Random Coaxial

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Random Coaxial

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:51 pm

thank god for "all in the family" and "the jeffersons" or we wouldn't have an interstate highway system or a civil rights movement. :roll: considering both those things came into existence well before those shows existed, before most people even had a tv even, norman lear must've had some insane time-travelling skills. oh wait, those things were probably thanks to the fact that everyone listened to the same radio shows back then, so we should probably just ditch tv altogether and go back to radio. AM radio, to be safe.

i wonder if you have even an ounce of self-awareness to realize how stupid and pompous you sound every time you go off on one of your diatribes, but it's pretty obvious by now you haven't a clue, so go ahead and do your superior dance, i'll be over here in the corner laughing at you.

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:49 pm

I don't know what is happening.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:41 am

i've been catching up with Mr. Mercedes. this show has a ridiculous amount of talent attached to it: david e kelley, dennis lehane, jack bender. it's like an all-star cast behind the scenes. that's probably why it's been so good. i've enjoyed the series much more than the books, despite the fact that the story is essentially unchanged. season 1 is based on the 1st book. i'm now 2 episodes into season 2, which appears to skip the 2nd book entirely and dive right into 'end of watch'. guess that makes sense since mr. mercedes himself is almost entirely absent from the 2nd book, and i suppose they could always go back and make book 2 the basis for season 3, assuming they make certain changes to how book 3 ends.

this show is a good reminder that stephen king, for all his shortcomings that were especially annoying in this particular series of books, is still capable of delivering good stories. with better dialogue writers (no ebonics in the tv version, thankfully) and less focus on pointless tech crap, the end result is pretty entertaining.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:54 am

apparently Lindsay Lohan has given up on being a muslim and now she's got a reality tv show about owning a beach club. natural progression. i will DEFINITELY not be watching.

LiLo is 32 years old. i saw an interview with her yesterday and she definitely looks like a 62-year-old woman who has had plastic surgery to look 32.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:16 am

:roll:
TheBaxter wrote:apparently Lindsay Lohan has given up on being a muslim and now she's got a reality tv show about owning a beach club. natural progression. i will DEFINITELY not be watching.

"Lohan's team must prove their expertise, ambition and charm while helping bring Lohan's vision to life," according to a press release from the network. "The stakes are high as the team establishes new friendships and alliances while striving to rise above the temptations the Mykonos nightlife scene has to offer."

What's not to like? :roll:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:29 am

Well, you have to be careful with members of the Bene Gesserit.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:45 pm

Russian Doll on Netflix. This looks pretty interesting, but man do I hate that actress.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:54 pm

so sorry wrote:

Russian Doll on Netflix. This looks pretty interesting, but man do I hate that actress.

yeah, and she looks NOTHING like ivanka trump.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:35 am

it looks like it could be really good. or really disappointing. it's high on my list to find out either way

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:42 am

Cobra Kai season 2 trailer. I never did watch the first season, since they only offered 2 episodes for free. What I watched seemed ok, but wasn't worth pursuing (or paying for). This looks like more of the same.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:28 am

so sorry wrote:

Cobra Kai season 2 trailer. I never did watch the first season, since they only offered 2 episodes for free. What I watched seemed ok, but wasn't worth pursuing (or paying for). This looks like more of the same.

season 1 was awesome, so much better than i expected. i'll definitely be seeing season 2 somehow. if the first 2 episodes didn't hook you, the rest probably wouldn't change your mind, but for me it hit my nostalgia bone hard like a crane kick to the face. but it didn't just rely on nostalgia alone, the story really worked, the characters (esp Johnny) were much more complex and there was some GoT-worthy family drama (ok, maybe that's a bit excessive). the setup for season 2 was obvious, but it should be pretty interesting with Kreese back around (not sure why i spoiler-texted that, it's in the trailer).
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:33 pm

holy shit I love this movie, but I can't find it on region 1 dvd and I've been waiting for years.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Wolfpack on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:30 pm

