Paranoia Agent

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Paranoia Agent

Postby Pissed-Off Crawdad on Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:21 pm

Is anyone here watching Paranoia Agent? It's pretty good, but hard to get into unless you watch it from the beginning. I recommend downloading the episodes.
Pissed-Off Crawdad
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Bean on Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:21 am

I LOVE this anime, but I missed 2 episodes and it's hard to get back into it.. any idea where I can DL the episodes? BT?
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Pissed-Off Crawdad on Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:09 pm

Bit Torrent would probably be a good bet, but I personally downloaded them off of Limewire Pro (although I'm sure regular Limewire would work). But it's definitely one of those shows where you need to see each episode, because the story twists around quite often.
Pissed-Off Crawdad
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Shan on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:50 am

Paranoia Agent is bizarre. There's an ongoing theme of sorts but also a lot of episodes effectively stand alone except for when someone gets smacked on the bonce with a baseball bat (A bit of an oversimplification, I know).

The intention was to create an anthology of stories which were loosely linked by an overall theme but a lot of them can all but stand alone, there is some influence on the stories of the overall theme (the boy with the bat) but it's not always central.

** SLIGHT SPOILER ABOUT AN EPISODE **

A friend of mine who works in an animation company found the episode about animating a tv show really funny, especially as the running commentary (complete with pop up) describing each of the jobs involved in creating the animation and cutting to the person who did the job lying in a pool of blood, having been murdered by a staff member who cracked.
Shan
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:01 am

Whoa! Why didn't any of you fools say Paranoia Agent...directed by SATOSHI KON!!! I had to find that out in my video store ("hmm...crap, crap, crap, seen it, crap...Paronia Agent. Hey, somone mentioned that in the Zone, let's see what this is about...directed by SATOSHI KON!!! Holy shit!!!"

Kon makes brilliant films, period. Thanks for the flawed intel. though, now I got something to rent this week.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Paranoia Agent

Postby Ribbons on Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:37 am

Okay, here's one that's always bugged the crap out of me. The series in general is a little abstruse, but I feel like I got the gist of what was going on most of the time... except for the very last scene of the show, where the young detective suddenly becomes the old guy doing a mathematical equation with chalk in the middle of the street. What the hell is going on there?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re:

Postby Seppuku on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:53 am

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:Kon makes brilliant films, period.

Wait a minute, King of Nowhere directed this? You've been holding out on us, you old devil!

Nice bump, Ribs! It reminds me, I should really pick this up where I left off. I have a tendency to get really into anime series, get distracted by something in real life, and completely forget about them. It's happened with about 5 or 6 different shows.

I think I tried to start again a few months ago, but I couldn't get past the insanely annoying opening song. I might just hit the mute button and play Maxwell's Silver Hammer over the opening credits instead next time.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Re: Paranoia Agent

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:16 am

This is an awesome series! Im not sure about your question though Ribbons as it's been awhile since Ive seen it.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Return to Animation