Howard Stern's Sirius Show Is On The Air!!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Howard Stern's Sirius Show Is On The Air!!

Postby Moriarty on Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:10 am

Moriarty
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:17 am

I'm loving the live transcription
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby thomasgaffney on Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:26 am

Thanks, Mori! I love Stern, but I'm still undecided if I want to get Sirius. I truly thought the show would start off with Fuck This and Fuck That, but it sounds hilarious!
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

REPOST FOR THE SAKE OF REPOSTING

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:57 pm

Is it just me or is having George Takei on the show one of the most inspired ideas of the show's history?

Not only because of who he is, but his voice is so perfect for announcing, I think. And he's now a raging Asian queen who likes Boy Scout leaders.

"Oh my!"
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby buster00 on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:14 pm

I wanted to drag this one out of the grave to get a progress report. Not out of any particular fondness for or devotion to Stern, I'm just curious whether the new car smell is wearing off.

Those of us who haven't yet made the satellite radio switch await advisement...please and thank you...
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby JabberJaw on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:25 pm

buster00 wrote:I wanted to drag this one out of the grave to get a progress report. Not out of any particular fondness for or devotion to Stern, I'm just curious whether the new car smell is wearing off.

Those of us who haven't yet made the satellite radio switch await advisement...please and thank you...

The show has been great. He doesnt get overtly ridiculous with the cursing. My favorite part of Stern through the years has always been the crew kicking back and telling stories and busting balls. Well they dont have to govern how they talk, so it has been funny as hell and very entertaining.

He has some great shows on his channels. Superfan Round Table is great, the wrap up show with baba booey and Jon Hein, Howard 100 news is the best. Even Bubba the love sponge can be amusing at times. The whole gang is putting a lot of energy in the shows.

If your a fan, i highly recommend getting hooked up. The only frustrating thing is simply not as convenient as regular radio. I cant get a signal in my office at work and have yet to pick up the S50 to record the show. The whole package is worth it though, blows radio out of the water with its content
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby docfalken on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:26 pm

I'm loving the show. The interview with Larry Kings wife and the Dumbledore ex-NFL player were gold. I'm missing George Takei as well.

The thing I've found is that I don't have enough time to listen to all of the shows. I've got older shows still to listen to and I'm loving it.

I'm a little tired of the Howard 100 news stuff (geez, too much already), but the rest of the content is outstanding. The downside is that it really is headphones/windows up content and I've run into a few situations (like the drive thru at Chick-fil-a) where someone has overhead what I'm listening to and given me a dirty look.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby JabberJaw on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:29 pm

docfalken wrote:I'm loving the show. The interview with Larry Kings wife and the my lover ex-NFL player were gold. I'm missing George Takei as well.

The thing I've found is that I don't have enough time to listen to all of the shows. I've got older shows still to listen to and I'm loving it.

I'm a little tired of the Howard 100 news stuff (geez, too much already), but the rest of the content is outstanding. The downside is that it really is headphones/windows up content and I've run into a few situations (like the drive thru at Chick-fil-a) where someone has overhead what I'm listening to and given me a dirty look.

Great part is, they replay the show so you can catch more of it if you can.
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby buster00 on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:37 pm

How much use do you get from your satellite radio apart from Howard?

XM users, feel free to join the fray...I'm trying to make an informed purchase, here...
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby JabberJaw on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:45 pm

buster00 wrote:How much use do you get from your satellite radio apart from Howard?

XM users, feel free to join the fray...I'm trying to make an informed purchase, here...

Personally i never listen to regular radio anymore. I listen to the Stern stations the most. But the music stations are great, i like raw dog (stand up comedy uncensored), sirius has NFL. There is a lot on there i enjoy other than Howard.

I find myself listening to sirius and not turning on the tv quite a bit.
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:46 pm

buster00 wrote:How much use do you get from your satellite radio apart from Howard?

I wonder this too. I was in Circuit City and tried to tune into Howard 100 and 101 and it said you needed to get an additional subscription. I asked the person working the floor if he can tune into the station b/c I wanted to hear what it sounded like and he said something about having to pay extra for the channel.

I know Howard said that it is a flat 12.99 a month for EVERY channel on the Sirius line-up.

Is CC just blowing smoke or is this legit? I too am interested in making a purchase.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby JabberJaw on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:51 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:

I wonder this too. I was in Circuit City and tried to tune into Howard 100 and 101 and it said you needed to get an additional subscription. I asked the person working the floor if he can tune into the station b/c I wanted to hear what it sounded like and he said something about having to pay extra for the channel.

I know Howard said that it is a flat 12.99 a month for EVERY channel on the Sirius line-up.

Is CC just blowing smoke or is this legit? I too am interested in making a purchase.

Yeah, its 12.95 for everything, there is no additional cost for Howard. I had it on at Circuit City a few months ago when i was getting a new receiver for my car.
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby docfalken on Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:19 am

Circuit City seems to have those "adult" channels turned off in the store. I wanted to hear the show too and they couldn't dial it in.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:21 am

docfalken wrote:Circuit City seems to have those "adult" channels turned off in the store. I wanted to hear the show too and they couldn't dial it in.

What a bunch of douches.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Return to Coaxial