Watching Love, Death and Robots on Netflix and really enjoying it. The episodes are short - their longest one is about 17 minutes, but of the ones I have seen so far have been pretty engaging.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:31 pm

the girlfriend and I watched the first 5 the other night and I enjoyed them, reminded me of an updated "Heavy Metal" or "Creepshow"

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:34 am

more Cobra Kai (but probably don't watch unless you've seen Season 1)...

just like season 1, this is looking really good.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 03, 2019 12:38 pm

so i finished up watching Cobra Kai Season 2. another really strong season, probably not quite as good or as focused as season 1, but close enough. season 3 is already greenlit, which is good, because this season leaves so many threads hanging that you could swing across them like Donkey Kong Jr.

can't really go into too much detail, since i don't even know if anyone else here is watching this, but should note that the show will be made available for free (with ads) later this year in the fall for those who don't want to pay the subscription.

one of the funniest things about this show is how they keep teasing the audience with the idea of Daniel and Johnny becoming friends, only to pull the rug out from beneath them romantic-comedy style. i'm probably not the only person watching who keeps "'shipping" these dudes, not in a romantic way but in a buddy-buddy, male-bonding way... it's almost like the sexual tension on shows like Cheers (Sam and Diane), Friends (Rachel and Ross), Big Bang Theory (Penny and Leonard), X-Files (Mulder and Scully), Moonlighting (David and Maddie) etc etc etc... except, like i said, instead of being star-crossed lovers who everyone's waiting to finally get together, they feel like they're destined to become buddies and team up, but every time they get close, something happens to drive them further apart. it's a fun twist on the formula, and it's been amusing up to this point, but hopefully they don't keep repeating the same formula every season... sooner or later you've got to pay it off, and where this season leaves off, you can definitely see the opportunity for that to occur in season 3.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Fri May 03, 2019 1:20 pm

TheBaxter wrote:so i finished up watching Cobra Kai Season 2. another really strong season, probably not quite as good or as focused as season 1, but close enough. season 3 is already greenlit, which is good, because this season leaves so many threads hanging that you could swing across them like Donkey Kong Jr.

can't really go into too much detail, since i don't even know if anyone else here is watching this, but should note that the show will be made available for free (with ads) later this year in the fall for those who don't want to pay the subscription.

one of the funniest things about this show is how they keep teasing the audience with the idea of Daniel and Johnny becoming friends, only to pull the rug out from beneath them romantic-comedy style. i'm probably not the only person watching who keeps "'shipping" these dudes, not in a romantic way but in a buddy-buddy, male-bonding way... it's almost like the sexual tension on shows like Cheers (Sam and Diane), Friends (Rachel and Ross), Big Bang Theory (Penny and Leonard), X-Files (Mulder and Scully), Moonlighting (David and Maddie) etc etc etc... except, like i said, instead of being star-crossed lovers who everyone's waiting to finally get together, they feel like they're destined to become buddies and team up, but every time they get close, something happens to drive them further apart. it's a fun twist on the formula, and it's been amusing up to this point, but hopefully they don't keep repeating the same formula every season... sooner or later you've got to pay it off, and where this season leaves off, you can definitely see the opportunity for that to occur in season 3.

Hmmm, for free with ads? I'll have to remember this come the fall.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Wed May 08, 2019 1:45 pm

let the complaining begin.....

looks interesting to me :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Al Shut on Wed May 08, 2019 1:51 pm

The important question will be 'Does it have a psycic squid?'
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheBaxter on Wed May 08, 2019 2:14 pm

i've been looking forward to this. i don't recognize anything from that trailer that aligns with the movie or graphic novel, so i'm thinking this is some king of sequel, taking place after the events of the movie/novel perhaps? seems like this may be based off of Doomsday Clock, which i haven't read and know nothing about plotwise.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Wed May 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re:

Postby so sorry on Fri May 17, 2019 9:53 am

July 27th, 2007, Fried Gold wrote:These new preair TV pilots doing the rounds:

The Big Bang Theory - really really awful. Terrible. So bad it makes you wonder what got turned down in order for this to be made.

