Stern on Sirius

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Stern on Sirius

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:40 pm

Stern!!!
Last edited by Pops Freshenmeyer on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:48 pm

STERN!!! STERN!!!!

STERN!!!!

No.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby buster00 on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:19 am

Preach the Heavy Metal Gospel from the highest mountaintops, ONeill! Am I reading you properly?

"HANGING'S TOO GOOD FOR 'IM!

BUURRRNNING'S TOO GOOD FOR 'IM!!

STERN!!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby docfalken on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:42 am

I didn't get a chance to listen to the show live but the torrents were online just minutes after it ended. I'm about half way through listening to today's final show.

Now I have to figure out how to get my wife to buy me a Sirius device and subscription by January 9th.

The RedSkunk.org guys got a cease and desist recently but the seem to be ontop of the Stern downloads.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:12 am

Anyone have Sirius now? In 1998 or '99, I saw an ad asking for Sirius investors. I was an idiot not to partake. Anyway, is anyone with a Sirius reciever able to tape the show? If show, I'm sure copies will start appearing on eBay soon enough.
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby Vegeta on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:46 am

Not to be a complete hater, but I cannot see purchasing Sirius radio to listen to Howard Stern! Seriously... with all the dick, fart and take off your clothes antics... I only really see this as a draw for 12 year olds. Really immature 12 year olds.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:47 am

buster00 wrote:"HANGING'S TOO GOOD FOR 'IM!

BUURRRNNING'S TOO GOOD FOR 'IM!!

STERN!!

Holy crappa it's a the Hanover Fist! Hehehe... You gotta to love a that whole bit inna the Heavy Metal movie, no? You gotta the Scooby Doo chase scene with a the Cheap Trick music anna everything...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby so sorry on Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:17 pm

as much as i'd like to own Sirius and listen to Howard again, i can't justify the 12 bucks a month.
david lee roth is pretty fucking terrible though, but what choice do i have? i need to listen to talk radio on my drive to work every morning...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby docfalken on Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:50 pm

Sirius should make the show available via iTunes every day for .99 cents. I'd pay to download it every day. I just don't want the inconvenience of having to get satellite radio. I want it on my ipod and it doesn't have to be in real time.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:41 pm

on Jan. 3rd, Stern did a 70 minute sound test on Sirius. You can find this on Limewire, or even Kazaa, I'm sure. Yesterday's first episode is on there as well. Thank god for the web.
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby docfalken on Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:11 pm

did you hear Schwarzenegger on the Howard Stern show today? He was cussing, making fun of Mexicans, and gays. It was unreal. I'm still cringing from listening to it.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:03 pm

oh man
i gotta d/l this bitch the instant i get home. i cant wait to hear it.
although, i was thinking about the move to the uncensored territories of sirius, and something dawned on me. a good portion of what i found funny about the show is the way they (particularly howard) got around being bleeped. like hearing him figure out how to talk about butt sex in a family friendly way. hearing him use expressions like f'ing, buttocks, the bad place etc were (to me) funnier than the actual swears that they were replacing. or how about their reactions when a guest would cuss on the air. that shit was alway hilarious to me. their sort of well we didnt say it, so you cant hold us responsible, yet we must still chastize our guest over it attitude. comedy gold. so i actually thought being completely uncensored might actually be less funny. that being said, i cant wait to hear this shit uncensored. im hoping im totally wrong about that shit.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bluebottle on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:35 pm

which section was the schwartzenegger part in?
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bluebottle on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:44 pm

wow, i'm listening to it now.

he's obviously joking, like in a "oh, i'm so funny because i'm being a fowl mouthed jack-ass" kind of way... except he's not that funny, he's coming off like a foul mouthed jack-ass.

the way that he's ripping into George Takai...

i'm amazed this didn't make the news.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:49 pm

Bluebottle wrote:the way that he's ripping into George Takai...

did you hear the stern show on 11/10/05 when they interviewed takei after his big announcement? wow. i didnt think id ever know sulu THAT well. even after reading his autobiography.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:52 pm

I need to find a good torrent site cause everytime I find one they shut down or move...damnit
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby bluebottle on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:56 pm

Brocktune wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:the way that he's ripping into George Takai...

did you hear the stern show on 11/10/05 when they interviewed takei after his big announcement? wow. i didnt think id ever know sulu THAT well. even after reading his autobiography.

Schwartzenegger or Stern? I was talking about Schwartzenegger...

I haven't listened to Stern in years, we haven't had him up here in Canada for a while.

So... I download the occasional show.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:04 pm

oh, im sorry. stern.
i believe that you were saying that the guvernator was ripping takei on sterns new show, right? i forgot that you canucks dont get stern up there. (is canucks an inflammatory term?) i guess i thought perhaps that if you were a big enough star trek nerd (like me) that you might have downloaded the takei comes out of the closet show off of the torrents. i assume thats what arnold was ripping him about. the fact that sulu copped to enjoying orgies and the like.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bluebottle on Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:14 pm

Brocktune wrote:the fact that sulu copped to enjoying orgies and the like.

