SUICIDE SQUAD

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: SUICIDE SQUAD

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:26 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:I don't even remember him being in it.

The group of soldiers who follow Joel Kinneman around, one of them has a line or two. I think that was him.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:13 am

THR:
Why 'Suicide Squad' Is the Spiritual Sequel to 'Batman & Robin'
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:23 am

Suicide Squad, you are bad. Just like... really, really bad.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:40 am

Everyone says that Margot Robbie is the best Harley Quinn but I think this actress is the best and gets Harley's dimensions of predatory craziness and seductress then heartbroken insecurity and sensitivity fully expressed the most effectively...

Supergirl is great in this too.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:23 pm

WHY AIN'T YOU ALL WATCHING MY VIDEEEOOOO?!?!?!?!!? ^^^^^^
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:24 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:WHY AIN'T YOU ALL WATCHING MY VIDEEEOOOO?!?!?!?!!? ^^^^^^

we've already got one video of some guy bragging about hitting on married women and grabbing them by the pussy. who needs another?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:12 am

Watched the Extended Cut.

WHY WOULD THEY CUT ANYTHING THAT WAS ADDED BACK INTO THIS FILM OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE! Theres a swath a great character moments and actual build between Harley and Joker.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:56 pm

bastard_robo wrote:WHY WOULD THEY CUT ANYTHING THAT WAS ADDED BACK INTO THIS FILM OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I've read this about 5 times - I still can't understand it.

I also don't like your sig. It's another example of someone promoting violence - as if to say "Oooooh a man getting hurt in terrible pain - isn't this all sooo cooooolll!!!???"
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:05 pm

sharks are violent and you promote sharks, ergo, you promote violence. :-P

this movie isn't nearly as terrible as people make it out to be, either

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:56 pm

Peven wrote:this movie isn't nearly as terrible as people make it out to be, either

I don't know. I just watched Suicide Squad a second time (once in the theater, the other day with a friend) and the words I was going to use to describe it were "genuinely terrible." I think there are a couple really good characters and performances (Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, and Jay Fernandez as Diablo), but they're stuck in a really bad film. I'm curious about this "extended cut," and whether any of the restored footage makes the movie any better, but I'm not sure I want to subject myself to a third round of this thing.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Ribbons wrote:
Peven wrote:this movie isn't nearly as terrible as people make it out to be, either

I don't know. I just watched Suicide Squad a second time (once in the theater, the other day with a friend) and the words I was going to use to describe it were "genuinely terrible." I think there are a couple really good characters and performances (Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, and Jay Fernandez as Diablo), but they're stuck in a really bad film. I'm curious about this "extended cut," and whether any of the restored footage makes the movie any better, but I'm not sure I want to subject myself to a third round of this thing.

i think this is a case of expectations slanting people's perception of just how bad, or not, a movie is. I thought it was a so so comic movie, like about half of all comic movies are. on the flip side, i liked Logan a lot but I don't think it is the masterpiece some are making it out to be, either

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re: SUICIDE2SQUAD

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:45 pm

'Suicide Squad 2' Lands 'Legend of Tarzan' Writer (Exclusive)
The sequel is a priority for the studio, which made overtures to several directors, including Mel Gibson.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: SUICIDE2SQUAD

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:03 pm

'Suicide Squad 2': 'The Shallows' Helmer Frontrunner to Direct
The studio is eyeing a mid-2018 start with filmmaker Jaume Collet-Serra.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:11 am

they're making another one? why?

at least they're showing enough restraint to avoid calling it 2uicide 2quad.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:32 am

they should call it "Suicide Squad 2: The Cutting Crew" :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re: Suicide Squad 2

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:27 pm

Deadline September 6, 2017:
Gavin O’Connor To Direct ‘Suicide Squad 2: The Cutting Crew’
Mike Fleming Jr wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros and DC have chosen Gavin O’Connor to direct Suicide Squad 2, the sequel to the hit that will bring back Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jared Leto and the rest of the gang of villains. The decision was made today. O’Connor most recently directed the hit The Accountant for the studio, and he is working on a sequel with Ben Affleck.

Pending the final signing of the deal, this ends a lengthy search by the studio to replace David Ayer, who wrote and directed the original but moved aside to focus on Gotham City Sirens, one of the DC spinoff movies built around Robbie’s Harley Quinn character.

O’Connor came in and pitched his vision of the movie, and he will write that with scripting partner Anthony Tambakis. Warner Bros has eyed strong action directors like Mel Gibson and then had its sights set on Jaume Collet-Serra, who became unavailable when he agreed to direct Dwayne Johnson in the Disney film Jungle Cruise.

This is a big job, directing the next installment of the 2016 Warner Bros DC film that grossed $745 million worldwide. The first film was about a group of incorrigible jailbirds with special skills who were conscripted to fight terrible villains with the idea the heroes were expendable. The first film wasn’t a favorite of the fanboy crowd, but it was a big global financial hit for the studio that left no doubt of future installments.

