New Spidey Movie (w/ 100% More Flashpoint!)

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

New Spidey Movie (w/ 100% More Flashpoint!)

Postby so sorry on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:00 am

The drama over Spiderman's rights continues...

This is a pretty wild story in general. If they don't come to an agreement, then all the Tom Holland MCU Spiderman "canon" will discontinue with any new SONY Spiderman movies? That's crazy.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: New Spidey Movie

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:19 am

so sorry wrote:The drama over Spiderman's rights continues...

This is a pretty wild story in general. If they don't come to an agreement, then all the Tom Holland MCU Spiderman "canon" will discontinue with any new SONY Spiderman movies? That's crazy.

gee, let's all hope we can go back now and resume the prematurely truncated Andrew Garfield story arc.

another day, another spiderman....
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:45 pm

From what I can parse through the various articles and sources that have been published in the last few days, Sony producers really want to make a bunch of dumb movies with Spider-Man in them like Venom 3 and The Sinister Six that aren't sanctioned by the MCU, and Disney didn't want to waste its time on a character they didn't own the rights to unless they received 50% of the box office gross and 100% of the merchandise profits.

In other words, there are only assholes in this particular conflict.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:14 pm

In some of the weirdest news I've heard in awhile, Jamie Foxx is in talks to reprise his role as Electro for the new Spider-Man movie. Electro was last seen in the garbage fire The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which was four Spider-Man films and one reboot ago.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:38 am

Ribbons wrote:In some of the weirdest news I've heard in awhile, Jamie Foxx is in talks to reprise his role as Electro for the new Spider-Man movie. Electro was last seen in the garbage fire The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which was four Spider-Man films and one reboot ago.

Yeah I read this too. It’s an interesting idea, bringing back a shit character from a shit movie and putting him in a theoretically better movie. Next up: jim Carrey reprises his Riddler in the next Batman movie please.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:18 pm

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:26 pm

That's cool. I seem to remember liking the movie version of Doc Ock, but hating the movie itself.

Since this is a new Spidey all together, then it can't be a continuation of the earlier version, so its an interesting proposition to bring the same actor to play the same role but in a totally different way.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:23 am

Based on the fact that Doctor Strange is also in this thing, I have feeling we're going to see some multiverse shenanigans. It's not the direction I imagined this version of Spider-Man would go, but I'm curious to see if they can pull it off.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Ribbons wrote:Based on the fact that Doctor Strange is also in this thing, I have feeling we're going to see some multiverse shenanigans. It's not the direction I imagined this version of Spider-Man would go, but I'm curious to see if they can pull it off.

So there's a chance we can see dancin' Toby Maguire/Spiderman again?????!!!!

EDIT: Ribbons ftw!

https://collider.com/spider-man-3-cast- ... -garfield/
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: New Spidey Movie (w/ 100% More Flashpoint!)

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:55 pm

so sorry wrote:
Ribbons wrote:Based on the fact that Doctor Strange is also in this thing, I have feeling we're going to see some multiverse shenanigans. It's not the direction I imagined this version of Spider-Man would go, but I'm curious to see if they can pull it off.

So there's a chance we can see dancin' Toby Maguire/Spiderman again?????!!!!

EDIT: Ribbons ftw!

https://collider.com/spider-man-3-cast- ... -garfield/

hopefully we'll also see this spiderman:

and this one:

and this one:

and definitely this one:

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:43 am

Just as long as that stupid SpiderHam doesn't show up.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:13 pm

so sorry wrote:Just as long as that stupid SpiderHam doesn't show up.

not only does he show up... he sings the theme song:

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:50 pm

Spiderman 2 remains one of the best comic movies made imo. :D

latest word is that Daredevil is going to be in the next movie, as well, with Charlie Cox reprising his Netflix role. I think they are really going with an old school silver age feel for the new Spiderman movies with these choices, to be honest. I like it.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Peven wrote:

latest word is that Daredevil is going to be in the next movie, as well, with Charlie Cox reprising his Netflix role. I think they are really going with an old school silver age feel for the new Spiderman movies with these choices, to be honest. I like it.

i hope the Daredevil film uses the same multiverse theme so we can see Ben Affleck's Daredevil again.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:50 am

TheBaxter wrote:
Peven wrote:

i hope the Daredevil film uses the same multiverse theme so we can see Ben Affleck's Daredevil again.

one, the latest word is that DD is going to make an appearance in the next Spiderman movie, not his own movie. who knows, maybe he'll get a disney series :?

B- if a Johnson had died the day before filming and a guy like Tony Scott had directed it with the same cast and story I think the Affleck DD movie could have been kick ass. unfortunately it was directed by a guy with the mentality of an immature 16 yr old.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Return to Movie News