Hollywood has OFFICIALLY run out of ideas

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: Norman Lear's Universe

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:13 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:
so sorry wrote:
TheButcher wrote:Variety:
Norman Lear Sitcoms ‘All in the Family,’ ‘The Jeffersons’ & “Good Times” Being Eyed by Sony for Reboots (EXCLUSIVE)

How the fuck could they get away with All in the Family these days????

Archie Bunker runs for president and wins. quite timely.

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Scarface: The Shame of a Nation Remake

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:32 am

Variety:
Universal’s ‘Scarface’ Reimagining Loses Director Antoine Fuqua (EXCLUSIVE)
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Scarface

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:33 am

Variety:
Universal’s ‘Scarface’ Reimagining Loses Director Antoine Fuqua (EXCLUSIVE)
Justin Kroll wrote:Sources have also told Variety that Diego Luna, star of “Rogue One”, is attached to star.

Universal Sets Their ‘Scarface’ Reimagining, Scripted by The Coen Brothers [Updated]
Could the Coens also be in line to direct? [Update: Probably not since two frontrunners have emerged.]

THR:
'Scarface' Remake: 'Hell or High Water' Helmer, Peter Berg Are Frontrunners to Direct (Exclusive)
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Hollywood has OFFICIALLY run out of ideas

Postby TheButcher on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:03 am

'The Raid': Joe Carnahan to Tackle Reimagining of Indonesian Action Movie
"It's not a remake. It's a reimagining," the filmmaker said on Twitter.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: “Die Hard in a…'Skyscraper'”

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:15 am

TheButcher wrote:Legendary Wins Bidding War for China-Set Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Action Movie (Exclusive)
Rawson Marshall Thurber, who worked with Johnson on the upcoming 'Central Intelligence,' will write the 'Skyscraper' script and direct the feature.

Dwayne Johnson's 'Skyscraper' Gets Summer 2018 Release Date
Ashley Lee wrote:Johnson stars in the film as former FBI Hostage Rescue Team leader and U.S. war veteran Will Ford, who now assesses security for skyscrapers. On assignment in China he finds the tallest, safest building in the world suddenly ablaze, and he’s been framed for it!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:46 am

WTF:
‘Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory’ is a Movie?
Hoai-Tran Bui wrote:This week in completely unnecessary ideas that you didn’t think were even possible, there’s a straight-to-DVD movie inserting Tom and Jerry into a shot-for-shot animated version of the 1971 Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Let that sink in. Because no matter how you try to convince yourself that it’s some bad trip, it’s real.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Remake Blasphemy Continues

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:19 am

AICN April 27, 2017:
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Deadline is reporting that Kevin Hart will star in a remake of the John Candy/Dan Aykroyd flick THE GREAT OUTDOORS.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 25, 2017 2:30 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
TheButcher wrote:Tracking Board MAY 23, 2017:
“NARCOS” DUO TO REWRITE “CHARLIE’S ANGELS” FOR SONY AND DIRECTOR ELIZABETH BANKS (EXCLUSIVE)

shame on you Butcher. this should be in the "Hollywood has run out of original ideas" thread.

why do they think we need a remake of a 20 year old film that was, itself, a remake of a 40 year old TV series? is there really a large audience out there clamoring for this property to return? i get that Hollywood wants to get more films with female leads and female directors and female-oriented action, and that there aren't exactly a lot of pre-existing properties that fill that bill... so why not come up with something original and new? is there any unexplored territory left in the concept of 3 hot crime-busting women working for an invisible boss?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Fri May 26, 2017 9:42 pm

TheButcher wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:
TheButcher wrote:Tracking Board MAY 23, 2017:
“NARCOS” DUO TO REWRITE “CHARLIE’S ANGELS” FOR SONY AND DIRECTOR ELIZABETH BANKS (EXCLUSIVE)

shame on you Butcher. this should be in the "Hollywood has run out of original ideas" thread.

why do they think we need a remake of a 20 year old film that was, itself, a remake of a 40 year old TV series? is there really a large audience out there clamoring for this property to return? i get that Hollywood wants to get more films with female leads and female directors and female-oriented action, and that there aren't exactly a lot of pre-existing properties that fill that bill... so why not come up with something original and new? is there any unexplored territory left in the concept of 3 hot crime-busting women working for an invisible boss?

And the series was rebooted again, on TV a couple years ago, and was cancelled after only a handful of episodes
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Al Shut on Sat May 27, 2017 4:02 am

Come to tjhink of it, the Destiny's Child song was called Independent Women Part 1

Theres always room for more
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheButcher on Sun May 28, 2017 6:18 am

TheButcher wrote:Lionsgate Plans Two More Tyler Perry Movies
The move follows the success of Tyler Perry's 'Boo! A Madea Halloween.'

Great News, Everyone! Tyler Perry’s Making Another BOO! A MADEA HALLOWEEN Movie
This is a great gift to the world.
EVAN SAATHOFF wrote:Everyone can go home now. This is going to be the best bit of news you hear all day.

Tyler Perry is making a sequel to Boo! A Madea Halloween. It will, of course, be called Boo 2! A Madea Halloween, and it’s coming out October 20. Of this year. I don’t know if it’s already in the can or what, but somehow this is how it’s going down.

Now, I realize most of you don’t actually think this is good news. I don’t know what to tell you except that you’re missing out on some outrageously weird shit. Like the last film, this probably won’t end up being a “real” horror film. But I also don’t know what else to call a film that has three Tyler Perry’s arguing the benefits of beating children in one giant, unbroken 20-minute-long scene.

With any luck, this will become our new annual Halloween tradition and one day all you haters will realize how great we have it. Just be happy for me, dammit.

Why I Love Tyler Perry and You Should Too
An open plea for movie fans to finally embrace the bizarre weirdo auteur hiding under all our noses.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sun May 28, 2017 12:45 pm

TheButcher wrote:Why I Love Tyler Perry and You Should Too
An open plea for movie fans to finally embrace the bizarre weirdo auteur hiding under all our noses.

I was actually going along with this article until I hit this:

"If you want an examination of what it means to be African American in society today, look somewhere else. I recommend Crash or perhaps The Blind Side."

You know, when I want to examine what it means to be African American in society today, I usually just ask my wife. And to think, all this time the answer was right in front of me in the form of shitty movies made by white people.

I stopped reading there and decided that the writer was being either facetious, has shit taste in movies, or is a white hipster douchebag who-- well, it IS birth.movies.death.

Five years on I wonder if he still loves Tyler Perry?
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:49 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Movie News