Jurassic World 2: J5 - Fallen Kingdom

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Jurassic World 2: J5 - Fallen Kingdom

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Box-Office Milestone: 'Jurassic World' Becomes No. 3 Movie of All Time
On Tuesday, the Universal tentpole passed up 'The Avengers.' Talk about bite.

‘Jurassic World’ Sequel Set For June 2018; Chris Pratt Back
Mike Fleming Jr wrote:BREAKING:
Universal Pictures has set a June 22, 2018, release date for Jurassic World Sequel, which hopefully will have a catchier title and a director soon. But it does have Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard returning as the leads and Jurassic World helmer Colin Trevorrow writing the script. He isn’t returning as director because it’s expected he’ll instead go off and do one of the Star Wars films. Frank Marshall andSteven Spielberg are also in the braintrust.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Jurassic World - Can It Save The Franchise? Yup!

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Given it's the fifth movie...surely they have to call it Jurassic 5.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Given it's the fifth movie...surely they have to call it Jurassic 5.

TheBaxter wrote:i'm looking forward to the next 2 films in this epic trilogy, Jurassic Galaxy and Jurassic Universe. and then things should get REALLY crazy when we start getting into the multiverse and interdimensional-travelling dinos.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: Jurassic 5

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:51 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Given it's the fifth movie...surely they have to call it Jurassic 5.

TheBaxter wrote:i'm looking forward to the next 2 films in this epic trilogy, Jurassic Galaxy and Jurassic Universe. and then things should get REALLY crazy when we start getting into the multiverse and interdimensional-travelling dinos.

We look back at a 'Jurassic Park 4' script for hints about 'Jurassic World 2'
Just how far can the 'Jurassic World' sequel really go?
Moriarty wrote:One of the biggest dangling threads in "Jurassic World" is the fate of Dr. Henry Wu.

I thought it was fun casting to bring B.D. Wong back for "Jurassic World," but when I saw the film, I was surprised by just how much screen time they gave him and how clearly he's turned the corner from "bright guy hired by Hammond to do something fantastic and ethically questionable" to "mad scientist screwing his theme park bosses while coming up with some sinister applications for his work."

What surprised me more was that they let him live. After all, "Jurassic World" is unafraid to kill even the most peripheral character in violent and preposterous manners, so why wouldn't they kill the man responsible for creating the just-plain-evil dinosaur that's running around eating everyone?

The obvious answer is that they still need him, and sure enough, "Jurassic World" makes it clear that Dr. Wu was airlifted out to continue his work under the auspices of InGen, a company that is now crystal clear on the way they can use these things as smart weapons. Why, it almost feels like they're setting up a way for the studio to repurpose some of the ideas that were originally developed by William Monahan and John Sayles for what was just called "Jurassic Park 4" when they were writing it circa 2006-2008.

While there are plenty of things in there that they can't use, including Hammond and a return to an abandoned Isla Nublar, my guess is that there are parts they can still strip out and use. That opening scene with kids getting attacked on a Little League diamond makes perfect sense after seeing the pteranadons fly out of the park.

Can you see where the seeds of Chris Pratt's raptor team started in the ideas of this film? Now that they've laid the groundwork, anyone want to bet on whether or not Blue ends up at Owen's side for the new film? And now that Wu's starting creating his own dinosaurs, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the InGen labs are surrounded by some very sophisticated organic security measure, like those "excavaraptors."

Universal announced the release date of the film today, and they confirmed that pretty much the whole team will return. Pratt and Howard are both set to star again, and Colin Trevorrow is onboard to co-write with Derek Connolly.

While that doesn't completely knock him out of that rumored "Star Wars Episode 9" gig, it's obvious this will be his main priority as long as Universal wants it to be, and if he feels any ownership of these characters, he may well make the commitment to directing this instead. Whatever the case, it's clear that Universal sees this as a new franchise now, with "Jurassic World" as the beginning point, and they'll make their creative decisions moving forward with this one as the template. I'm not even saying that they'll specifically tell Trevorrow and Connolly to borrow from this one. I just know that Spielberg loved some of these ideas, and it wouldn't be shocking if he were still trying to find a way to bring some of those ideas to life.

