Most Hated U2 Member

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Who Sucks a the Most?

Bono
56%
The Edge
12%
Adam
19%
Larry
14%

Total votes : 43

Most Hated U2 Member

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:02 pm

Over inna the Duet thread I mention that a the Dino, he hate a the Bono, eh? But I REALLY hate a the Adam. WORST...BASS PLAYER... EVER! Seriously, look inna to a your geek a heart, anna it's a no contest, eh?

You listen a to guys like a the John Entwistle from a The Who anna John Paul Jones from a Zeppelin anna their fingers are like, possessed or something, eh? They got notes alla over the place inna the perfect link with a the drums... it's a the true rhythm section, eh?

Case inna point, listen a to Entwistle onna "The Real Me" from a the Quadrophenia... holy crappa it's a like a the Zeus himself came down anna played onna that track.

Or a listen to Jones onna the "Ramble On" from a the Zeppelin2, eh? So mellow anna melodic atta the same time, anna you can a just a lose yourself inna the riff, no?

Anna then... you gotta the Adam "Eigth Note" Clayton... inna summary:

With or Without You - DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Bad - DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Where the Streets, They Have a No Name, eh? - DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM

Anna when a he tries to play a the sixteenth notes, his a fingers, they get alla fumbled anna he can a hardly do it.

Anna that smug look onna his a face alla the time... you just a know he's a thinking "Hehe... I just a made a the $250,000 for each eigth-note I played there... take THAT Dino!"

So... which a U2 guy do a you hate a the most anna why... anna I donna wanna to see any U2 defenders onna here!!! No apologists, you putzes... go anna create your own "I love a the U2" discussion a somewhere else, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:05 pm

I voted for Larry only because I nothing about the guy...
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:15 pm

Holy crap, I didn't know Adam Clayton was Italian!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:17 pm

I really don't get the disdain for U2. Okay, I can understand it actually, but these guys use the money they make off their homogenized albums for really good things. So I am willing to forgive some coldplay style pablum knowing what Bono does with his own filthy lucre in trying to prevent AIDS in Africa and the like.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:18 pm

And if I have to pick a worse member, then I choose the Edge. Only because he has the most pretentious name in Rock music. At least Madonna was actually BORN with that name.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:00 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:but these guys use the money they make off their homogenized albums for really good things. So I am willing to forgive some coldplay style pablum knowing what Bono does with his own filthy lucre in trying to prevent AIDS in Africa and the like.

WHAT PART OF A "NO APOLOGISTS" ANNA "GO ANNA START YOUR OWN I LOVE A THE U2 THREAD" DID A YOU NOT UNNERSTAND, EH?

It's a like I speak a the foreign language or a something, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:58 pm

If i had to pick one of these guys, i have to go with Bono. he's the ring leader, and without him, the other three are just a couple of irish douchbags. for example, the whole Zooropa shit that they did years ago was all Bono's idea... I'm sure Larry just sat there in the corner and said shit like "wow, what a great idea Mr Bono! I love it!"

and i hate the sunglasses Sir Bono wears.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Brocktune on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:06 pm

i picked bono as well. that fuck. every time i see his greasy ugly ass mug with his stupid sunglasses all up in my tv in that stupid ipod commercial, i have to supress the insatiable urge to wretch uncontrollably, and destroy every copy of every u2 album i can get my hands on. hate em!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:10 pm

i saw these guys in concert this year and there was this long drawn out shit about hunger relief in africa that went on for ever. I know that world hunger is an important issue, and good on him for doing something about it, but JUST FUCKING PLAY IN THE NAME OF LOVE YOU FUCKING POMPOUS ASSHOLE!!!!! Give me a fucking pamphlet on the way out... that's good enough. don't force it on me when all i want is to drink a few beers with my friends and relive some good high school memeories of the Joshua tree and war tours.
douchbags....
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Brocktune on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:26 pm

preach it brother!!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:31 pm

i feel much better now that i got that off my chest...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:40 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:but these guys use the money they make off their homogenized albums for really good things. So I am willing to forgive some coldplay style pablum knowing what Bono does with his own filthy lucre in trying to prevent AIDS in Africa and the like.

WHAT PART OF A "NO APOLOGISTS" ANNA "GO ANNA START YOUR OWN I LOVE A THE U2 THREAD" DID A YOU NOT UNNERSTAND, EH?

It's a like I speak a the foreign language or a something, no?

I think its hilarious that you think I read your entire post. But I think it's that you think I can read.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Adam Balm on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:43 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:I really don't get the disdain for U2. Okay, I can understand it actually, but these guys use the money they make off their homogenized albums for really good things. So I am willing to forgive some coldplay style pablum knowing what Bono does with his own filthy lucre in trying to prevent AIDS in Africa and the like.

