just doomed from the start?

I felt like it had about the right amount of the Joker. Any more of him would've felt like a distraction from the story, rather than being part of the backstory of Harley Quinn.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Squad is rough around the edges and does have a slightly uneven tone but it's not the flaming mess it's been made out to be. Would definitely like to see Ayers' first cut.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:58 pm

SPOILERS

Scott Eastwood on starring in Suicide Squad and being Taylor Swift's leading man
EMMA JONES & ZOE CRIPPS wrote:Scott Eastwood, 30, not only has his father Clint’s good looks , but his acting ability too.

Starring in what’s set to be the film of the year, Suicide Squad , you’ll be seeing a lot of his lovely face this summer. Which we’re fine with.

You must get recognised now, but are you prepared for mega fame after Suicide Squad?
If you’re in this business, you know what you’re getting into. I’ve known it from being a kid and seeing it happen to my father. I’m sort of used to it because of that, so maybe it’s been easier. Then again, you never know if you’re going to see people outside your house. Weird things happen!

Suicide Squad: All you need to know
Suicide Squad picks up from a post-Superman world following the events of this year’s Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

How does Gotham win the city back? Easy – find the biggest group of psychotic killing superhero baddies around. Bust the Joker (Jared Leto) out of a psychiatric ward, free Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) from prison, and get assassin Deadshot (Will Smith) out of retirement.

Also featuring Ben Affleck (Batman, of course) and a host of other stars, Scott will fit right in. The film’s director has kept his role a secret, but describes it as a ‘very important part of the film’. It’s rumoured he’ll play someone we met in 2013’s Man Of Steel. We. Can’t. Wait.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:02 am

I absolutely don't get the outright hate for this film. It seemed most of the casual to non comic book fans I've talked to love this movie. The super hardcore fans just seem to be parroting back everything the critics are saying. And it feels like they're doing that to either seem relevant or smarter than they actually are.

Adam Glass's New 52 Suicide Squad was a gem of a book. One of the few NEW 52 books i stuck with. This film very much pulls from that series. That being said, I loved this film. Even more so than Batman V Superman, which I really, really enjoyed. I had my reservations about Will Smith playing Deadshot, but sans it just being Will Smith, they got Deadshot pretty spot on. Same with Harley. Actually going with the full love story between her and the Joker and not copping out to have her be "Independent" From her "man" was a beautiful touch. Joker and Harley's relationship is more than just the abusive one that the cartoon played out. It's all over the map, but there was always that little spark that she got to the micro cosmo of humanity left in him. And going that route worked for me big time. And, FUCK, this film NAILED Amanda Waller. Goddamn did she leap off the page.

Yes the film is a little loopy, and being a film buff, i can see where there were some last minute changes by the editing, but the film as a whole is a great ride.

One last thing. What the film really sold me on was the DC movie universe. I really like that unlike Marvel, were we are being spoon fed the introduction of each character as their first day on the job, Suicide Squad had some fantastic moments showing that there was all kinds of crazy shit going on before Superman showed up. Magic and mete humans were well before Clark revealed himself to the world, and I ABSOLUTELY loved that. The history that Batman touched on in BVS was very much touched on here. The moments between Batman and Deadshot were pure comic book.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:46 pm

TheButcher wrote:SPOILERS

Scott Eastwood on starring in Suicide Squad and being Taylor Swift's leading man
EMMA JONES & ZOE CRIPPS wrote:Scott Eastwood, 30, not only has his father Clint’s good looks , but his acting ability too.

Starring in what’s set to be the film of the year, Suicide Squad , you’ll be seeing a lot of his lovely face this summer. Which we’re fine with.

You must get recognised now, but are you prepared for mega fame after Suicide Squad?
If you’re in this business, you know what you’re getting into. I’ve known it from being a kid and seeing it happen to my father. I’m sort of used to it because of that, so maybe it’s been easier. Then again, you never know if you’re going to see people outside your house. Weird things happen!

Suicide Squad: All you need to know
Suicide Squad picks up from a post-Superman world following the events of this year’s Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

How does Gotham win the city back? Easy – find the biggest group of psychotic killing superhero baddies around. Bust the Joker (Jared Leto) out of a psychiatric ward, free Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) from prison, and get assassin Deadshot (Will Smith) out of retirement.

Also featuring Ben Affleck (Batman, of course) and a host of other stars, Scott will fit right in. The film’s director has kept his role a secret, but describes it as a ‘very important part of the film’. It’s rumoured he’ll play someone we met in 2013’s Man Of Steel. We. Can’t. Wait.

I know there were rumours beforehand that he was playing Oliver Queen/Roy Harper/Dick Grayson/Captain Atom etc, but wasn't Scott Eastwood just playing one of the soldiers working under Rick Flagg?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:06 pm

I don't even remember him being in it. Anyway, Scott AND Tom Hiddleston stole my girl, Taylor Swift, from me. So - Wanker!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion