ALIEN: COVENANT (Prometheus 2)

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: ALIEN: COVENANT (Prometheus 2)

Postby Fievel on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:44 am

Peven wrote:I fucking hate this movie more as time passes. I

Same.
It takes a special kind of shitfest to create an ever-growing level of hate, but this film does it. I wish it was written and directed by Paul W.S. Anderson - because at least it would be obvious why it was so horrible.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:16 pm

i wish i could join in on the hatefest, but truthfully, even though i know i watched this, i can't remember a damn thing about it. i think that robot guy turned into some kind of dr. frankenstein creating aliens or something?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:23 pm

Yeah, I know I discussed this briefly when the movie first came out, but Alien: Covenant is that special kind of bad because it's horrifically misguided on several levels. I'm sure the studio was insistent that this one (unwisely) ignore all the Engineer stuff from Prometheus and just give audiences a straight-up xenomorph horrorfest, but then Ridley Scott was arrogant enough to think he could turn that corporate hack-job into a Real Film, and so amid the chaos and stupidity we're also treated to scenes of Michael Fassbender fingering himself*.

*not what it sounds like
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Previous

Return to Movie Discussion