The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby so sorry on Thu May 09, 2019 1:52 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote:The film can shit directly into my eyes and I'll still find an excuse to love it probably.

Unless it actually is shit.

Either way, I don't really need to see anything for this. Just take my money.

Sonic the Hedgehog????
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri May 10, 2019 10:22 am

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Does anyone care? Do I care?

My first issue here is the cinematography. Like they shot the film through a bowl of soup.
caruso_stalker217

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:09 am

looks alright to me. you never can tell with trailers. they're definitely playing up the shining connection, that's for sure. as you'd expect i suppose.
so where's the psychic cat?
wonder how they'll handle THAT cameo. or if they'll just ditch it completely.
btw, the twist ending is that this film isn't actually a sequel to The Shining... it's a sequel to Ready Player One.

NOS4A2 (by steve king jr.) is on AMC right now. those two books had a minor connection between them. it'd be funny if the adaptations did also.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:36 am

caruso_stalker217 wrote:Does anyone care? Do I care?

My first issue here is the cinematography. Like they shot the film through a bowl of soup.

Slow burn trailer. Nice to see for once instead of POW ZIP BANG BWWWWWWAAAAAAAA PEW PEW!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:41 am

so sorry wrote:
caruso_stalker217 wrote:Does anyone care? Do I care?

Slow burn trailer. Nice to see for once instead of POW ZIP BANG BWWWWWWAAAAAAAA PEW PEW!

They didn't even tell us to "GET....READY....FOR....THE....RIDE....OF....YOUR....LIFE!"
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:26 am

Wolfpack wrote:They didn't even tell us to "GET....READY....FOR....THE....RIDE....OF....YOUR....DEATH!"

ftfy
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:17 pm

This is EXACTLY how I remember this show!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:03 am

TheBaxter wrote: they're definitely playing up the shining connection, that's for sure. as you'd expect i suppose.

Sounds easier than trying to explain what the title is supposed to mean.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Peven on Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:12 pm

meanwhile, there is this movie on the horizon, though I think it looks too smart to get much attention....

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Peven wrote:meanwhile, there is this movie on the horizon, though I think it looks too smart to get much attention....

Well it stars Brad Pitt, so its going to get more attention then it probably deserves. Looks like a mashup of the past few astronauts-in-peril-saving-the-world movies.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Wolfpack on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:45 pm

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:meanwhile, there is this movie on the horizon, though I think it looks too smart to get much attention....

Well it stars Brad Pitt, so its going to get more attention then it probably deserves. Looks like a mashup of the past few astronauts-in-peril-saving-the-world movies.

There were a few 'splosions. That might help a bit as well.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:25 pm

right, a big star means money for brainy science fiction movies, 'cause look how good "Interstellar" did, right? Pitt is not box office bank by any means, I could list his movies that were released and went away quietly but I don't feel like typing that much right now. "2001" is a great movie and one that deals with both science fiction and existentialism but hardly one that joe average 'merican appreciated then or now. "Arrival" and "BladeRunner 2049" were absolutely fantastic films that were also very smart and mature and nuanced in their approach to existential subject material and neither threatened to break any box office records. this looks to have more Hollywood elements than "2001" but it also looks to deal with some heavy duty ideas and concepts as well, which means it will be doomed to make less than a movie like "The Martian", an adequate but completely Hollywood, contrived movie for the masses with simplistic moralizations, 5th grade level science concepts, and almost zero existential content of any depth.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:07 am

Peven wrote:...with simplistic moralizations, 5th grade level science concepts, and almost zero existential content of any depth.

Are we we talking about Trump soundbites or a typical Peven post? I think I deleted too much.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:44 am

Fievel wrote:
Peven wrote:...with simplistic moralizations, 5th grade level science concepts, and almost zero existential content of any depth.

Are we we talking about Trump soundbites or a typical Peven post? I think I deleted too much.

5th grade is a bit too advanced for Trump.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Its truly amazing how this looks exactly like that trashy Michael Bay Pearl Harbor movie from 2001.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:45 am

so sorry wrote:

Its truly amazing how this looks exactly like that trashy Michael Bay Pearl Harbor movie from 2001.

Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:27 pm

Here's a teaser for something called The Hunt:

It feels a little reminiscent of recent high-concept Most Dangerous Game thrillers like The Purge or Hotel Artemis. That said, the pedigree has my attention: co-written by Damon Lindelof and Nick Cuse and directed by Craig Zobel, who all worked together on The Leftovers, including one particularly bonkers episode in season 3.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Ribbons wrote:Here's a teaser for something called The Hunt:

It feels a little reminiscent of recent high-concept Most Dangerous Game thrillers like The Purge or Hotel Artemis. That said, the pedigree has my attention: co-written by Damon Lindelof and Nick Cuse and directed by Craig Zobel, who all worked together on The Leftovers, including one particularly bonkers episode in season 3.