But, seriously… they have to give Wu a spectacular death. They've set him up too well at this point for that not to pay off.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:24 am

God I hope so
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:43 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Jurassic World 38

Postby TheButcher on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:04 am

Colin Trevorrow and Steven Spielberg Already Working on ‘Jurassic World’ Trilogy
With a release set for the second installment, a ‘Jurassic World’ trilogy is in early development.

Chris Pratt is signed on for more Jurassic World movies
TIM STACK wrote:Are you signed on for a Jurassic sequel?
I am. They have me for I think 38 movies or something.

VOTD: See All of the ‘Jurassic World’ References to ‘Jurassic Park’
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Maui on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:55 pm

I hear no high heels for Bryce Dallas Howard in Jurassic 5.

It was a minor annoyance for me in Jurassic World.

They should have done this (I actually thought of this scene while watching JW):

Maui
WoWie

Re: Jurassic5!

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:05 pm

EXCLUSIVE: JURASSIC WORLD 2 TO BEGIN PRODUCTION FEBRUARY 2017; RETURNING TO HAWAII
Chris Pugh wrote:The news keeps roaring in, and this time it answers a big question: will the islands return? The answer is yes. ‘Ancient Futures’ will begin production in Hawaii on February 27th, 2017! We have exclusively learned (and confirmed) this in conjunction with Reel News Hawaii, so be sure to give them some love as well.

It’s unclear yet if this is the filming start date, or when production will gear up with crew building sets in preparation of filming. Considering the alleged start date in other locales, it seems plausible to be when filming will begin. We’ll be sure to keep our eyes and ears open in hopes of clarifying this.

The primary part of production will take place in London, likely at Pinewood Studios – though it seems other locales will be used as well. Speaking to Wired Magazine Colin Trevorrow stated “[It will not be] just a bunch of dinosaurs chasing people on an island, that’ll get old real fast. […] What if there are 15 different entities around the world who can make a dinosaur?” With that in mind, it seems safe to assume the Hawaii shoot will be more abbreviated than usual, with the majority of the film taking place elsewhere.

Be sure to stay tuned. The news keeps pouring in, and as we learn more, we’ll share more! If you have news you want us to report, be sure to let us know! Otherwise, sound off in the comments below and let us know what you think about the return of Hawaii!

Exclusive: Jurassic World 2 may be off-island, with open-source dinos
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Jurassic5!

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:28 pm

Screenrant:
Jurassic World 2 Director Teases Start of Filming

NewScientist:
Giant flying reptile was top predator like a winged T. rex
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:39 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Maui on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:59 pm

TheButcher wrote:Jeff Goldblum Is Back In Black For JURASSIC WORLD 2
That is one big pile of money.

YESssSS!! Dr. Ian Malcolm is back!

Maui
WoWie

Juurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Postby Peven on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:24 pm

just saw a new tv spot and the more they show the more it feels like this is going to be a Jurassic World meets Resident Evil mashup, where much of the action takes place inside a super-secret high-tech facility, which I don't think is that great of an idea. I know they are probably thinking that placing the dinosaurs in an environment that is far from their "natural" environment will somehow add a novelty aspect but I think all it does is makes it all less able to affect the viewers and will fail at the old "suspension of disbelief" because of it.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re: Juurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:41 pm

I've worked on this film and heard stories of other extras on it. I don't think it's happening in a contained environment as you say.

it certainly gets off the fucking island finally (apparently the island scene is only in the beginning) and it involves how these animals are integrated into our society on our different countries, or at least the attempt or beginning of doing this.

We all have heard about the armed soldier Dinos which I think this story is covering but there's more human interaction going on than this too.

My scene involved rich businessmen from all around the world at a massive auction who were bidding on the dinosaurs to buy them for their own land. This is how far humans have are getting with their interactions. I also know that some or all of these dinosaurs break out and start eating people. There is a scene on a street where lots of film extras are running from a dinosaur, or more.

This is a combination of what I was told and seen, so take what I say with a pinch of salt, as chinese whispers happen all the time.

