Star Wars Episode VIII: THE LAST JEDI

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: Star Wars Episode VIII: THE LAST JEDI

Postby Maui on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Ribbons wrote:Ohhh snap! Looks gorgeous.

Yes it does. December can't come soon enough.

The Last Jedi...hmmm, is Luke gonna kick the bucket in this film?
Maui
WoWie

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:05 am

Maybe by The Last Jedi they mean the Jedi that immediately preceded the current Jedi?
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Wolfpack wrote:Maybe by The Last Jedi they mean the Jedi that immediately preceded the current Jedi?

Star Wars Episode IX: The Artists Formerly Known as Jedi
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 pm

in a rebranding effort they change the name to "New Jedi"......

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:16 pm

the sequel will be, of course, "Jedi Classic"

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:47 pm

i always preferred "Cherry Jedi" myself.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:05 am

TheBaxter wrote:i always preferred "Cherry Jedi" myself.

they could have called TFA "Vanilla Star Wars"

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:14 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:07 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Fri May 26, 2017 12:39 pm

Adam Driver is Darth Method
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Fri May 26, 2017 9:39 pm

I hope that means he throws random hissyfits and trashes the set, too
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Twitter:
The cast & director of #StarWars: #TheLastJedi on stage at the #D23Expo!

New Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer Expected October 9
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:27 am

New trailer tomorrow (today now I guess... I need to go to bed)

Rian Johnson says avoid if you want to completely avoid spoilers..."but it's gooooooood...."

http://uproxx.com/movies/star-wars-the- ... n-johnson/
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Upon Rian's advice, I'm gonna try and avoid. I don't want great character revelations to be unsurprising when I see them happen in the theatre.

Plus, which is a bit *ironic (*Get Out Of Jail free word to stop me being a hypocrite) I so far haven't seen anything about this film that really fascinates me. Finn on a mission with some R2D2 version of an asian human running around with him, "Oooh watch Rey stop just inches before destroying that.... rock face"

I hope with stuff like this I got mental ammunition to hold my breath until mid- Dec.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fievel on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:31 pm

I remember willingly being spoiled for the prequels. I still had a good enough time at the theater. I saw rumblings about Han's death in The Force Awakens...still enjoyed the film. I can't imagine anything being so spoilerrific* that I have a shitty time at the theater. Truth be told, if my experience for Episode VIII matches that of Episode VII, the bulk of my joy will come from watching my kids enjoy the film. I'm taking my oldest two kids this time (son 9, daughter 8).

*But still, Rian Johnson did say that...... No, there's no way I could successfully navigate a personal Star Wars media embargo. Some people may do it with ease, but I am weak! So, so weak......
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:10 pm

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:24 pm

Yeah...I really have no idea what to expect from this film. That's gotta be a good thing. They are going out of their way to hammer home that this movie is going to be different, it's actually getting to be kinda funny. But some freshness is definitely necessary.

Cautiously optimistic.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:44 pm

i didn't get much of a spoiler sense from that. i mean, there are hints of things, but it's easy to chalk that up to creative trailer editing, juxtaposition of shots that might actually be from completely different scenes in the movie, lines taken out of context, shots that aren't even in the film (just like the last film's trailer) etc.

good luck to anyone trying to avoid this trailer because of fear of spoilers. everything that is "spoiled" about this film in the trailer will also be in tv ads, interviews, articles, internet comments, or anywhere else star wars gets discussed. might as well just watch it now and get fake-spoiled until you see the film and find out how things really happen.

on another note, it's nice to see Tom Petty killing it in his final film role.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:09 am

My bold prediction: Jar-Jar is Supreme Leader Snoke
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:00 am

I believe Rian Johnson's warning is just marketing. I also believe this trailer was very carefully edited.

-Do Rey and Kylo Ren team up? Possibly, but I think that "scene" shown is from two different parts of the film. I think that's Rey talking to Luke when she meets him in the beginning of the film. And Kylo Ren's scene.... I dunno, maybe Hux was screaming so loud that he fell down and needed help up.
-Kylo's Space Band-Aid on his face is because this movie starts at the immediate end of The Force Awakens. He was injured, put a bandage on it, and hopped in his ship to destroy the Resistance.
-(My thoughts if Rey is Luke's child, or even less possible - a lost twin of Kylo Ren) Variations on the Imperial March (Vader's Theme) took up about 2/3 of the trailer. I'd love for Anakin's two grandchildren to team up (light or dark side.... or both!). Kind of like "Okay, George Lucas, you're going to make Midichlorians a thing? And Anakin is the direct product of that? Fine, we'll have that impact his grandchildren!" Of course, if Rey goes dark-side, that could also be the impetus - that she and Kylo are the descendants of someone created by the Sith - an aspect I never really thought about before. Hey Luke, Leia....you're only existing because your dad was created by the Sith. Deal with THAT.
-Porgs! I'd like to think that Lucasfilm/Disney did some deep psychological research on what makes a good "cute" character - Ewoks? Kind of, but plenty of issues. Jar-Jar? Hell. No. BB-8? On the right track now. Baby Groot? Definitely. Some of my older (contemporary) friends/relatives are already complaining about them. My daughter already owns two of them. Kids initially loved Jar-Jar, too....but I think they're a little smarter in the Lucasfilm/Disney offices to not learn from the errors of the past.
-Leia - More trailer editing. She was supposedly to be in Episode 9, so I'd be awfully surprised if she died.
-Luke - Love the updated Crazy Hermit look....except he really looks crazy (Crazy Eyes!). Kind of like a Jedi Grima Wormtongue. Could he die? Easily, but I don't think he will, either. I think it would be kind of cheap to knock off one classic character per film. But I'm definitely more excited to see him now than I was (potentially) for Episode 7.
-Finn and Poe.....seemed really inconsequential in the trailer, and that's okay. Not because I don't like the characters, but they can only show so much in the trailer. We also didn't see any Benicio Del Toro or Laura Dern. Again, that's fine. Leave some stuff for the movie!

I think this was a very well-cut trailer. It showed a ton of stuff and didn't say a damn thing about what it meant while doing it.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:52 pm

Looks pretty damn good to me.

Then again, Rogue One's trailer also looked badass, and it was a forgettable movie IMO.

Holding out hope for this one!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:06 am

no accounting for taste, being that Rogue One is easily the best SW movie yet :-P

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Previous

Return to Movie News