[12 seasons later]

Anyone want to discuss the series finale of the Big Bang Theory??????????
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: Re:

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 17, 2019 12:11 pm

so sorry wrote:

The Big Bang Theory - really really awful. Terrible. So bad it makes you wonder what got turned down in order for this to be made.

[12 seasons later]

i have a feeling it will turn out to have been more satisfying than the GoT finale.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: Re:

Postby so sorry on Fri May 17, 2019 12:40 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
so sorry wrote:

[12 seasons later]

i have a feeling it will turn out to have been more satisfying than the GoT finale.

BAZINGA!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Wolfpack on Sat May 18, 2019 12:04 pm

I'm watching a little show called Starch Wreck on Netflix. Why is it so easy to knock people out in the 24th Century? Just one tap on the back and they're out cold. It's like watching a bunch of Italian soccer players.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Wolfpack on Sun May 26, 2019 12:11 pm

Now that the Throne Games are over I would recommend watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix. It's set in 9th century England during King Alfred's reign. It's historical fiction so there aren't any dragons or sarcastic dwarves to bring in the masses but it's blend of action and intrigue is satisfying enough to keep watching. There is plenty of T & A, and 11 episodes in the main character has thus far shagged four women onscreen.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Sun May 26, 2019 2:22 pm

Wolfpack wrote:Now that the Throne Games are over I would recommend watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix. It's set in 9th century England during King Alfred's reign. It's historical fiction so there aren't any dragons or sarcastic dwarves to bring in the masses but it's blend of action and intrigue is satisfying enough to keep watching.

bah. no dragons, no dwarves, no zombies? sounds boring.

Wolfpack wrote:There is plenty of T & A, and 11 episodes in the main character has thus far shagged four women onscreen.

Dude! you should have led with that. count me in!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:59 pm

Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Maui on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:29 pm

Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:33 pm

I watched a fairly gruesome and gripping Swedish crime drama on Acorn. It's called Rebecka Martinsson. It's worth a watch.

In a television world now awash in female coppers, there aren't many as interesting and human as Rebecka" (Wall Street Journal). This gripping Swedish crime drama follows Rebecka Martinsson, a successful Stockholm lawyer whose life is turned upside down after a violent death in the hometown she tried to leave behind.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Peven on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:05 pm

Maui wrote:I watched a fairly gruesome and gripping Swedish crime drama on Acorn. It's called Rebecka Martinsson. It's worth a watch.

In a television world now awash in female coppers, there aren't many as interesting and human as Rebecka" (Wall Street Journal). This gripping Swedish crime drama follows Rebecka Martinsson, a successful Stockholm lawyer whose life is turned upside down after a violent death in the hometown she tried to leave behind.

is it Girl With the Dragon Tatooish? :wink:

thanks for the heads up, great to see you! :D

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:42 pm

Peven wrote:
Maui wrote:I watched a fairly gruesome and gripping Swedish crime drama on Acorn. It's called Rebecka Martinsson. It's worth a watch.

is it Girl With the Dragon Tatooish? :wink:

thanks for the heads up, great to see you! :D

Does it follow the Nordic noir formula with a damaged female and a whodunnit to solve? Yes, it does.

Good to see ya too!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Wolfpack on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:52 pm

It sounds like the sort of series set in a small town with a perpetually overcast sky and where everyone has something to hide.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:21 pm

Wolfpack wrote:It sounds like the sort of series set in a small town with a perpetually overcast sky and where everyone has something to hide.

Just like my favorite crime drama, Murderborg.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Maui on Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Ribbons wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:It sounds like the sort of series set in a small town with a perpetually overcast sky and where everyone has something to hide.

Just like my favorite crime drama, Murderborg.

:roll:
Maui
WoWie

Previous

Return to Coaxial