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:03 pm

so sorry wrote:
Ribbons wrote:Here's a teaser for something called The Hunt:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:38 pm

Wolfpack wrote:
so sorry wrote:

There were a few 'splosions. That might help a bit as well.

Second trailer, way different than the first.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:25 pm

Top Gun: John McCain

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:49 am

TheBaxter wrote:Top Gun: John McCain

the money shot at the end with him flying off in the vintage Tomcat.... that's some good shit right there.

This looks like it may follow the same damn plot as the original, but fuck it, looks like some good old fashion jingoistic fun. Wonder if they will embrace the gayness now that we're a woke country? :D
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Holy shit.

Not gonna lie. I laughed straight through this thing, beginning to end. I laughed so fucking hard I cried.

I can't talk shit about any other movie that comes out this year, because holy fuck what a trainwreck.
caruso_stalker217

Postby so sorry on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:51 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote:Holy shit.

Not gonna lie. I laughed straight through this thing, beginning to end. I laughed so fucking hard I cried.

I can't talk shit about any other movie that comes out this year, because holy fuck what a trainwreck.

Yeah this is getting all the social media people all worked up today. It is really weird looking. This could go down as an all time Best-Worst movie thing.

Unless you're a furry. In which case, have a box of tissues nearby...

PS Fucking Rebel Wilson, I don't understand why this girl is still getting work. She is fucking horrible. HORRIBLE.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:37 pm

I feel sorry for the actress with the "introducing" credit. What are the odds this kills her career before it starts?
caruso_stalker217

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:56 pm

That wasn't singing. That was shouting.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:18 am

so sorry wrote:

Yeah this is getting all the social media people all worked up today. It is really weird looking. This could go down as an all time Best-Worst movie thing.

Unless you're a furry. In which case, have a box of tissues nearby...

We like to make fun of Hollywood producers snorting coke and making bad decisions a lot. I'm pretty sure that's what actually happened here.

[snort] "Holy fuck, it's like the director of Les Miserables…" [snort] "...and Taylor Swift wants to be in this thing too!? It's like we're fucking printing money here!" [snort] "...this is going to be the Hollywood event of the fucking SEASON! Christmas, baby!"
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:42 pm

oh the nightmares, they will be delicious.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Al Shut on Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:05 am

I have no idea what everybody is talking about, looks pretty much what I thought a movie version of Cats (which I never saw, nor listend, nor paid much attention to) would look like.

I kind of like it, will check it out sooner or later, and hope it's a huge success that will lead to a live action The Cat Returns
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:02 am

At least they didn't spell it with a Z.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:39 am

Al Shut wrote:I have no idea what everybody is talking about, looks pretty much what I thought a movie version of Cats (which I never saw, nor listend, nor paid much attention to) would look like.

I kind of like it, will check it out sooner or later, and hope it's a huge success that will lead to a live action The Cat Returns

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but I can tell you that what made it so odd looking to me was the not-quite-CGI, not quite-costumes effect. Some of those close up face shots look amateurish, and the big complaint that I read most was the anthropomorphic choices (the girls have boobs, but the guys don't seem to have even a Ken Doll bulge). And there's a still shot out there of the main female dancer/performer doing a pirouette that makes you really question the digital animator's choice of where to attach the tail to her body :shock:

And that's the technical critique of mine. The hammy overacting Broadway style doesn't appeal to me personally, so it looks goofy as hell.

And it has Rebel Wilson in it. That alone should knock this thing down a few percentages on the Rotten Tomatoes-meter.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:47 am

in all fairness, if they released a trailer for the Broadway version of Cats, it would probably be just as goofy and creepy. maybe that's why Broadway plays don't release trailers?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:51 am

"If you fail, it will be a massacre."

No pressure kid!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:13 am

TheBaxter wrote:in all fairness, if they released a trailer for the Broadway version of Cats, it would probably be just as goofy and creepy. maybe that's why Broadway plays don't release trailers?

caruso_stalker217

Postby so sorry on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:50 pm

Dolomite is My Name

If a movie has all african american actors in it, is it racist to think it looks bad? Cause this looks really stupid. Maybe its Eddie... to me it looks like he's just doing a SNL skit.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:21 pm

i mean, the long-awaited return of R-Rated Eddie Murphy is intriguing at least. who knows what that will look like in 2019?
kinda gives me a Boogie Nights vibe. this film could go either way.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:47 am

You know, HUSTLE & FLOW was a really good film.

This looks like a shitburger.
caruso_stalker217

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:28 am

so sorry wrote:

Dolomite is My Name

If a movie has all african american actors in it, is it racist to think it looks bad? Cause this looks really stupid. Maybe its Eddie... to me it looks like he's just doing a SNL skit.

People have trashed most of the Madea films without any ill effects. They're probably safe here.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Previous

Return to Movie News