But from what I gather and have proof of, this is a much wider scale story than what we're used to or what some may assume of this film. With JA Bayona directing this who did the highly affecting A Monster Calls and did an amazing job on The Impossible and The Orphanage, I think we are in the hands of a respectful and intelligent director who may just deliver a film which will surprise a lot of us and make us eat our words.
Last edited by Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:11 pm

that sounds a lot better than what the trailers and tv spots here seem to be portraying

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Peven wrote:that sounds a lot better than what the trailers and tv spots here seem to be portraying

It's why I'm very pissed off with the advertising so far - if my predictions are correct about this film. As there is already a backlash against "Yet another island full of Dinos" which has put off a large % of potential audience for this film, I sense, when in possible fact this is gonna be a very different film for them. But if advertising doesn't hurry up and tell these people that, then this alternative Dinosaur story is gonna be wasted on them and won't get the audience it may deserve.

2 fucking trailers already - and there's not much more than a hint of what is really going on in this story, from what I gather. Fuxake guys, pull your finger out and show us the wider scale script which I have been given reason to believe exists, or a large number of people won't bother turning up to see it.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 pm

sounds like Jurassic World Z
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:23 pm

I think we're one sequel away from this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114658/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_128
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:52 pm

That actually sounds like a pretty good story! Similar to one I had about a man and a flying shark.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:50 pm

look, if they REALLY wanted to show some balls, and make a truly amazing and successful movie to boot, they would go all Planet of the Apes and stay true to the spirit of the title. WORLD. depict a world where mankind are running around scrambling for their lives as a recreation of a Jurassic World unfolds. whip up some story about a corporation trying to monetize all sorts of dna from prehistoric times, bring to life a myriad of flora and fauna that somehow get released into the world, including a virus that devastates the mammalian population, not just humans. within a few years you have small pockets of human survivors scrambling to make it day to day, having survived the virus but now are waaay down the food chain. then, for the sequel, you could jump ahead a few hundred, a few thousand years, take your pick, use a little imagination, and come up with a new evolutionary scenario for earth where humans climb back up to the top of the foodchain but the end result is much different this time and our relationship to the natural environment is completely different.

or maybe that is all just crazy talk and no one would want to see it, who the fuck knows, but it's better than Whoopie getting bent over by a T-rex :-P :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:06 pm

Peven wrote:look, if they REALLY wanted to show some balls, and make a truly amazing and successful movie to boot, they would go all Planet of the Apes and stay true to the spirit of the title. WORLD. depict a world where mankind are running around scrambling for their lives as a recreation of a Jurassic World unfolds. whip up some story about a corporation trying to monetize all sorts of dna from prehistoric times, bring to life a myriad of flora and fauna that somehow get released into the world, including a virus that devastates the mammalian population, not just humans. within a few years you have small pockets of human survivors scrambling to make it day to day, having survived the virus but now are waaay down the food chain. then, for the sequel, you could jump ahead a few hundred, a few thousand years, take your pick, use a little imagination, and come up with a new evolutionary scenario for earth where humans climb back up to the top of the foodchain but the end result is much different this time and our relationship to the natural environment is completely different.

or maybe that is all just crazy talk and no one would want to see it, who the fuck knows, but it's better than Whoopie getting bent over by a T-rex :-P :wink:

I'm envious I didn't come up with this idea myself.

PEVEN NOW RULZ THE ZONE!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 pm

hey, we could co-write this thing, you can be the Weiss to my Benioff and pitch the idea to HBO as a series!

we'd have to decide what kind of tonality to go with right off the bat, no trying to play middle ground. try to be as "realistic" as possible, or go all Armageddon?

or, as a third option, we could go all old style Edgar Rice Burroughs Journey to the Center of the Earth modernized cheese

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:04 pm

My review of Jurassic World 2:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Ribbons wrote:My review of Jurassic World 2:

Perfect.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:56 pm

My review: Yeah, it was alright.

It delivered the dinosaur-based moderate threat, occasional bloody moments and action violence that I expect from a Jurassic Park movie.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:24 pm

Where would you guys rank it in the series?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:38 pm

To be completely honest with you, I haven't seen it. :oops:

But I'm guessing it's the worst.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:03 pm

sounds like someone is deflecting some serious rejection :-P

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:42 pm

A spoiler filled and funny review of sorts

For those of us who aren't going to see this movie, but are kinda curious to what happens.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:21 pm

Fried Gold wrote:It delivered the dinosaur-based moderate threat, occasional bloody moments and action violence that I expect from a Jurassic Park movie.

Those are the expectations for a Jurassic Park movie? I kind of miss the days of dinosaur wonder. :(
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Return to Movie Discussion