Or you can read Surrender or Starve and see how helpful they've been.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:46 pm

One of my best friends works for the CDC in Cameroon. He has told me first hand how helpful Bono has been because he's actually worked with the guy on multiple occasions on the continent without press or pomp. Thanks though.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:49 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:One of my best friends works for the CDC in Cameroon. He has told me first hand how helpful Bono has been because he's actually worked with the guy on multiple occasions on the continent without press or pomp. Thanks though.

I think Bono genuinely wants to help people. U2 blows though. Actually, they don't blow, but I just don't understand the fascination that so many have with them. They're a nice band, they've played some good music over the years, but I don't get the "Bono is God" thing.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:50 pm

I agree. Their newer music is so boring.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:08 pm

i appreciate what the guy does for the world, i really do. and i hope that he does the same type of charity in his own country too. he probably has a bigger yearly income than the entire continent of africa (minus the relief aid that we send to those fucking dictators over there).
i just don't like it when i have to listen to it in the middle of a concert. play the fucking music that got you everything you ever imaginged.
and as far as the fascination factor, any famous person who gets involved in the political arena always get the moveon.org crowd all wet and mushy!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby vicious_bastard on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:09 pm

U2 just make awful, middle-of-the-road music these days - I'm with Lord Voldemoo in not understanding their continuing fascination. I would expect them to have a shitload of fans from the early days, like any band; but what baffles me why 'the kids' buy their new stuff and they get airplay on supposedly 'alternative' radio stations.

I have love for the 'War' album only.

And Boner got my vote. If I could have voted for Bob Geldof, I would have.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:12 pm

HA!
don't get me started on Geldalf the grey.
the War album was solid gold. everything after joshua tree was solid shit.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:13 pm

so sorry wrote:the War album was solid gold. everything after joshua tree was solid shit.

agreed.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:29 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Holy crap, I didn't know Adam Clayton was Italian!

Damn you, I was going to say that.

But the real sad thing is, I bet his drums are too.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:31 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:It's a like I speak a the foreign language or a something, no?

Words cannot describe how true those . . . words are.

Or something.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:35 pm

Truthfully, I can't say the I ever listened to the War album. But I do own the Joshua Tree and I love that album. The only good one that I've ever heard from them. I don't understand how they stay togther and sell records. All Joshua Tree-age people practically hate them now and their new shit sucks.
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby DennisMM on Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:04 pm

Bono once seemed spiritually, genuinely interested in the world, if in a self-righteous manner. About the time "Rattle and Hum" came out he started to think U2 was the best band in the world, and his dress and approach on stage started to change. His approach to charity and politics seemed more self-serving.

Once he became "The Fly," Bono was unbearable. I don't care how much money he gives to charity and how much time he spends saving the world, if he doesn't wash his hair and take off his fucking sunglasses once in a while he deserves to be pummelled by all the fans of "War" and "Unforgettable Fire."

And "Bono Vox" is an even dumber fake name than "The Edge."

I like Adam Clayton not for his musical ability but because he seems to be the only one who doesn't think they're the world's greatest band. In the '80s he wasn't in everyone's face about being born again, the way Bono and especially Larry were.

He just plays his eighth notes, has a beer and cheets on his wife.

Only great thing about any U2 album after "Achtung Baby" (which did have a few decent tunes) is Johnny Cash singing "The Wanderer" on "Zooropa".
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:14 am

I know this poll is in its death throes, but I had to chime in and vote for Bono.

DennisMM helpfully summed up exactly how I feel about the guy, so there's nothing more to say other than "yes, Bono Vox is the most demented name I think I've ever heard" and commend Dennis for his great use of the phrase "has a beer and cheets on his wife"!!
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:22 am

I noticed that a the Bono is a the "favorite" to win a the Nobel Peace Prize a this year, eh? The winner, she's a gonna be announced onna the Friday.

Burl may get validated inna the big way, eh?

Anna the Dino, he gonna have a to wipe uppa the egg onna his a face.

One a more reason to hate a them...
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:24 am

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:I noticed that a the Bono is a the "favorite" to win a the Nobel Peace Prize a this year, eh? The winner, she's a gonna be announced onna the Friday.

are you effing serious? he's a goddamn pop star putz is what he is. i can't stand that guy. he's the worst.

please give the Nobel Peace Prize to a real person; a real activist; not this flippin' ultra-putz.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:33 am

But he actually is a real person and a real activist.

Oh and HAHahHAhHahHAhaHHAhHAhAHAH
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:41 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:But he actually is a real person and a real activist.