O’Connor has mixed emotion and muscular action in films that include Warrior, the underrated film that starred Tom Hardy, Joel Edgerton and Nick Nolte, as well as Pride And Glory, Miracle and his breakout indie Tumbleweeds.

Warner Bros has been moving quickly to diversify its cinematic universe. The studio set its The Hangover director Todd Phillips to direct Scott Silver’s script for a spinoff on the Batman villain The Joker, and then set John Requa and Glenn Ficarra to direct a separate spinoff for Leto’s Joker character and his demented lover Harley Quinn.

O’Connor is repped by WME and Morris Yorn Barnes.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Suicide Squad 2

Postby Peven on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:59 pm

TheButcher wrote:Deadline September 6, 2017:
Gavin O’Connor To Direct ‘Suicide Squad 2: The Cutting Crew’
Mike Fleming Jr wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros and DC have chosen Gavin O’Connor to direct Suicide Squad 2, the sequel to the hit that will bring back Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jared Leto and the rest of the gang of villains. The decision was made today. O’Connor most recently directed the hit The Accountant for the studio, and he is working on a sequel with Ben Affleck.

Pending the final signing of the deal, this ends a lengthy search by the studio to replace David Ayer, who wrote and directed the original but moved aside to focus on Gotham City Sirens, one of the DC spinoff movies built around Robbie’s Harley Quinn character.

O’Connor came in and pitched his vision of the movie, and he will write that with scripting partner Anthony Tambakis. Warner Bros has eyed strong action directors like Mel Gibson and then had its sights set on Jaume Collet-Serra, who became unavailable when he agreed to direct Dwayne Johnson in the Disney film Jungle Cruise.

This is a big job, directing the next installment of the 2016 Warner Bros DC film that grossed $745 million worldwide. The first film was about a group of incorrigible jailbirds with special skills who were conscripted to fight terrible villains with the idea the heroes were expendable. The first film wasn’t a favorite of the fanboy crowd, but it was a big global financial hit for the studio that left no doubt of future installments.

O’Connor has mixed emotion and muscular action in films that include Warrior, the underrated film that starred Tom Hardy, Joel Edgerton and Nick Nolte, as well as Pride And Glory, Miracle and his breakout indie Tumbleweeds.

Warner Bros has been moving quickly to diversify its cinematic universe. The studio set its The Hangover director Todd Phillips to direct Scott Silver’s script for a spinoff on the Batman villain The Joker, and then set John Requa and Glenn Ficarra to direct a separate spinoff for Leto’s Joker character and his demented lover Harley Quinn.

O’Connor is repped by WME and Morris Yorn Barnes.

:shock:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:53 pm

James Gunn is on board to write and direct the Suicide Squad reboot, which is now being called The Suicide Squad:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-suicide-squad-sequel-set-2021-release-dates-1181432
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:37 am

Gunn should be a really good fit for this and if they give him an R rating to work with that freedom would probably lead to a better movie, but they won't.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:03 am

They're already remaking this movie? The creativity well, she has run dry, no?
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:26 pm

Wolfpack wrote:They're already remaking this movie? The creativity well, she has run dry, no?

Ribbons incorrectly described it as a reboot. it is not a reboot. The Batman directed by Reeves is going to be more of a reboot, if one feels compelled to use that term as it seems to have entered the flock's vocabulary of the day.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:05 pm

Considering the fact that it involves a whole new set of characters, is re-casting the few returning ones, and has the exact same title as the last film except with a "The" at the beginning (just like "The Batman"), it's a soft reboot at the very least. But thanks for calling me a sheep, I guess. Seems like a worthwhile issue to pick a fight over.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:12 pm

It's not a reboot at all, Ribbons. It's a sequel for a start, which eliminates it from being even a soft reboot. It's a follow on with some changes - it's a sequel.

I understand your feelings though, I get it, you're scared, you're being corrected by 2 people you feel talk crap but we've shown how incorrect you are and you don't have a back up argument.

Just admit you're wrong. You're not exactly kissing our boots in real life, just mentally.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:30 pm

Ribbons wrote:Considering the fact that it involves a whole new set of characters, is re-casting the few returning ones, and has the exact same title as the last film except with a "The" at the beginning (just like "The Batman"), it's a soft reboot at the very least. But thanks for calling me a sheep, I guess. Seems like a worthwhile issue to pick a fight over.

oh come on, not you, too. you should know the difference between me picking a fight and just dropping a sardonic riposte :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:00 am

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:09 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:It's not a reboot at all, Ribbons. It's a sequel for a start, which eliminates it from being even a soft reboot. It's a follow on with some changes - it's a sequel.

I understand your feelings Kirks, I get it, you're scared, you're being corrected by an article you feel talks crap but it's shown how incorrect you are and you don't have a back up argument.

Just admit you're wrong. You're not exactly kissing our boots in real life, just mentally.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:07 am

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Previous

Return to Movie Discussion