:shock:

now i must listen

(and canuck is my favorite term... i think it's endearing)
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:19 pm

Bluebottle wrote:

now i must listen

yeah, thats what i thought.
actually, i was more surprised to hear sulu actually admit to participating in orgies, than i was to find out that he participated in them.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Agent Alonzo on Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:05 am

Bluebottle wrote:

now i must listen

I prefer Americans Lite : Now with half tha calories...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby MiltonWaddams on Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:15 am

wasn't arnold a sex fiend back in the day?

"Bodybuilders party a lot, and once, in Gold's--the gym in Venice, California, where all the top guys train--there was a black girl who came out naked. Everybody jumped on her and took her upstairs, where we all got together." Asked by Manso if he was talking about a "gang bang," Schwarzenegger answered, "Yes, but not everybody, just the guys who can fuck in front of other guys. Not everybody can do that. Some think that they don't have a big-enough cock, so they can't get a hard-on. Having chicks around is the kind of thing that breaks up the intense training. It gives you relief, and then afterward you go back to the serious stuff."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/arnoldoui1.ht ml

gross.
MiltonWaddams
REAL DRAGON

Postby ocanbob79 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:57 am

Um.... that wasn't really Schwarzenegger. How could the Governor of what is widely considered the most liberal state in the country ever get away with what "Arnold" was saying? The Schwarzenegger impersonator is a regular caller on Howard's show. The reason the bit got so much better is because poor George Takei thought they were really speaking with Arnold Schwarzenegger. So, having George duped, they ran with it. They (Howard, Robin, Artie, etc.) finally caved and let him in on the gag. He was so bummed.
ocanbob79
GLIB

Postby so sorry on Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:52 am

Hey guys, i need to second what ocanbob79 said...
they have a guy that does Arnold's voice to a T.
a few months ago the impersonator was on howard and he was bashing women, and some idiot newreporter picked it up and ran with it (and later had to apologize for being an idiot and not checking his sources).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby docfalken on Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:25 pm

I just finally listened that far into the show. Wow, that guy is awesome.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:56 pm

Is it just me or is having George Takei on the show one of the most inspired ideas of the show's history?

Not only because of who he is, but his voice is so perfect for announcing, I think. And he's now a raging Asian queen who likes Boy Scout leaders.

"Oh my!"
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Ensign9 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:07 am

so sorry wrote:Hey guys, i need to second what ocanbob79 said...
they have a guy that does Arnold's voice to a T.
a few months ago the impersonator was on howard and he was bashing women, and some idiot newreporter picked it up and ran with it (and later had to apologize for being an idiot and not checking his sources).

He also said the US should blow up the moon and kill all sharks. The media took that seriously and reported on that as well.
Ensign9
GLIB

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:48 am

Finally got to listen to Stern for the first time.. must say i was quite underwhelmed, especially after getting through the Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant XFM radio broadcasts

They could definately do with being a little more self-depreciative towards their own work and skits (coz it's pretty hard to swallow when they're back-patting or spinning things in a positive light for everything), or at least have one person in the studio who can play the voice of reason.

But still, if i hadn't heard all the hype over the years I'd probably be quite impressed, coz it's a lot of airtime they gotta fill up.
The Anime Stock Exchange for all your anime tripe
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby docfalken on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:54 am

The George Takei pick is genius. They need to have him in the studio all the time. I wonder how next week is going to play out with having him going back home to Cali.

Also I'm enjoying the show. I just connect, put on my headphone and enjoy it throughout the morning.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:14 am

docfalken wrote:The George Takei pick is genius. They need to have him in the studio all the time. I wonder how next week is going to play out with having him going back home to Cali.

Also I'm enjoying the show. I just connect, put on my headphone and enjoy it throughout the morning.

I really wish he would stay on as a regular. Too bad he lives in the West Coast.

OMG!! Why not give him his own show? Do it live from Cali. It would be a variety talk show with guests, skits, stories.

Hell, if not a regular show, why not a Special, a la Sonny and Cher back in the day on ABC. A Radio-Variety Hour or so.

I need to get a job with Sirius.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Brocktune on Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:22 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
docfalken wrote:The George Takei pick is genius. They need to have him in the studio all the time. I wonder how next week is going to play out with having him going back home to Cali.

I really wish he would stay on as a regular. Too bad he lives in the West Coast.

OMG!! Why not give him his own show? Do it live from Cali. It would be a variety talk show with guests, skits, stories.

Hell, if not a regular show, why not a Special, a la Sonny and Cher back in the day on ABC. A Radio-Variety Hour or so.

I need to get a job with Sirius.

i couldnt agree more.
sulu is my favorite wack packer.
ipampilash every time they have him on, or play the sulu dance, or when i listen to his autobiography on tape.
this would be too funny.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to Coaxial