Oh and HAHahHAhHahHAhaHHAhHAhAHAH

you should see that MTV special where Boner and Chris Tucker go to Africa. it's really embarrasingly hilarious. Boner keeps going no at length at the mystical nature of Africa (yes, of course, the mystical brown people with their preternatrual depth and insight! way to be racist without even realizing it there Boner) and Chris Tucker is just rolling his eyes and sighing with extreme exasperation.

it's funny to watch them interact with the people too. Tucker seems really open and genuinely happy to be there. whole Boner very nearly struts through the villiage as if he were Jesus Christ himself. "yes, you lowly Africans! witness the white pop god in thine midst!" then he does that corny dance and doves fly out of his crotch.

what a jerk!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:47 am

Whatever. You are the real loser here. You were watching something on MTV expecting something resembling depth. Douche.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:17 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote: then he does that corny dance and doves fly out of his crotch.

Sorry - but i think that may be the funniest thing I've read on the zone in many a day (good comeback though Burl). Lots of people in my office are giving me funny looks, and I fear I may pampilash
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:12 pm

I'm a telling you... Bono gets alla the attention, but Adam is a really the worst one... goddamn smug putz.
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby jobo on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:24 pm

Adam put the wood to Naomi Campbell and from what I remember he was engaged to her. He's been covorting with other hotties his entire career. And his 3 pack a day smoking habit is simply bad ass.

The Edge embraced his baldness by shaving his dome close and adopting a steady regimen of skull caps. Not to mention his name is THE EDGE. Best guitar name this side of Slash.

For all of Bonos politicizing, he brings the complete rock package on stage with him. He wants to entertain you. He wants to bring you the Jesus poses. He wants to wail with his incredible operatic pipes. He is rock star through and through.

And then there is Larry. Dolph Lundren's slightly mentally challenged little doppelganger. He sat by idley when Bono said, "Hey, Larry, we want to replace you with a drum machine. Pick up that tamborine bitch".

Larry sucks.
jobo
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:38 pm

Okay, the Dino, he say this a before anna he gonna say a this again, eh?

Goddamn Bono-Loving, U2-Humping PUTZES!!
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:40 pm

Bono washed my wife's hair one time. It really came out silky-smooth... like a fucking shampoo commercial, but one you can touch and smell.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Bean on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:40 pm

Ah c'mon.. U2 kicks ass, you can't hate any of the members, Joshua Tree is one of the greatest albums of all time!
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:49 pm

Bean, with alla due respect, you just a dumb teenager, eh?

:wink:
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:50 pm

ROFL
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby wonkabar on Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:02 pm

U-2 jumped the shark at RATTLE & HUM. There were some ok songs on that album and ACHTUNG BABY along with some other good ones here and there since then, but they basically ate shit after J-Tree. It's like they evolved so much, and were so dynamic during the 80's, yet have remained pretty much the same fucking band for the last 15 years....I voted BONO cuz I've been over his all-black "fly"-look since '93.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Bean on Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:33 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Bean, with alla due respect, you just a dumb teenager, eh?

:wink:

Aw Dino, no respect for a fellow Italian?
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby DennisMM on Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:44 pm

No solid albums since "The Joshua Tree." Period. Everybody's right except Bean. LOL.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:47 pm

Leave the kid alone. You guys don't know this, and why would you?, but The Edge once gave me a wicked facial with seaweed and spirulina. Afterwards my skin felt so soft, I couldn't stop touching it. The band and I had a good laugh when I got a pimple a week later. Bono was all like, "You shouldn't have touched your face so much because of that super facial you got from the Edge!"
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Bean on Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:57 pm

DennisMM wrote:No solid albums since "The Joshua Tree." Period. Everybody's right except Bean. LOL.

I guess it's a difference in opinion, cause All That You Can't Leave Behind was a sick album.
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:58 pm

I actually love Discotheque.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Flumm on Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:59 pm

Jobo wrote:
And then there is Larry. Dolph Lundren's slightly mentally challenged little doppelganger. He sat by idley when Bono said, "Hey, Larry, we want to replace you with a drum machine. Pick up that tamborine bitch."

...my sides hurt...
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:51 pm

I know I'm considered the cranky old guy here, but I want to say up front that I respect other people's opinions, except for Bono's.

Bean, I don't mind an occasional song on almost any U2 album but I've found the albums to be far weaker than (jebus chrift!) the stuff from the '80s. They say the Golden Age of anything contemporary is the age you first heard it, and I suppose it's the same with me.

I passed on All That You Can't Leave Behind, though I heard a couple singles that weren't awful. I am considering buying How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, because I've got about $100 in credit at a local store and that gives me free rein to experiment.
DennisMM

Postby DennisMM on Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:31 pm

No matter my likes, I must admit that after they gave Burl his facial (don't want to think about the possibilities, sir) Adam and Naomi came over and gave fantastic foot massages to me and my wife. They were the right kind of foot massages, too, caring but nonsexual. None of that Pulp Fiction stuff.
DennisMM

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:09 pm

Yeah those kids are so nice.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:32 pm

Okay... as of a now... the Dino, he's ABANDONING this a thread... alla you putzes have a twisted it inna to a the mockery of it's a former self.
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:55 pm

its not it's.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Next

Return to Music